Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center
Ranked #25 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Edmond, OK
“Average”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Everything was ok. There were no major issues that happen other than the room. I had a spended view of the wall on the second floor. It was just your average stay with nothing exciting to brag about. The only thing that did stand out was a rude front desk woman but I'm not going to penalize the entire staff for her arrogance and rudeness. Other than that woman the other staff was very pleasant. This place is most indeed exceptional. It’s a good property if you’re looking for a place that just meets expectations. But if you want customer service that exceeds expectations visit another property.

Room Tip: DO NOT GET THE SECOND FLOOR! THERE IS NO VIEW! Unless you like looking at a wall. DO NOT GET ROOM 21...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank J Michael J
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize for the behavior of my staff. I would greatly apprecieate a call, so I can investigate on our end. We will then do a coach and counsel session with our staff to ensure we provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests. My direct line is: 214-765-1910. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center on Labor Day weekend. I was in Dallas for an Ambit National Meeting which was held at the Anatole (next door). The Anatole was booked so we selected the Garden Inn because we could walk through the parking lot to our meeting. We found the lobby to be clean and the check-in was fast. Our first room smelled like smoke BADLY(it is a non-smoking hotel) -- why on earth do people smoke in non-smoking rooms?..., so I called down to the lobby and they switched us to another room. The new room was right next to the laundry room, and I was worried that the vibration would be noisy. That was not the case, and we found that the proximity to the laundry room was nice because our room smelled like laundry soap freshness!

There was a letter slipped under our door that there was a scam going on throughout the hotel where somone will call you and mention that your credit card had not been properly scanned upon your check-in. This paper warned us not to give our credit card to anyone who calls your room. Our phone did ring one night at 3 am, but I did not answer it, and then unplugged the phone from the wall. So perhaps that might have been someone trying to scam me!

Overall, the hotel was a fine value for the money. We did not eat there. The breakfast was not included with our stay (costing $10.99) so we opted to skip breakfast. I would stay at this hotel again if I wanted to be right off the interstate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that you first room had the smell of smoke. We take great pride in having our rooms clean and ready for each of our guests. I'm glad to hear that your conference went well, and hope to see you at next years conference in Dallas.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Normally I am a big fan of Hilton Garden Inns and try to stay st them often. However, this I will avoid in the future more than likely. Tub in bathroom would not drain. Bathroom sink would not drain. Bed was not comfortable--certainly not up to normal HGI standards. And the location is horrible. Nothing around it incealking distance. Shuttle was not available because it was a holiday. I would be cautious walking around there at night. It does have a nice laundry room, pool, and restaurant. The food was good. Not recommended unless you have a car.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service, and it appears we fell short. I have had our engineering department look into to the slow drains in your room to ensure they are working properly. I would like to invite you back as our guest when your travels bring you back to Dallas, so we can have another chance to provide you the service you expect. Thank you again for your opinions.
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed August 24, 2012

In town for a conference, I didn't have a car on this trip, so their free shuttle was helpful to get to the Dallas Convention Center each day. Free Wifi and excellent workout room. The outdoor pool itself is small, but in a large area with plenty of chairs. At eight stories this is the tallest HGI I've seen, and it has an "atrium," so it's easy to get around. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We greatly appreciated your comments and hope to see you in the near future. Have a great Labor Day weekend!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Hilton Garden was home for me for 2 weeks. Edgar and Ashley made me feel welcome. They always had a smile. Kenneth was there every morning to hold the door and see my group off for the day. I enjoyed the daily cookies followed by work outs in the newly updated, spa-like gym overlooking the pool.

The hotel restaurant is pretty good despite the lack of atmosphere. Of all the things on the menu, the salmon and the hamburger were the best. If you don’t eat at the hotel you will need a car to find good restaurants. The hotel shuttle is busy and usually running late. A cab downtown will cost about $15.00 for 3 people.

The manager’s reception mid week is a pleasant treat. They serve meatballs, raw veggies and dip with free beer and wine.

The business center is equipped with a copier. Free wifi is provided throughout the hotel.

During my stay new carpet was being installed. Even though enduring hotel construction is inconvenient, I noticed that the work was done quickly and quietly.

Side note: Across the street in the Hilton Anatole courtyard is a nice partly shaded walking trail with koi ponds--A very lovely retreat.

Room Tip: Laundry on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Shelley C
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Vaued Guest, Thank you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you in the future when your travels bring you back to Dallas. Enjoy the rest of your summer! Thys Jones, General Manager.
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Pros -Easy on and off I35. Great access to downtown area. Down the street from Medieval Times. Front desk Zena was so kind and helpful as she worked to honor our requests for connecting rooms. We had to wait for our rooms to ready, and when she heard it was my son's birthday celebration, she gave us all free breakfast which was excellent. Top floor rooms were huge and quiet and very clean. AC worked great. Towels in workout room for pool. Clean lobby restrooms. Shuttle van.
Cons - other front desk workers were not friendly or helpful. One of our rooms has a smell like rotting food, but maintenance said, "I don't smell nothin in thayer, man." Housekeeping did come in and spray. Hotel was full and we needed connecting rooms so we didn't ask to move. Pool tiny but clean. Weirdly soft low beds - reminded me of Holiday Inn of the 70's. Hallways had no AC and were very hot.
Would stay there again with good rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to let know how much you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the issue you had with check-in and the condition of your room. We take pride in a clean, comfortable rooms, and excellent service. We hope to see you in the future when your travels bring you back to Dallas. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip from 7/9-12/2012. Check-in was a breeze, staff were very friendly and helpful, gym had all the cardio and free weights I needed, room was spacious and comfy. Sales manager even had a welcome treat waiting for me in my room! Unheard of in this price range...

The evening reception is great. Virgilio and Daniel at the bar were great. Hugo was great help too.

The hotel is on Stemmons Freeway so if you don't have a car, downtown can seem close, but be oh so far. That was not an issue with me. Dallas, alas, is a driving city as public transport is not that great anyway.

I will definitely be staying here next time I'm in Big D for business!

Ivan C, San Francisco, CA

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the hotel, away from the freeway in front.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ivan C
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Market Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you on your next visit to Dallas. Enjoy the rest of your summer!