“Three Words: Pecan French Toast”
Review of Crossroads Diner

Crossroads Diner
Ranked #140 of 4,327 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 7, 2018

I pass this place nearly everyday and it is always packed, so I tended to put off visiting. But! Finally went this week, and we seemed to have timed it just right as there wasn't a wait for the two of us. The place was very nicely decorated - loved the atmosphere of it. And the waitstaff was wonderful, we had the sweetest waiter who made sure we were taken care of. Even when he was busy with another table - he refilled our waters and let us know he'd be back as soon as he could.
We ended up getting one meal, and splitting a few sides - I got the breakfast skillet, which was good but too cheesy. Which isn't a negative comment, unfortunately I'm minorly lactose intolerant so it was a bit much for me. ;)
The pancakes were good and fluffy, hash browns were good, but honestly most of the food wasn't amazing. It was good, but kind of an average breakfast.
Until we got to the cinnamon-pecan french toast. It's a side, only comes with one slice. But it's wonderfully dense, drowned in butter, and just marvelous. Mmmm.
I'd love to go back and try some other options (maybe most of the menu is average, but with some amazing stuff snuck in?) and maybe a mimosa. But overall it's a good place if you can time it right or are feeling up to waiting.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed January 3, 2018

This place is busy, be prepared for a short wait but it is so worth it! Pancakes and Cinammon buns, just yummy!! The service is great and even though they were crowded, they let us sit and chat for hours and kept refilling the coffee! Love this place!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 22, 2017

The service was good but still not impressed with the food. Maybe it was what I ordered, as the eggs tasted like "Egg Beaters!"

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

We started with a sticky bun and my husband could not get enough. The delicious Carmel poured over it was delightful. I had the skillet with eggs, bacon and verde sauce. The eggs were perfect but the sauce a bit sweet. Thankful they had lots of hot dauber to keep me happy!! Pancakes were divine and the biscuits and gravy were just like Granny’s!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Frittata is an open faced omelette and we did a build-your-own telling server what we wanted. These were very tasty. The sticky buns were incredibly sweet. Grits are fantastic. Fluffy and light pancakes are awesome but Cracker Barrel's pancake syrup is better in my opinion. Arrived at 10:30 AM on a Sunday and were told wait for two would be 30-45 minutes. We walked to nearby Kroger and did some non-perishable grocery shopping. Our wait was 50 minutes. On our table a sign indicated they use the "nowait" app so you can check the wait, join the list and arrive when your table is ready. Their automated texting system lets you know when table is ready. Will download the app for our next visit.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to Crossroads Diner? Share your experiences!