“Good location”

Ranked #20 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here when going to a concert at the Americans Airline center. Easy location to get to right near the Hilton and the Doubletree Inn. The staff was very friendly at check in. They honored my preferences and even upgraded me to a larger room with a nice view of the city since I'm a HH gold member, however I didn't stay long in my room. The only thing I didn't like was that the carpet looked worned and was stained in the room. I was kind of disappointed with the breakfast as I've had better at Hampton Inns which I consider one step below HGI. However it was complementary due to my HH status so I can't complain. They had a shuttle to the AA center, however it did not bring you back. So I chose the option to just drive myself so I wouldn't have to worry about finding a cab. I would have been willing to pay extra for the shuttle to pick me up after the concert if that option was offers and I would assume others would as well. I definitely preferred this location if you are choosing between here and the Hilton. It's crazy that you have to pay for parking at the Hilton next door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will select us next time your travels bring you back to Dallas.
Have agreat week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice property with very friendly staff. Breakfast was nice, overall positive experience. Tad pricier than normal due to heavy convention traffic during my visit. Will stay again next visit to DFW area.

• Stayed February 2013
Have agreat week!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent location. Room service surprisingly good for dinner. Free paking. Friendly staff. Room had microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. Good internet connection. Will stay again when in Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will select our hotel when your travels bring you back to Dallas.
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Overall this hotel was a very good selection. It provided free parking, complimentary Internet, and low cost within a 100 yard walk of two much pricier convention hotels that charge fees for both parking and Internet use. The room was clean, but despite the large screen television and adjustable shower head it still gave the impression of being a little dated. Perhaps it was the carpet and bland decorations. Still, it was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the refrigerator and microwave were useful.

The elevators were not fast, but I never had a long wait. The business center offered free printing. The breakfast seemed costly until I visited the other hotels in the area. It’s difficult to distinguish chain hotels unless they do something horrible or exemplary, so I cannot say that this is anything beyond or below a standard Hilton stay. The only two negative points did not impede my enjoyment of the stay at all, but might raise flags for someone else. First, the peephole was stuffed with what looked to be toilet paper. When the nice young lady brought a welcome gift, I had to simply guess that it was safe to open the door. Second, I pointed out my special rate reservation at check-in, but I had to go down at checkout to correct the full price bill slipped under the door. The hotel seemed safe and the bill was corrected before I left, so I really had no ill effects from either instance.

The staff was very friendly and greeted guests as we entered the hotel. The shuttle was free to and from the airport and to certain downtown destinations which was nice. You do have to reserve it in advance, but usually not more than an hour.

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. I have addressed the issue with the guest room peep hole being covered with our Housekeeping Manager, We have taken measures to prevent this from happening in the future. We hope you will choose us again when your travels bring you back to Dallas.
Morris Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've been to a number of Hilton Garden Hotels and they never disapppoint me. They are not luxurious but are more than basic and seem to be very consistent from one to the other.

This hotel had a quick check in. The room was clean and pretty large, with a king bed, sofa, sitting chair, desk, microwave and small refrigerator and other nice amenities. The breakfast offered did not have a lot of choices but was very good.

The one negative I experienced was a constant hum I could hear in the room if I awoke during the night. Could have been a blower in the ventilation system that was not noticeable earlier in the day, particularly when the TV was on but it kept me awake a bit at night.

Room Tip: Maybe try to stay away from the elevator which could also be a source of the nightime noise I heard...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring to Dallas. Have a great week!
Orchard Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Reluctantly booked this hotel for a business trip since my regular hotel was filled. I was pleasantly surprised by the Hilton Garden Inn. Rooms were clean, front desk staff very accommodating. They have a shuttle service which was a nice bonus. The breakfast was good, although dining staff not very pleasant. The "bar" closed at 9:30 pm on a Friday night with a room full of people, very strange!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We greatly appreciate your imput and I will share it will our staff. We hope when your travels bring back to Dallas, that you will select us as your away from home.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is big, comfortable, and has all the bells and whistles you could want. Breakfast is $12.95, whether you custom order your eggs or have the buffet. Having said that I had some major issues starting with my reservation....then it went downhill from there. I made the reservation through AARP/Travelocity and was given a confirmation number. I called the hotel directly a few days beforehand to confirm my reservation, having requested a 1st floor room due to a walking disability (no wheelchair). When I called I was placed on hold for 10 minutes, then transferred to a national 800 # for reservations. I ended up speaking to someone in the Philippines, gave him all the information I could to confirm my reservation. After talking to him I ended the call, not knowing if I had a confirmed reservation. I called back to the Dallas hotel, and asked not to be transferred. I spoke to Ashley who confirmed my reservation. When we arrived at the hotel, the clerk (not Ashley) pulled up my reservation and assigned us a 4th floor room. She claimed she didn't have any special request noted, yet I showed her my printed receipt showing the request. I told her I needed something on the first floor because I can't walk distances. Then it was a let's get testy moment, "we have 2 rooms on the 1st floor and they are for the handicap, I can give you one". It was fine with me, and I knew the wife could go outside to smoke. No I'm sorry for the inconvenience, nothing, and I got the impression she was looking for someone to be in a wheelchair. That night the room was freezing, even when we tried to adjust the thermostat. Got up the next morning to take a shower and the whole shower head came off the wall track. Went to the front desk where they asked me if everything was OK, and I let them know about the heat and shower head. Within a 1/2 hour maintenance was in the room, pulling open the ceiling vent to turn the heat on and repairing the shower head. We were warm and toasty the rest of our stay. I understand that things can happen in a room, but what really irked me is this is a 250 plus room hotel and they only have 3 marked handicap parking spaces. 2 are located to the right of the main door, the 3rd is on the left side about 1/2 way down mid parking lot, not the most convenient. With or without a handicap placard or license plate, there is very limited parking for the handicap/disabled. Oh by the way, on our last night of our stay, the front desk called to check on us and ask if everything was OK. I ran down the list of problems that I encountered and said I was disappointed in the number of reserved parking spaces. Again no I'm sorry, or we'll look into it, nothing. Didn't even get a reduced bill or free breakfast out of it. After my experience, I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms 125-126 are designated handicap rooms and face the front parking lot. They are off the main l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Our property has seven Handicap parking spots. Three in the front and four in the rear of the property. Our property is also compliant with all Hilton and Govertment ADA requirements to include pool lifts, guest rooms and hotel access. I would like to invite you back as my guest next time your travels bring you to our area, and allow us the opportunity to get it right.
Thank you.