“Great location; quiet and clean”

Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown
Ranked #59 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great location; quiet and clean”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great place to stay especially if you're attending anything at the American Airlines Center (it's a 5 minute walk away). We had a King suite that was very nice and clean. My only complaint was that the air conditioner seemed really loud when it came on. Breakfast was good as well. Added bonus - parking garage. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Awesome! We are always glad to have our guest come back.
We are in the process of changing out and repairing a lot of the AC units.
See ya soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great hotel for the price. Breakfast and an evening social Monday to Thursday included. Booked on hotels website for 5 nights and payed for room including parking for 134 plus taxes a night. Stayed to be close to AA center which is about a 600 metre walk or the hotels shuttle will drop you off. Used the kitchen in room even baking some biscuits in the convection microwave :) Two very comfy queen beds and also a pull out sofa bed, as there was three of us we could have a bed each which was a nice surprise. We were there the week of Boston Bombings and West explosion so spent alot of time in hotel watching events unfold so on the downside I think this place is so much like a home away from home we probably didnt see as much of Dallas as we would have if the room wasnt so comfortable. Internet connection was BAD BAD BAD in room 422. Very nice touch to add the evening social of nibbles and beer and wine four nights a week. Glad we actually went and checked out in person (we usually dont) as the parking was added to our bill when it had been paid for with the room. All in all a pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt House for two weeks while on business. Usually I stay at the Indigo, but I decided to try something different; I am so glad I did! The rooms were lovely and clean; with a nice little kitchen. The front desk and courtesy can drivers (especially the drivers!) were personable and reliable.
I will definitely stay there again next time I am in Dallas!

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a decent hotel in a good location. Breakfast is good and the parking garage is well laid out if a bit expensive. But.......after pre paying for this booking online we were still charged for our stay on checkout. I brought my online card statement to the attention of the manager who assured me it was a pre authorisation which would drop off in a few days. Suprise suprise it took us the next week to recover our funds (needed for the rest of our holiday) and lots of stress with the 'highlight' being the manager emailing me a doctored checkout receipt, wrongly dated, where they had tagged on the room charges to the bottom of my original checkout receipt!! I noticed that a recent reviewer had found his card skimmed so people need to confront the management if they think something is wrong. Also my partner was bitten all over by bedbugs which we reported to the manger.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry to hear we did not live up to the expectations that we strive for. As far as pre-paid reservations we typically do not authorize the CC until day of check in, if you feel we over charged and something was at all suspicious please contact me so I can look into this. As far as the bites, we have a very good pest control sustem in place here and we take those kinds of issues very strongly. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Little Rock
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Each year we are in Dallas for the NCA Cheerleading competition. Each year we stay here and are happy with the choice. This year was no different. The thing I appreciate about the hotel is that the staff is real nice. Inoni (sp) and the young lady were very helpful in assisting me with navigating Dallas. From suggesting eating places to shopping places, all of the suggestions were spot on. The rooms are great in size as well. With a family of 5, we need the space. So having a room with 2 doubles/kings and a pullout help big time. I have continuously been happy with the choice!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2013

While attending a conference downtown, we had a great stay. “Can do” staff made the difference here, along with the free local shuttle service, wifi and breakfast buffet. The very clean rooms felt homey with a large sofa and coffee table. It was nice to have hot items at breakfast, the eggs, sausage, fluffy biscuits and gravy, in addition to a variety of pastries, fruits, yogurt, cereal, juices, Italian coffee and Tazo tea. Friendly banter with desk staff and shuttle drivers, as well as smiles from the housekeeping staff, really created a laidback atmosphere. Two computers were available at one end of an open lounge area that includes the reception desk and the dining area. The 10-minute shuttle to the convention center and from area dining spots was easy to arrange and saved a lot of taxi money. It was relaxing to avoid the tower hotels and enjoy these pleasant courtyard suites very close to downtown in a quiet commercial/condo area, and, with free wifi, shuttle, and breakfast, it was a great bargain!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the inner courtyard and pool which was quiet at this time of year.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
gmhyattuptown, General Manager at Hyatt House Dallas/Uptown, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
So glad you emjoyed your stay with us! It makes my job so much easier and fun when you have a staff like mine. Thanks again for the kind words and great review!

Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Dallas.

Jeff Jones
Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My buddy and I do a yearly NHL trip to different cities and Dallas won for 2013, of course I used tripadvisor prior to booking, I always take the good and bad from each and try to have an open mind. I will start with check in. We arrive at 1:30 and a room on the pool side was not available yet, which we were ok with, since it’s a 3pm check in. Inani at the front desk was WONDERFUL. He was very helpful told us we would have one in 1 hour and gave us some choices for lunch. We came back and sure enough we were all set. And Inani even remember my name. We indeed got the pool VIEW room (room 320), but I guess when building the hotel they planted trees in the corners of the courtyard... well those trees are now overgrown and blocked our view, which was ok to us. I think they should remove them, as the leaves were all over the pool. We did not get to use the pool, but they did not keep up the maintenance of it that well. Room was good. The beds and pillows were comfortable and having full control of AC was nice... well my travel partner gets cold fast!! I will agree with the others regarding the breakfast area and choices. Somehow they need to get in more tables. I wasn’t expecting a fancy brunch, so the food choices were ok with me. Parking is indeed $12 per day, but it’s nice that it’s secured and you can get to your room from the level you park on. Had one day when we slept in longer and missed room cleaning, I saw a maid in hallway and asked to clean our room, but think the language barrier hindered that. Later that night Inani came through and got us the need towels. Check out was seamless and overall this is was good deal and nice hotel. Again thanks to Inani!!! PS room 320 needs rope hook on bathroom door and toilet seat does not stay up.

Room Tip: be sure to check the trees on pool views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends