“Go for brunch.”
Review of Il Cane Rosso

Il Cane Rosso
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cane Rosso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,669 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Four of us went for bruch last saturday not knowing what to expect. Pizza for brunch? Yes, and biscuits and gravy, and pancakes!!! The ricotta pancakes with nutella and fresh fruit ruled! I will be back. Yummy $3 mimosas are certainly a plus. Not the best pizza I've ever had but certainly in the top 10.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I shared the lunch special: $20 for a pizza, salad, and two drinks. It was an awesome deal. The salad was very fresh, great light dressing, and topped with shaved Parmesan. We got the Margherita pizza, which was one of the best Neapolitan pizzas I've had in the States, since our Italy trip. Simple ingredients done right! We were too full for dessert but the s'mores calzone sounded heavenly. Great find, we will be back when in Dallas.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went to lunch today with 5 guys from the office because we heard that Il Cane Rosso was offering a special pizza made with burnt ends, hatch chlies and sauted onions this week. For those unaware, burnt ends are "meat candy". After a brisket is smoked for 18 hours, the fatty (moist) part is re-rubbed and smoked another 12 to 18 hours resulting in burnt ends. Texas BBQ nirvana.

We ordered two of the burnt ends pizzas and an Emma (basil, tomato and Jimmy's spicy sausage). We were torn on ordering a 4th pizza, and decided to be on the safe side to order a Delia (cherry tomatoes, bacon marmalade and arugula). 15 minutes after a speedy delivery, there was nary a crust left.

The pizza is cooked very quickly in a 900 degree oven resulting in a blistered crust with just the right amount of char. The 'Que aficionados in the group loved the burnt end pizza. I enjoyed it, but prefered to two more traditional pies. The Delia was surprisingly good. Since it had tomatoes and greens on it, you could say you had a salad for lunch and not admit to pigging out on pizza.

The place is cool with exposed brick walls and a pizza oven shaped like a big red tomato. Very cute. The crowd is a very eclectic as the space lies in a funky part of town that is sandwiched between downtown and the medical center. We saw the tattoo crowd, downtown workers and folks in scrubs. The service is very efficient, with a bit of the attitude you would expect in this neighborhood.

At lunch they have a great 2 for $20 deal. You get two non-alcoholic drinks, two salads and a 14" pizza for $20. Only 3 of the pizzas are offered, but I did notice the Emma was one of them.

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

This is my Wednesday night spot! I love how it's BYOB on Wednesday's! The magharitta pizza is amazing and so is the honey badger! The s'mores dessert is the best:)

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner at Cane Rosso last night and really enjoyed the Luana pizza and Peach Bella Mela dessert. This is authentic Napoli style pizza with very fresh dough, tomato sauce, basil amd mozarrella cheese cooked in a stone oven. Outstanding pizza and worth the drive from North Dallas!

I 'm reluctant to mention that my knife was dirty, but replaced with a clean one quickly and the homemade bluberry gelato was not good. I was really looking forward to the gelato after our wonderful pizza dinner!

We will come back again!

Been to Il Cane Rosso? Share your experiences!