“Good Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown
Ranked #65 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Little Rock
“Good Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We booked the two King Suite and it was great in size and very clean. The shuttle ran consistently and the breakfast was good. I have no complaints. I do, however, agree that an update is needed, but the hotel is still a good one. I am told that it will be updated this year. Will be back again next year for the 5th time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your support of the Hyatt House Uptown Dallas. We appreciate you as a guest and thank you for staying with us for the last 4 trips to Dallas. We look forward to your 5th trip back next year. As the GM, It would be my pleasure to meet you next time while you are here. We are very excited to say that our refresh is coming and will be starting very soon.

at your service,

Jeffrey G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Madisonville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Nice size rooms, quiet inside, very secure parking area...convenient to Downtown and Uptown. 2nd time to stay at this property, and would stay again. Breakfast was great, omelet bar...yummy. The staff was extremely courteous. Great value, nice property! Will be back! Was difficult to get to due to local construction in the area...google maps didn't have the closed roads marked! But, this was not hotel's problem, just a nuisance! Market in the hotel has what you need if you are looking for a little snack or beverage, onsite laundry, fitness, hot tub and pool area in a closed in courtyard.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I was disappointed with this hotel. The staff was very friendly and did their best. The problem is that the building appears to be pretty old and the rooms are in need of a major renovation. The suite was a nice size, but the furniture (the couch in particular) was old and stained. The carpet also was in need of replacement or a serious cleaning. I was not pleased with my stay and will not be coming back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bhoppe
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Quick trip to Dallas, and post-Christmas, we were looking to not break the bank! Got a good AAA rate for a King Suite and grabbed it. Husband has Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum status so although this hotel might not have all the bigger perks of the larger Hyatt hotels, it should be sufficient, right? All in all, it was average.

Positive
Check-in was seamless. Our clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was ready when we arrived at 1 p.m. The public areas / corridors have a pleasant aroma. The interior design / furnishings / color scheme is attractive and comfortable. Suite was roomy and the kitchenette, well-equipped. Bed was comfortable. Towels fluffy. Parking garage is attached and each parking level has access to the elevator lobby. Less than 10 minute walk to American Airlines Arena - at which we attended two hockey games (unfortunately for us, the Stars prevailed over their better out-of-town opponents, which was the whole reason for our trip!) Shuttle service is handy. And hey, complimentary breakfast? Yay!

Negative
The friendly clerk did not inform us of the daily parking fee (which we learned upon check-out). Although the corridors smelled nice, our room had a 'stale' odor. The hotel is non-smoking but the smell was like stale smoke. The room needs at least one more chair for the table if more than one person is to use it as a dining surface. What's the use of having a kitchenette if you don't have a 'dining table'? Bedroom / closet needs more drawers. Or the closet drawer unit could be deeper to be a little more useful. Surfaces show quite a bit of wear. We reported (3) problems to the front desk after our first night: the TV in the bedroom did not work, a lamp in the bedroom did not work and the toilet was 'running'. We stayed 3 nights. As a Platinum member, we would have really appreciated these items being fixed during our stay. However, they were not. First floor parking on the first night led to very dirty car from construction debris next door. Shuttle bus is worn. Don't wait until the last 45 minutes to partake in breakfast. Things go very quickly. And one has to wait awhile for a custom-made omelette..

In summary, an Average stay. A place to lay one's head. But the negative's slightly outweigh the positives and we probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the main corridor off the elevator lobby. There is construction currently n...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank candeux
Bristol, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have stayed here literally dozens of times over the past eight years. Considering I am a Diamond Hyatt member, you would think someone would at least know my name. No one does, the competent folks have moved on. Day 1-3. OK. Day 4. They forget to leave coffee. Day 5. OK. Day 6. No dishwasher soap, even though I leave the under-sink door open to show the maid there is none. And they do not run the dishwasher, even though it is full. Day 7. No Kleenex. Day 8. Are they EVER gonna vacuum the floor? You have to eat all your in-room meals on the coffee table. Unless your balance is better than mine, some food/flakes are gonna end up on the floor. Day 11. The commode stops up. It's embarrassing to have to ask for a plunger, and they don't have one available for folks to use. At least they took care of that while I was at work.

And so it goes. The sofas are just plain nasty but they do vacuum them most days. The service overall has always been about 70:30 and I don't expect it to change. In fact, I don't expect much at all when I stay here.

Room Tip: Bring your own plunger.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This place is older and probably could benefit from some updating, however I felt very comfortable here. I stayed a week for business but I have friends and family in Texas so I had a really nice visit as well. My parents stayed with me the first couple of nights and they enjoyed the bed while I slept on the couch which was not uncomfortable. My parents relaxed and enjoyed the room while I was at work and when I returned in the evening we would go have a nice dinner at nearby restaurants. The kitchen area was nice for making coffee in the morning and the refrigerator came in handy for breakfast items in the morning or leftovers from dinner the night before. I didn't feel well the 3rd day I was there and my parents had already left. I didn't want to go out for dinner so I headed down to check out the happy hour. They had wine and snacks and light meal options which was great! I chose some soup and crackers and went back to bed and felt better by morning. I liked the pool area but didn't get a chance to enjoy it. The gift shop had sandwiches and other drinks and snacks, my sandwich was very dry and I didn't like it that much but I'm sure a different choice would have made a difference. The parking is very old school with a big heavy gate on large springs that raise to allow you into the covered multilevel parking, which they do charge you for. Overall I liked this hotel. The room was nice, the bed and pillows were comfy, nice desk area for nightly paperwork, the toothpaste they provided came in handy since I ran out and the food and beverage was a nice treat!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MissHennessy
Perrin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place was top notch in my book of places to stay and I feel like I'm a picky person. We live about an hour and a half from Dallas so we don't know our way around the area completely but the staff helped us with that. They knew of all the restaurants in the area, recommended places and things to see. We came because we were going to the Mavs game that night and the hotel was locked 2 blocks from the AAC. The rooms were clean, bathrooms were great and a comfy bed. Couldn't ask for more. Will be back next time we go to a Mavs game.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple