See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

We are in the process of relocating. I googled nearby motels and this was the closest. They required a $20 cash security deposit that was not mentioned on booking.com. Got there only to be told a list of rules due to a very high crime area!!!!

Room was clean but water pressure in bathroom sink was next to none.

We requested a non smoking room and were given a smoking one.

The smoke alarm intermittently beeped all night long. The sign of a low battery.

An odor of urine in room and finally discovered the smell was coming from the air conditioner.

Do not stay here.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2017

I stay here when Im in Dallas Garland area for work for extended time good price and clean I have never had a problem here. The people that work here are friendly rooms are cleaned. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank JayT991
Reviewed July 12, 2015

I found this hotel while searching for a pet-friendly hotel in the NE Dallas area. I made the mistake of not checking with TripAdvisor first. The reviews on Expedia were OK, the location was close to where I needed to be, and the pictures looked acceptable. I arrived to find some surprises. The pet fee was much higher than listed on the hotel's website, and they insisted the pet fee must be paid in cash. There was an additional security deposit that was not mentioned on the website, and again, this additional fee must be paid in cash. Finally, they refused to put us in a nonsmoking room because of our pets. They said that the hotel does not allow pets in nonsmoking rooms; this detail was not listed on the website, although I did later find that clause in the fine print of the confirmation email. I explained that I have allergies and cannot stay in a smoking room, but they would not waiver from their policy. I finally decided to cancel the reservation and stay somewhere else. I found a really nice Extended Stay just a couple miles away and with no hassle. So far so good, but wow, what a mess at the other place!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this place.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Studio 6 Dallas Garland-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the condition of the pool during your stay and any inconvenience it caused you. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you experienced different during your visit. The service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2014

DO NOT COME HERE! IN TEARS! As a female it is very hard to deal with staff like tis. Staff especially Andy very difficult to deal with, resistant upon every issue I've had. Dirty sheets were placed on my bed confirmed by hair in between the sheets and a stain. When I talked to Andy (staff) he spoke as if he didn't believe me (horrible way to treat your customers) then refused to give me clean sheets (totally unacceptable). Until my regular cleaning day (just horrified). I quickly documented I would be leaving when my monthly lease ran out. After documenting and turning into the office, I came in days later with my bed made up with sheets. I assumed they were clean. One day I awoke and noticed the same stain that was there on the previous dirty sheets. I knew it was because I'd taken a picture of it just it was at the foot of the bed and now the head of the bed. I called twice one week to get the internet password and Andy (staff) argued with me (bad customer service), refused (horrible) and told me to come out in the cold to the office to retrieve it, that their reason for being in business wasn't to give me the internet code frequently (sad way to treat customers). The internet code changes weekly. I repeatedly smelled MOLD IN MY ROOM when turning on the unit. I asked the staff Andy for a new room repeatedly, stated there were no new rooms especially downstairs, that I was an ongoing customer. I began not turning on the air or heat, keeping the door open frequently (crime hazard) and buying TONS of Lysol. One day I went in and overhead the manager saying the new customer's room was on the first floor. The manager called me, I returned the call the next day with no response, then I had to call yet again. I was told we couldn't speak on the phone and was asked to come to the office 3-4 days later after the initial written notification. The manager was very defensive, told me several times he did not believe me. And provided several excuses for who he called Andy, not repairing the moldy air conditioining unit or being verbally course and mean about the getting the internet code when I needed to perform work online and other things. I work really really long hours so I'm rarely here. I leave at around 8am and don't return until about 8-9pm. I pay in full and on time. So I've been really disappointed at how the staff has treated me. This is DECEMBER 2014. I WANT PEOPLE TO BE AWARE OF WHAT TYPE OF MANAGEMENT AND HOW IT WILL TREAT YOU IF YOU CHOSE TO LIVE HERE. ALSO THIS IS A CRIME INFESTED AREA OF WHICH I WAS PREVIOUSLY UNAWARE. DRUG INFESTED. LOW INCOME.

Room Tip: Test the air/heating unit by turning it on before leasing. Ask those who live there about mgmt. Crime infested area. I'm not from here so I didn't know about the area.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank L L
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I booked the stay for a week...truthfully, I heard horror stories about the neighborhood and used to live near there...I have been a loyal MOTEL/STUDIO 6 customer over the years, but not this location...They lost a good customer; I paid in advance, not there much during the day (business), don't request much etc. First of all, i received NO MAID SERVICE the entire week I was there!!! Second, when i mentioned this early on to the night clerk / mgr., he said I "would just have to call back during the day." The nerve! Isn't that his job? Like I didn't have to work the next day (and I'm a customer!). Worse, the following Friday, halfway into my stay, I was in at about 9:30 or 10:00 for my first relaxation of the week. I am a non-smoker, so I had a non-smoking room, hardly drink, and just wanted some peace and quiet. Again, that's all I ask for and I heard stories of drugs on the property, hookers, etc. (police issuses)-- To celebrate the end of my long business week, I lit up a cigar OUTSIDE. This is legal, right? I thought I was being considerate by not lighting up in the room. the night clerk that could not help me with maid service motions for me to "come over" (I was not in the parking lot) and tells me not to smoke my stick in the parking lot AREA for "image" purposes!!! The nerve!!! he was rude and I was terse back, seeing this youngster attempt to lecture me, a customer. Furthermore, he said nothing about this upon my check-in. As we arguesd, he said "you go back to your room now!" I coldn't believe waht I was hearing and I became irate. He threatened to throw me out on the spot (depite having paid for the week) and I asked for the manager and reminded him that I was a customer. He relented when he couldn't contact the manager. I attempted to contact the corporate office numerous times (here in Dallas) and each time got the "runaround." Still my concerns have not been addressed---by call, mail etc. I left seven messages and spoke live to four representatives. I even let customer service contact the motel manager to talk about the clerk, Harry, and his boss, Ronnie. When I called back, Ronnie, who, at first denied being the manager, told me he was in fact that and he was expecting my call. He was courteous, but I was disgusted by harry's behavior, the lack of room serivice, and the lack of solving the problem. i would've been happy to extend my stay' since everything went unresolved, I checked out. Customer service said he was to offer me a 15% discount on my NEXT STAY! Unacceptable, but Ronnie offered me a $10 discount on my next WEEK's stay, which would have been a 2% discount on my total stay. Unbelievable. Even a month later, nobody has still called me, apologized, and or rectified the problems. Mark

Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo