Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill
Ranked #110 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Enumclaw, Washington
“Noisy ”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We had made reservations through choice thinking we had guaranteed reservations. At 830pm we called to make sure letting them know we were still in transit to find out they had given our room away but would give us a different one. With Wyndham we have never experienced that. Thankful they still ha a room since they said their full. Yet we arrive and "somehow" they have our room for us. However the building next to us and parking lot had a party going the entire night to wee hours of the morning. Music loud voices and freeway traffic. We were on the Fourth floor backside of building. Though my husband with cold medicine slept through it I didn't.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello dd1984,

Thank you for participating in our on-line survey.

I deeply apologize for your experience at our hotel and will make sure to train our staff better at assigning rooms. However, we were very busy that day due to the Valentine holiday but again, I will share this with the staff to reinforce our commitment to all of our guest's satisfaction.

We hope that you give us a chance in the near future to serve you better.

Mike O'neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bethany, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I should have known, after passing the Gentlemen's Club nearby, that this hotel would be nothing but trashy. When I walked through the automatic sliding glass doors with my luggage, they actually closed on me. Then my sinuses were assaulted by the pungent chlorine smell which burned my nostrils. After having to wait 15 - 20 minutes to check in, the elevator wait was no better. I was placed in a room next to the hall being remodeled, a scant ten paces away. Not only is the hotel outdated and shabby, so are the rooms. There were holes and cigarette burns on the furniture and bathroom vanity, holes in the drapes, the sink and tub did not drain properly and backed up, the carpet was ragged and the televisions were circa 1980. The air smelled of musty cigarettes and stale beer. I was awakened to the sound of hammers, drills and saws which competed with the obnoxiously loud interstate noise outside my window. I would have been better off at the Bates Motel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear SouthernTravelerGal,

Thank you for participating in our survey.

I am very sorry you had to go through that ordeal at our hotel. I know it is not a consolation but it sounds as if you experienced the worst of the worst and I am deeply sorry about that. We have talked to our working crew to scale down on the noise and starting time of their work as we are in the process of renovating and needing a new, upgraded look to our hotel. I would love to have your address to mail you a couple of thousand points. If so you choose, our email address is gm.txa01@choicehotels.com. I hope you forgive us for such horrible experience. Have a nice day and hope hearing back from you.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a very good value. It is nicely appointed with a friendly and responsive staff. It is clean and contains a whirlpool, an indoor swimming pool and workout center. All are handicap accessible. The breakfast is excellent with bacon/sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, eggs/omelets, waffles, juice, cereal, coffee, bread, bagels, Danish, yoghurt, and fresh fruit. There are some minor instances of amateur maintenance such as discolored tiles in the elevator and masking tape on the heater/AC, but nothing that is intolerable. The bathroom is clean with an excellent shower head and bath. There is free Wi-Fi. Parking is free, secure, well-lit and there is a low-profile security officer on duty at night as well as video surveillance. Excellent freeway access to 35E to go downtown Dallas in about 15-20 minutes. There are several restaurants or fast food places such as Denny's and Jack in the Box and others within walking distance. The walls are not soundproof, but average. The TVs are older, but operational. The stairway carpet from the lobby to 2nd floor needs shampooing. A few negatives are out of control of the management such as: the location is next to a car lot on the north and the freeway on the west. Not much of a view...who cares? Several nightclubs are very close, but none of this really affected me once inside. I stayed there for 5 days and was very satisfied. To get the best price, book via the internet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Mark O.,

Thank you for taking the time to participate in our on-line survey. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will share this with our staff to reinforce our commitment to providing all our guests with an exceptional service.

I do admit we need minor improvements and that is one of the reasons we are renovating. Also because we do need to be on par with today's technology thus we will be installing all new furniture and television sets. I hope you come back in the near future and enjoy our new accommdations.

Altoona, Iowa
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights at this hotel in early January. Noticed a small wrapper, plastic bottle cap and red coffee stir stick on the hallway floor the night I checked in. All three pieces of trash where still there when I checked out. Also noticed a few crackers on the floor of the elevator everyday. Room was pretty clean. Just wonder who cleans the elevator and hallways?

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Russell M.,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our on-line survey.

I am very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations and I will bring this to the attention of our housekeeping staff. Thank you for letting us know in order to provide a better experience for all of our guests. Hope you come back to see us to let us serve you better.

Mike O'Neil
Euless, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for New Years Eve because we were attending Colette next door. The lobby is charming, but the guy that checked us in was NOT friendly; he never cracked a smile. The most annoying thing about this hotel is that it only has one single elevator for 4 floors, so we had to wait FOREVER each time we needed to go up or down. Unfortunately there were problems with our room as well. The bathtub plug didn't work so the tub wouldn't hold water for a bath. The TV remote didn't work. The bedspread had a visible cigarette burn. The blow dryer cord had what looked like blood on it. And the heat/AC was extremely slow going on and off. I'm not very picky when it comes to one-night hotels, but this one is definitely sub-par.

• Stayed December 2013
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear SSESQ,

Thank you for participating in our on-line survey. I want to wholeheartedly apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I will talk to my staff and address all of your concerns to make sure that does not happen again.

We are in the process of renovating and will have all new furnishings and decor, please come back to see us and give us another chance to accord you with great service. Hope your New Year was great!

Mike O'Neil
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was too firm for our tastes, but the rest of the room was great. The hot breakfast in the morning was nice and there were a lot of options including Texas-shaped belgian waffles. We were close to everything in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. It's right off the interstate, too. Google maps directions will lead you astray if you are coming from the West, but from the East they seemed to work fine. Overall it was a nice overnight stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Hello Lesley M.,

Thank you for taking the time to participate in our on-line survey.

Also, thank you for the directions tip, some people have a hard time finding us even when they use GPS. Now I know what to tell them next time.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very happy to inform you that we will be renovating next year so if you happen to come to Dallas again, keep us in mind. We strive to satisfy all our guests with exceptional services and would love to have you again!

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Average Comfort Inn. Good Value for the Price. I stayed here for four nights while working in the Dallas area. Rate was around $80.00 per night. The staff was friendly. On the first night (Saturday) there was a club or something next door that was playing extremely loud music that you could hear inside the rooms. This made for a long night.

The hotel lobby was clean and comfortable. The rooms were a bit dated and had average bedding.

Breakfast in the morning was above average, and was open and ready before the posted hours. They did a good job on the warm food side making sure it was fresh.

And as previously mentioned - unlimited free cookies all day and night !

Stayed December 2013
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Hello Michael W,

Thank you for completing our on-line survey. I am glad to hear that your stay was good and I apologize we could not exceed your expectations. Our staff should have placed you in a different room so you would be away from that area, my sincere apologies for that.

I am happy, however, to inform you that we will be renovating beginning January so I do hope you come back to see us. Have a wonderful Christmas!