“Car was broken into....”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center
Ranked #29 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed April 15, 2008

The hotel is nice and pretty. The rooms are a bit old and have rust in the shower, I guess you should expect that in old hotels now. I always stay at Hilton since I am a Hilton Honors member and I like gaining points.

I stayed here for a convention. I drove my personal car since Dallas is 4 hours from my house. This area to the naked eye looks like a nice area with the hilton anatole right next door and a nice marriott a block away. The third night into our stay at around 5 pm while I was getting ready for a dinner party, my vehicle was broken into. The drivers side window was broken and they broke my console trying to steal my CD player. Keep in mind this happened in bright day light. I went inside to tell the front desk. The on duty manager was there and he acted like he wasn't surprised. He told me that this happens frequently and it is hard to prevent it. I never recieved an apology or anything from the manager. All he said was "all I can do is call the police". I wasn't expecting a free room, but after spending 200 dollars on a new window and filing an insurance claim to fix my dash, I think I deserve more then "all I can do is call the police".

I filed a police report with the Dallas police. The officer that came out, told me this area is hot right now for auto burglarys. He reccommended the next time I come to Dallas I stay in a suburb city (Plano, Duncanville, Los Colinas, Rowlett, etc). He said since all these hotels butt up next to i-35 it is easy for criminals to get away quick and far within minutes.

The hotel does have security, but they dont start work until 7 pm every night. I asked the security guard since most of the cars get broken into in the afternoon why they dont have someone that works afternoons. The security guard told me the manager didnt think it was neccessary. He also told me 6 cars in the last 2 months have been broken into and seriously damaged.

I will never stay at this Hilton again. I told our company travel agent as well as my friends and colleagues. Like I said, I wasn't expecting a free night or a bottle of wine. All I was asking for was a little more respect from the manager, you think that would be easy since he is in the hospitality business.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank radius480
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

My apologies for your circumstances during your stay.

Reviewed October 14, 2007

Okay, this hotel was kinda of interesting, a check-in the front desk was excellent with setting up early check-in, schedule early morning sedan service.

The staff were all very friendly, the van driver was very good and gave me a ride to/from American Airlines Arena.

However, this was the bad part, my flight the next morning was delayed so i went to the front desk to let them know to call and change my pick up for the airport from 5:15 a.m to 6:30 a.m.

In the middle of the night, the phone rings and it is the sedan service saying they will be there around 5AM. I was like "huh" the hotel was supposed to contact you and change it to 6:30 a.m.

They were like "Well they never called and let us know", so i told them i need it at 630 and they said they weren't available then, so i said i would take care of it myself.

Beware: Taxi to/from Dallas Fort Worth Airport upwards of $40.00 depending on taxi driver.

The Hilton Garden Inn is next door to the Hilton Anatole.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Reviewed October 11, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn with my husband who was on business in Dallas for 5 nights while I was in Dallas for training and attending the TX/OU game over the weekend. The hotel is just off of I-35 and has free parking. There is a small gym on the property but because I am a HH Diamond member I was able to use the Veranda Club at the Hilton Anatole across the street. It has an indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court, weights and machines as well as a variety of classes that you can sign up for. The Garden Inn serves a full buffet breakfast each morning and you can order eggs or an omelet to order if you have extra time. The hotel staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to get things done. Benito one of the breakfast servers was very nice and made sure my husband I got our coffee as soon as we sat down and made sure we had everything we needed. Our room was large and comfortable and had a mini-frig and microwave.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed September 10, 2007

I stayed at this property for 13 nights on a business trip. Upon arrival, I was greeted by LaShawn at the front desk. She was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the property and the surrounding area. During my stay, she would always go out of her way to find out how I was doing and even remembered my name throughout the stay.

I was in an oversized room which overlooked the Market Center. The room was clean, bathroom was adequate, and there was a desk with complementary internet connection. (There is also a small business center next to the lobby) There was always plenty of room to move around even when I had everything spread out.

There is a pool and spa towards the rear of the property. It was never very crowded. The hotel supplied beach towels.

This property also had a restaurant on the main floor off of the lobby in the large atrium. The food was good and reasonably priced, but the service at night was very slow. It seems that they were always short handed during the evening dinner hours and could not handle the restaurant being only 1/2 full. I had the buffet breakfast in the morning which included omelets and never experienced a problem with the service.

Finally this hotel also had a free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius and to Dallas Love Field. I used the service a number of occasions and the drivers were always very courteous and willing to accommodate.

All in all, this is a very nice property. I would stay here next time I was in the Dallas area, but would probably skip dinner at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank bbade514
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Reviewed July 27, 2007

I arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn around 7:00 PM on a Tuesday night for one night's stay. My first exposure to the hotel was an exceptionally nice, helpful desk clerk (LaShanna?) who went out of her way to ask how I was doing and direct me and others to restaurants in the area. I even called the manager the next morning to provide her with positive feedback about the desk clerk (unusual for me).

The hotel had a big, airy lobby, and my room was quite large - maybe more suited for two double beds than one kingsize bed. The bed and shower were fine.

I didn't use it, but was pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant available for dinner in the lobby area. They also served breakfast, but I don't believe it was complimentary.

I found this hotel to be fine... kind of typical of the moderately priced chains springing up all over everywhere. Not great, but OK for me.

I paid the Government rate of $100 per night.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed July 26, 2007

I liked this hotel, it was clean, easy to locate and the staff was great. The location was near everything in dallas. Easy access to and from the freeway, and downtown. They even have free WiFi.
I would stay again. They had a pool, jacuzzi, exercise room and a resturant/bar.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 27, 2007

This place offers the average for what I expect in a hotel room. They are currently constructing a new ballroom and escavation and trash hauling noise kept me awake 2 nights. I also noticed allot of new construction on adjacent property.

The room was the standard issue sort with institutional furnishings. Well used but in good repair. The bath was nice sized as well.

When I spoke to the supervisor of housekeeping about the night time noise, she immediately comp'd me 2 nights making my stay a very sweet deal.

They made me happy and I'll return.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012