Quick trip to Dallas, and post-Christmas, we were looking to not break the bank! Got a good AAA rate for a King Suite and grabbed it. Husband has Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum status so although this hotel might not have all the bigger perks of the larger Hyatt hotels, it should be sufficient, right? All in all, it was average.
Check-in was seamless. Our clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was ready when we arrived at 1 p.m. The public areas / corridors have a pleasant aroma. The interior design / furnishings / color scheme is attractive and comfortable. Suite was roomy and the kitchenette, well-equipped. Bed was comfortable. Towels fluffy. Parking garage is attached and each parking level has access to the elevator lobby. Less than 10 minute walk to American Airlines Arena - at which we attended two hockey games (unfortunately for us, the Stars prevailed over their better out-of-town opponents, which was the whole reason for our trip!) Shuttle service is handy. And hey, complimentary breakfast? Yay!
The friendly clerk did not inform us of the daily parking fee (which we learned upon check-out). Although the corridors smelled nice, our room had a 'stale' odor. The hotel is non-smoking but the smell was like stale smoke. The room needs at least one more chair for the table if more than one person is to use it as a dining surface. What's the use of having a kitchenette if you don't have a 'dining table'? Bedroom / closet needs more drawers. Or the closet drawer unit could be deeper to be a little more useful. Surfaces show quite a bit of wear. We reported (3) problems to the front desk after our first night: the TV in the bedroom did not work, a lamp in the bedroom did not work and the toilet was 'running'. We stayed 3 nights. As a Platinum member, we would have really appreciated these items being fixed during our stay. However, they were not. First floor parking on the first night led to very dirty car from construction debris next door. Shuttle bus is worn. Don't wait until the last 45 minutes to partake in breakfast. Things go very quickly. And one has to wait awhile for a custom-made omelette..
In summary, an Average stay. A place to lay one's head. But the negative's slightly outweigh the positives and we probably would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown is ideally situated in the heart of uptown Dallas and the Harwood District. This upscale, extended stay hotel provides outstanding guest suites with easy access to everything Dallas has to offer. The Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown is located 2 blocks from the American Airlines Center and is a short distance from the Dallas Arts District, the West End Historic District, McKinney Avenue, and restaurants like Capital Grille and Morton's Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Dallas/Uptown Hotel Dallas
- Hyatt Dallas Uptown
- Summerfield Suites Dallas
- Dallas Hyatt
- Dallas Summerfield Suites