“If you like mold this is the property for you...”

Residence Inn Dallas Park Central
Ranked #98 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Salt Lake City, Utah
“If you like mold this is the property for you...”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Property smells like mold and is in poor condition. You may want to think twice.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank EZBusinessTraveler
DALRP, Sales Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We at Residence Inn - Dallas Park Central, are always striving to provide the best accommodations and service possible. I sincerely apologize that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. I understand that you did not make a reservation at our property but instead you were sent here because the hotel where you had made your reservation was sold out. This is a very frustrating and I can only imagine how you may have felt. We take cleanliness and maintenance very seriously at our property. I have spoken to all associates in housekeeping and maintenance and reviewed all standards for cleanliness. Again, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience and I assure you that this issue has been fully addressed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Calgary
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Easy to find close to the road but not noisy and surrounded by a choice of restaurants. Room and bed very nice fully equipped kitchen. Really good value for the room and amenities clean and pretty new. Only negative very slow check in and were were told breakfast until 10. I spotted a notice saying until 9 so suggested that we made it down by then. We arrived just before 9 only to have the maid push past us with the trolley and remove the hot items from under our noses before we had a chance to serve ourselves. She then reached over to remove continental breakfast items as we were trying to put them on our plates, never seen anything like it and we stay in hotels often! She ignored us completely while doing this, quite remarkable and not what you would expect from a hotel that seemed so eager to please.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
DALRP, Sales Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I was very disturbed to hear about your experience with breakfast. I can only imagine how you must have felt seeing them take away the food as you stood and watched. I apologize on behalf of our staff and the hotel. I am very surprised that this occured because we conduct Guest Satisfaction Surveys that address the friendliness of our Breakfast staff. We always score very highly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have addressed this with all of our staff at the hotel. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me.

Best Regards,

Jason Heinritz
Jason.Heinritz@ihrco.com
972-503-1333
phoenix
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Room 317 = 2 bedroom 2 bath suite, queen bed in each room. Full kitchen, small living room and fire place room located in the far back of the hotel on the top floor, faced outward. stayed for 6 nights.

Front Desk = Very nice, professional and accommodating.

Pros: Free Breakfast, Soft yet very comfortable beds(did not expect that for soft beds), grocery service, nice friendly atmosphere, free internet.

Cons: Can hear just about everything outside, windows do little to block out noise. Same goes for door inside, very little to block hall noise. Living room had a strange couch that was not comfortable to sit on, and living room should have had an easy chair to sit on. couch was only option. Maid service was erratic and room was never cleaned before 3:00pm.

Overall we really did enjoy the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010
Phoenix
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I stayed here for 4 days with my wife, daughter and 4 year old granddaughter. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which worked out great for us. Each bedroom had its own full bathroom. The living room had a nice sofa (which I believe was also a pull-out bed), and fireplace. There was a nice sized dining table with 4 chairs and the kitchen was fully equipped with a range, microwave, dishwasher, stainless steel sink, and full size refrigerator with icemaker. Also included are all kitchen utensils, plates, glasses, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms and grounds were nice and clean. The location is quiet and has easy access to freeways although not within walking distance to any restaurants. It was also nice to have free internet access. The only criticisms I would have are that the pool needed some immediate attention for the beginning stages of algae and while there were large flat screen tv's in the living room and 2 bedrooms, there was only one remote control which we had to keep sharing.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 5, 2010

This place was awesome!! Me, hubby and 17 month old had a blast!! It was incredibly comfortable, very centrally located, and exceptional service.

We decided to get a 2 bdrm suite, since my little one is use to sleeping in her own room...and we recently had experience sharing a room w/ her in a hotel made her extremely excited and hyper and she just refused to sleep in her own crib, she whined and cried till she was in our bed with us. Which is completely understandable, but not a restful nor relaxing vacation when you are sharing a bed w/ a restless toddler. So a 2 bdrm was perfect, that way she had her own room.
The suite was very nice and clean. The kitchen was wonderful to have w/ a little one. They provided a crib and even accommodated my request for a high chair! So we had a home away from home! The hotel has a very tasty breakfast every morning and on some evenings they had a small dinner type food and beer and wine:).
I truly had one of the best stays here. I was completely relaxed and I highly highly recommend this place. (To be honest, I was afraid it might be a bit run down and not up to my standard, we usually stay at 5 star hotels, but I felt this was a great place to have when traveling with children and still clean and classy!:) )

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Orange County, California
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I really like the suite setup. I spent 5 lazy days catching up on some Netflix movies, reading, and sleeping and this was a good place for it. It is right next to a major freeway but you can't hear it from your room. Good breakfast, abd they have free dinners a few nights a week too. Good location and great value for the money.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Great location, close to downtown and suburbs, shops and restaurants. But you need a car - nothing within walking distance. Entire facility is clean. We had the 1 bed with kitchen which had a full size refrig/freezer. Spacious and clean. Looks remodeled and updated. The bed was firm and comfortable. Room decor modern. Very quiet. Breakfast is standard, not the best nor the worst, but waffle, fresh fruit, yogurt and beverages provide some healthier selection over the eggs, sausage, biscuit/gravy, and muffins. Would stay again. Gave it 3 stars for cleanliness because we found 2 small roaches, one on the kitchen counter and one on the room wall. But for the price, I think great location and value.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple