“if you like loud AC...”

Motel 6 Dallas - North - Richardson
Ranked #179 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 21, 2009

This was a convenient location for UT/OU game (close to the DART train), but that's about it. The air conditioner was extremely loud, each time it recycled. The rooms have apparently been remodeled recently, but they already feel as though they've been well-used. Beds and bathroom were overall clean. Breakfast (free) was good, with home-made waffles (points for this). Staff was helpful, but just barely. You get what you pay for...

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank irishmm

Reviewed September 5, 2009

The hotel was nice and clean. The staff really appreciate the business and costumer. I would recommend my friends to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2009

As as we walked to the front doors of the hotel we saw shattered glass. Even thought we were not sure after seeing this. We still decided to give it a chance. Which I regret we should have gone with our first instinct. The room we were given had stains on the wall all the way to the ceiling. The carpet was old and dirty with stains and pet hair. The towels in the restroom had yellow stains on them. Even the Chair in our room was dirty with stains on it. That not being bad enough their room doors don't close, we left the room and came back to see the door had not completely closed behind us, we didn't even use the card to open the door we just had to push it in. This made me feel even more unsafe in this hotel, anyone could have just walked in and taken my things. I DID NOT feel safe at this hotel we kept an eye out on the car all night. The hotel really needs to get updated. The next morning I couldn't wait to get out of there. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vanesgirl7
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Poorly maintained and outdated hotel. Stayed there only one night. Got in late at night and could not wait to check out the next morning. Staff was not friendly nor professional. Room was dirty, dark and smelly. The first room that I was given had a large bag of leftover dinner sitting on the counter from someone else. The bedsheet and pillow cases were wrinkled, although the room seemed to have already been made up. I was provided another room. A little better, but below typical Country Inn standard. The sink faucat was leaking, and toilet was running all night long. Two out of five light bulbs in the room was burnt out. Carpet was old and dirty. Free breakfast was horrible - poor selection, danishes were stale and pre-cut in halves. Dining room was dark (5 out of 17 light bulbs were burnt out and was not replaced). Would not recommend for families especially with children.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank LeesSummitTraveler
Reviewed February 2, 2007

An ice storm caused me to stay over in Dallas, but I found the staff warm (unlike the outside temperature) and especially helpful in making me comfortable during my unexpected stay. Having on-site laundry facilities helped, too, so I could wear clean clothes on my trip home. The hotel had a continental breakfast with plenty of choices and the high speed internet access allowed me to get some work done while I was there. When things thawed out a little, I made my way to the Galleria Mall nearby for some shopping before continuing home.

Overall, I can definitely recommend the hotel for someone looking for a friendly, affordable hotel with easy freeway access in North Dallas.

Stayed: January 2007