“Find another hotel in Dallas”

Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown
Ranked #61 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Warwick
“Find another hotel in Dallas”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt House Dallas Uptown for two nights in September, 2013 while on a business trip. I thought my directions were wrong when I arrived, as the hotel is located in a less desirable part of the city, and I had heretofore always trusted that I wouldn't have to worry about a Hyatt property's location or quality. Once inside, the disappointments continued.

The hotel is old and shabby, and while the front desk staff were friendly and polite, they are under-staffed and poorly trained. I left two important packages with them at check out with shipping labels attached and they assured me they would be sent out with their daily pick up by the freight carrier (something I do at hotels constantly and have NEVER had an issue). They didn't send them out and didn't contact me for instructions, just waited for me to call the next day in a panic when I didn't see my tracking numbers in the shipper's system. I left word for the Manager to please call me, but he never did.

Stay somewhere else, Dallas is filled with wonderful properties.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hyatt House is Hyatt's upscale extended stay brand. Rooms have kitchens, seating areas, closets, and bathrooms, so you get a lot of square footage for the money. The staff was friendly. The 24 hour Market had a good array of basics. Bed was comfortable, working area was adequate, kitchen was nicely stocked with the basics. The shower was hands down the best part- water pressure like a fire hose (this is a good thing in my book)- and lovely shampoo and soap. You can walk (or run) to the Katy Trailway, which is a wonderful amenity. It is also within easy walking distance of the AA arena and about 15' walk from uptown offices (not that anyone walks in Dallas).

The physical plant is quite old (building, exterior, walls, bathroom tiling, carpet, elevators, hallways) and although the staff seem to make the effort to keep things clean, the hotel is probably a year or two overdue for a major renovation. My room (209) had a large, pink bleach stain in front of the door on the carpet and sort of curious looking pink streaks on the door itself. There were many years' worth of scuff marks, dings, gouges, and so on in the public areas- these things happen normally but that's why I say its a few years overdue. I also got charged $12 for parking automatically, even though I didn't drive a car; they adjusted the charge as soon as I pointed this out but just be sure to check.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to road noise, ask for one facing away from Harry Hines.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The reason we chose here is because while at the hospital (Northwestern Medical) we were given a list of hotels close that give discounts to families with members have major surgeries with this hospital, and this was one on the list. When we originally called the front desk said that they had never heard of this, but we could go ahead and book and go from there... We arrived at the hotel at 1:40am exhausted from being in waiting rooms and the stress of my brother have a tumor in his skull removed... Instead of being greeted friendly faces, we were met with two people who seemed annoyed with our presence. We asked again about the medical discount and showed the paper given by the hospital, their response was "umm, we have too many rooms used, so we cannot do that.."

By this time we just wanted a room and to go to bed.. We receive our room key and immediately notice, this room is taken... So we return to the front desk and they both giggle and say "oops, we gave you the wrong room" Seriously???!!! They give us the 'right' room key and we get settled in.. The room was spacious, but we do not notice.. The incredibly horrible service clouded it all. I slept on the the couch pull out bed (not recommended) and used the blanket in the closet. It had numerous blood and urine stains (or lemonade as I chose to believe)

The next morning we woke and went to breakfast. Breakfast was really good. Several hot choices.
Now, when checking out the day time girl was super friendly and helpful. I talked with her about our experience and she was very apologetic. She did take some of the amount off of our ticket. They need to hire several of this girl!

So I guess the moral of this story is you will probably be okay if you check in during the day and NOT with the night staff. I have never been treated so rudely or disrespectfully at ANY hotel or motel as I was that night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at this property solely based on its proximity to the American Airlines Center.

I appreciated the complimentary breakfast and managers reception (very yummy food and great quality), but the rooms are hit or miss. I switched rooms midway through the stay and the last was sorely in need of renovations. However, the first was very nice for this level of property.

You will definitely save money also due to the full kitchen. It was clean, beds were very comfortable, it was quiet and the staff was very friendly and responsive to my inquiries.

If I had a choice I would not return (because I typically stay at higher end properties), but it is a nice find if you can secure a good rate. (i.e., like $69 or less) Also a good stay for traveling execs.

Room Tip: I don't think there are tips. I would just recommend you preview your room and ask for another i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I only worried for working. They took care of the rest, including an afternoon courtesy meal . If you like bars. The uptown hot spot is at walking distance. They took me to the office every day. What can I say? Repeat ? Yes.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

For your safety please Do NOT stay at this location! Our car as well as six others were broken into even in the locked gated parking deck. Hotel staff and manager were in different to the thefts. Local police showed little concern.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Corneall
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice. Clearly a business hotel. Nothing luxury but clean. Great service due to they were very busy with Megafest down the street. They provide a shuttle in 5 mile radiaus. Which is perfect because cabs are very expensive. The front staff showed patiences and flexibility. They handle the crowd well. Imani and Victor were excellant. Thanks

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family