“Good hotel, but be careful with your belongings”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria
Ranked #45 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good hotel, but be careful with your belongings”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have stayed there several times, Last time for five nights. The hotel is fine but I will probably not come back again.

On my last trip I left my MacBook battery charger on the room. As soon as I arrived home, 5 hours after my check out, I called the front desk, the lady asked me to call again in 1 hour. I called a second time but they said that I needed to call next day... I called again a third time, and they told me they did not have my charger, they also did not seemed concerned at all.

I am 100% sure I left it there. Bad mistake.

Be careful with your belongings.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FlyBonanza
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience at our property. I’d like to offer my sincere apologies for the lack of service that you experienced. I’d like the opportunity to speak with you at length about this situation, please feel free to contact me at your leisure at the hotel so we may discuss the situation at hand.

Chris Conn
Chris Conn, CTA

Front Office Manager

Embassy Suites Dallas - Near the Galleria

14021 Noel Road

Dallas, TX 75240

Main 972.364.3640

Direct 972.364.3649

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Arkansas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed with my three kids for two nights. Everything was great. I felt very safe. Everyone was wonderful. Free breakfast. Missed the complimentary cocktails because we couldn't seem to pull ourselves away from the Galleria. The rooms were clean, and the kids loved the swans. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thanks for the 5 Star review regarding your recent stay at Embassy Suites Dallas - Near the Galleria. It's always great to hear guests "Will definitely go back."

We look forward to seeing you again.
Denver, CO
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in June and wished that we could have stayed longer. We have stayed in Embassy Suites close to 100 times, and I would put this Embassy Suites at the top. The rooms were large and the furniture newer. There was no smoky smell that I have found in a lot of Embassy Suites. The beds were comfortable, and the fridge and microwave in room were great pluses.

This hotel has two swans in the lobby. I had read the reviews about how much kids love these swans, but had no idea how true this would be. Our kids had to go see the swans at least five times a day. They were allowed to feed the swans, and looked forward to this every morning. It amazed me at how entertaining the swans were! We would go down to the lobby for the evening snacks, and our kids were entertained for an hour or more with the swans during this time.

The hotel has a free shuttle to the Galleria. The Galleria is great because it has a big food court, an indoor ice rink in the middle (fun people watching), and a kiddie play area on the top floor. We ended up going here every day for lunch, and the kids would spend a good hour playing in the play area. One day I walked back instead of calling for the shuttle. It is not a bad walk, but with two kids and shopping bags, I don't recommend it.

There is a drug store in the parking lot of the hotel. This was great and we ran over at least once a day for snacks, water, etc.

I think that this is one of the better Embassy Suites out there. Be warned that the place is filled with children, at least when we were there. We never had any problems with noise, but people without kids and looking for a relaxing stay may be annoyed. The pool is indoors, but a very nice one, and although we found times when it was empty, there were plenty of times when it was full of kids!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for writing in such detail about your experiences at Embassy Suites Dallas-Near the Galleria. We're very glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much. And yes, it is true,kids love the Swans!

Hope to see you all back with us very soon.

Thanks again.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Service was amaizng. The hotel was probably updated in late 90s but it is still nice. Happy Hour, Amazing Staff, Clean rooms.

Areas of improvements - Water Pressure for shower - I am used to a lot of water pressure since I live in a high rise condo, but the water pressure was still nice enough to shower.

Large rooms and great breakfast and amazing work out area.

I will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Dallas - Near the Galleria. We are very happy you had such a positive stay and look forward to your next vist.

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2012

They could use alot more attention to detail here! The hosuekeeping is pretty poor I have to say. They do the BARE minimum (make the bed and stock the towels). my room had maintenance issues, some of which were never fixed. Including a mirrored closet door dangling dangerously from its hinges, a scribbled on ottoman and AC that did not work one night.

Yeah, for a 100 degree day, their AC did not work that evening, though when I called maintenance, they insisted it was fine. Sorry - i know the difference between an air conditioned room and not when it's 100 degrees outside. by the next morning, when they finally admitted their entire system was down, the whole building was STEAMY. yuck.

The front desk staff was nice but after all the issues I had, it seemed like it may have been the YES program, to just get me to go away.

Free breakfast but it ends at 9.

I would defintiely not stay there again,

Room Tip: dont stay in room 508. it needs some repairs!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
First we want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Dallas - Near the Galleria. It is only through getting objective feedback such as yours that we can hope to improve. Please know the challenges you experienced have been addressed.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

beaches
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My son and I stayed at this location for a couple nights in May. The parking was great, right out the front door and the lot was well lit. The room was very clean and was cleaned on time each day. The best thing about this hotel is its location. There is a CVS just off the parking lot. We were able to go there and get snacks and drinks without getting in the car. Very handy. Like other reviewers have said the hotel is on the smaller side. We didn’t find that a problem, in fact it meant less noise! We would stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Dallas-Near The Galleria. Glad you and your son had such a pleasant stay. Your feedback about our ideal location in North Dallas is something we hear often.

Hope to see you on a future return visit.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Channel 70 Productions had a project only a few blocks from the Hyatt, our reason for staying there. Upon arrival, the lobby was full of kids and families, so we left and found Embassy Suites around the corner. Much more peaceful, so that was our base of operations for two days. And, it was easy to park our equipment truck out front. I love hotels with lots of close in parking. Gardens and landscaping are nice, but when hauling luggage and equipment, I'll take big and handy parking lots every time.

We make a lot of demands on hotel staff (faxing, receiving packages, local information, directions, etc) because our rooms act as our offices when on the road. The staff here was always instantly available in person or via the phone.

Good breakfast, but we worked through both day's happy hours, so missed those. Darn it.

One bad: wi-fi fees. Sure, it's free downstairs, but our rooms were upstairs.

Next time in the north Dallas area, this will be our first choice.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get the closest in parking
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Embassy Suites Dallas Near The Galleria. It was our pleasure to take care of all you needed--that's what we're here for.

Come back and see us soon.