The Hyatt House Uptown is located near the trendy Uptown area, downtown, and the West End. This was a great location for my husband and I since we walk everywhere. We dined at some great restaurants and had great pubs to choose from. We were able to walk to all of the major (and minor) museums and parks in the major Dallas area. Though located on Harry Hines, traffic noise was not an issue as Dallas is a commuter town and major traffic calmed after rush hours. Construction of a condo on Wolf St does make walking from the Hyatt a little troublesome. The rates are very reasonable.
Our room had a funky odor of men's cologne that was startling upon entering but otherwise was roomy and clean. The sofa could probably use a deep clean though.
The service almost got a 100% excellent. Everyone (check-in, shuttle, and housekeeping) was very friendly and extremely helpful. I had a low power hair dryer that I asked to be traded and the house staff was at my room in 5 minutes. The "almost" came during check-out since the front desk clerk didn't know how to check me out with a split check. This was a business/pleasure trip and this was a necessity.
Breakfast had hot items and common cold items. Fresh fruit was available every day (a plus). An fresh omelet can be made to order about 30 minutes after the breakfast start time. There's a social hour M-F but we didn't partake.
The gym had a couple treadmills, an elliptical, a stationary bike and weights and is open 24 hrs. Again, I'm a business traveler so this is important to me. The stationary bike could use an overhaul. The place was a racket once someone started using the thing. The weights were a good range and in good condition.
I'd stay here again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown is ideally situated in the heart of uptown Dallas and the Harwood District. This upscale, extended stay hotel provides outstanding guest suites with easy access to everything Dallas has to offer. The Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown is located 2 blocks from the American Airlines Center and is a short distance from the Dallas Arts District, the West End Historic District, McKinney Avenue, and restaurants like Capital Grille and Morton's Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Dallas/Uptown Hotel Dallas
- Hyatt Dallas Uptown
- Summerfield Suites Dallas
- Dallas Hyatt
- Dallas Summerfield Suites