“Great for extended stays”

Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown
Ranked #61 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Great for extended stays”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I only worried for working. They took care of the rest, including an afternoon courtesy meal . If you like bars. The uptown hot spot is at walking distance. They took me to the office every day. What can I say? Repeat ? Yes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

For your safety please Do NOT stay at this location! Our car as well as six others were broken into even in the locked gated parking deck. Hotel staff and manager were in different to the thefts. Local police showed little concern.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Corneall
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice. Clearly a business hotel. Nothing luxury but clean. Great service due to they were very busy with Megafest down the street. They provide a shuttle in 5 mile radiaus. Which is perfect because cabs are very expensive. The front staff showed patiences and flexibility. They handle the crowd well. Imani and Victor were excellant. Thanks

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife, son and I stayed here at this hotel to catch a Dallas Stars game. The hotel is right up the road from the American Airlines Center.

I had never stayed at this hotel before. The design is a bit unusual - it's more like a dorm in its decor and outside design, instead of a traditional hotel. It's a bit smaller than a typical hotel as well.

We really enjoyed our stay at this location. Everything was clean and well maintained. Also, the room we ordered had 2 beds. I was surprised to see the large sofa in the room opened up to be a bed.

The only slight headache was a bachelorette party that woke us up in the middle of the night. I had to walk down and tell them directly to keep it down and not sit in the hallway to talk loudly. After it continued, I called the front desk, and the problem went away. However - this type of thing can happen at any hotel - so, I don't fault the Hyatt House for this at all.

Next Stars game I catch and stay the night in Dallas for, I plan to use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portland. Oregon
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Great location, and you can park close to your room. Spacious room with a kitchenettes which we did not use. The bathrooms are a bit dated, but clean and the water pressure is good. Friendly front desk staff. Breakfast is above average with scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, omelettes, etc. we got to the breakfast room both days around 9:30 and there were no more tables available, so we ate on the lobby couches. They ran out of coffee and silverware, but that is the only negative I can think of.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vamanos
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your response, Glad you enjoyed your stay! Try our new made to order Omletes next time you are here!!
Toronto
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My son attended a football camp in Denton, and it was a good opportunity to be a tourist in Dallas, Texas. This hotel was a perfect match for my friend and I. We were close enough to the sights, and the free hotel shuttle worked like a charm. We were dropped and picked up by the very friendly drivers in a 3 mile radius. We thoroughly used and enjoyed the outdoor hotel pool! It was good to have a little kitchen to save on restaurant costs. Breakfast was good and the complimentary happy hour during the week was also fun. I must say that the front desk employees were very friendly and helpful. We would recommend the hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed July 24, 2013

A friend of mine and I took our daughters, along with two of their friends to Dallas for the One Direction concert at the AA center. I booked a room at the Hyatt House because it was close enough to walk to the concert. I paid for the room in full when I booked it. We arrived at the hotel at 3:30 in the afternoon and was told our room wasn't ready yet. The girls were hungry so we took them to eat lunch. When we returned to the hotel an hour later, we were told that our room was no longer available, that they were an extended stay hotel and there were a lot of conferences in town and people had extended their reservations. The only thing available was a room in which at least two of us would have had to sleep on the floor. First of all, why weren't we told this at 3:30??? We would not have wasted time eating lunch if we had known we were going to have to find another hotel!!! Obviously they knew that our room wasn't available at that point in time. The staff never apologized to us, the manager took off down the hall as the staff member was telling us about the room. The girls were upset, they wanted to be at the concert early and this fiasco put us there about 15 minutes before it started. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends