“No Security - Building in Marginal Repair”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria
Ranked #46 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We picked this property because previous stays were excellent. This stay Aug 3, 2012 - Aug 4.2012 was much less satisfactory. There were minor things in disrepair. shower curtain rod was about to come out of the wall , bathroom sink faucet was loose, and other small stuff that did not affect our stay, more cosmetic than lack of functionality. Our room was never serviced by housekeeping the first day. We had to tell the front desk as we were leaving for dinner. They said they would send someone up to take care of it while we were at dinner. They did, but the next morning we had no coffee cups. they discarded the old ones but left none to replace them. On the morning of our departure we went out to find my truck had the rear door window broken out. The thieves stole new clothes just purchased as well as my radar detector and a pistol. The staff, as well as the police officer that took my report, said it is happening on a regular basis at this hotel. They have someone that supposedly walks the parking lot at night, but they have no fence around the property and no security cameras at all. There was another vehicle broken into the same night as mine. If you choose this hotel, don't leave anything that costs more than a dollar in your car.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barry P
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Embassy Suites Dallas - Near the Galleria. We are sorry it wasn't a more pleasant experience. In regards to the physical condition of the room we have put corrective actions in place. Thank you for letting us know.

We are sorry about your car and the items that are missing. We hope they may be recovered soon.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have stayed there several times, Last time for five nights. The hotel is fine but I will probably not come back again.

On my last trip I left my MacBook battery charger on the room. As soon as I arrived home, 5 hours after my check out, I called the front desk, the lady asked me to call again in 1 hour. I called a second time but they said that I needed to call next day... I called again a third time, and they told me they did not have my charger, they also did not seemed concerned at all.

I am 100% sure I left it there. Bad mistake.

Be careful with your belongings.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyBonanza
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience at our property. I’d like to offer my sincere apologies for the lack of service that you experienced. I’d like the opportunity to speak with you at length about this situation, please feel free to contact me at your leisure at the hotel so we may discuss the situation at hand.

Chris Conn

Dallas, TX 75240

Main 972.364.3640

Direct 972.364.3649

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed with my three kids for two nights. Everything was great. I felt very safe. Everyone was wonderful. Free breakfast. Missed the complimentary cocktails because we couldn't seem to pull ourselves away from the Galleria. The rooms were clean, and the kids loved the swans. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thanks for the 5 Star review regarding your recent stay at Embassy Suites Dallas - Near the Galleria. It's always great to hear guests "Will definitely go back."

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in June and wished that we could have stayed longer. We have stayed in Embassy Suites close to 100 times, and I would put this Embassy Suites at the top. The rooms were large and the furniture newer. There was no smoky smell that I have found in a lot of Embassy Suites. The beds were comfortable, and the fridge and microwave in room were great pluses.

This hotel has two swans in the lobby. I had read the reviews about how much kids love these swans, but had no idea how true this would be. Our kids had to go see the swans at least five times a day. They were allowed to feed the swans, and looked forward to this every morning. It amazed me at how entertaining the swans were! We would go down to the lobby for the evening snacks, and our kids were entertained for an hour or more with the swans during this time.

The hotel has a free shuttle to the Galleria. The Galleria is great because it has a big food court, an indoor ice rink in the middle (fun people watching), and a kiddie play area on the top floor. We ended up going here every day for lunch, and the kids would spend a good hour playing in the play area. One day I walked back instead of calling for the shuttle. It is not a bad walk, but with two kids and shopping bags, I don't recommend it.

There is a drug store in the parking lot of the hotel. This was great and we ran over at least once a day for snacks, water, etc.

I think that this is one of the better Embassy Suites out there. Be warned that the place is filled with children, at least when we were there. We never had any problems with noise, but people without kids and looking for a relaxing stay may be annoyed. The pool is indoors, but a very nice one, and although we found times when it was empty, there were plenty of times when it was full of kids!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you so much for writing in such detail about your experiences at Embassy Suites Dallas-Near the Galleria. We're very glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much. And yes, it is true,kids love the Swans!

Hope to see you all back with us very soon.

Thanks again.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Service was amaizng. The hotel was probably updated in late 90s but it is still nice. Happy Hour, Amazing Staff, Clean rooms.

Areas of improvements - Water Pressure for shower - I am used to a lot of water pressure since I live in a high rise condo, but the water pressure was still nice enough to shower.

Large rooms and great breakfast and amazing work out area.

I will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Dallas - Near the Galleria. We are very happy you had such a positive stay and look forward to your next vist.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

They could use alot more attention to detail here! The hosuekeeping is pretty poor I have to say. They do the BARE minimum (make the bed and stock the towels). my room had maintenance issues, some of which were never fixed. Including a mirrored closet door dangling dangerously from its hinges, a scribbled on ottoman and AC that did not work one night.

Yeah, for a 100 degree day, their AC did not work that evening, though when I called maintenance, they insisted it was fine. Sorry - i know the difference between an air conditioned room and not when it's 100 degrees outside. by the next morning, when they finally admitted their entire system was down, the whole building was STEAMY. yuck.

The front desk staff was nice but after all the issues I had, it seemed like it may have been the YES program, to just get me to go away.

Free breakfast but it ends at 9.

I would defintiely not stay there again,

Room Tip: dont stay in room 508. it needs some repairs!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

First we want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Dallas - Near the Galleria. It is only through getting objective feedback such as yours that we can hope to improve. Please know the challenges you experienced have been addressed.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

My son and I stayed at this location for a couple nights in May. The parking was great, right out the front door and the lot was well lit. The room was very clean and was cleaned on time each day. The best thing about this hotel is its location. There is a CVS just off the parking lot. We were able to go there and get snacks and drinks without getting in the car. Very handy. Like other reviewers have said the hotel is on the smaller side. We didn’t find that a problem, in fact it meant less noise! We would stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Dallas-Near The Galleria. Glad you and your son had such a pleasant stay. Your feedback about our ideal location in North Dallas is something we hear often.

Hope to see you on a future return visit.