“Going to the AAC? Stay here...”

Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill
Ranked #109 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Benton, Arkansas, United States
“Going to the AAC? Stay here...”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn off I-35 off Walnut Hill Dec 9-11. Took in the Blackhawks/Stars game and stayed here because of it's proximity to DART. The Walnut Hill/Denton station was a simple mile or so trip from the hotel. Left out of the hotel, right on Walnut Hill and you're there in no time. I stayed in a king bed suite, nice bed, couch, fridge and microwave. All nice. TV was ok, but a flat screen HDTV would have been better. WiFi worked, as did the ice machine. Front desk ladies were very pleasant and helpful. Got a good deal on the room through the Choice International Hotels website. All in all, exactly what I had hoped for. A good room at a fair price close to the DART station. I recommend the hotel, they have an indoor pool and hot tub and a hot breakfast as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Burt L,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to continue to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. You will be happy to hear that we are indeed having flatcreens on all our rooms as we are upgrading next year. We hope to see you then!

Mike O'Neil
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brevard, North Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Reasonable rates, large clean rooms, free wi-fi, very good breakfast, and a warm, friendly staff...we couldn't have asked for more. (I can't compliment the staff enough!). We will definitely return because the weather chased us out of town earlier than we had planned.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MissSunbeam,

Thank you for taking the time to participate in our on-line survey. I am very glad to hear that your stay was splendid. I will share this with all of our staff to reinforce our commitment to providing all of our guests with a great experience.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel meets Choice Hotels standards being clean, welcoming with a solid free breakfast. I stayed on the 2nd floor. There was a lot of road noise from the nearby highway. There also was a low rumble that seemed to becoming from the heater in another room. The indoor pool wasn't heated and the whirlpool not functioning. But there are cookies!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dutt P, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Chris F,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites I-35 E/Walnut Hill.

Allow me to apologize for failing to meet your expectations regarding our hot tub and indoor pool. Unfortunately, they stopped working on Saturday and our technician could not come in until Monday. I have shared your feedback with him and have trained our staff to restart the boiler system for the pool area.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Dallas.

Paris, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed there nov 18-20 the inside and outside were very clean
The area was quiet even though there is construction on the interstate
Was easily accessible
Will def stay there again as I'm in dalls several times a month

• Stayed November 2013
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hello Milehigh39,

Thank you very much for taking the time to participate in our survey. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our Comfort Inn and Suites. I will show this to all the staff so they can keep providing all our guests with such wonderful service. We definitely look forward to serving you next time you are in Dallas.

Kind regards,
General Manager.
Chaska
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This moderately priced hotel has the feel of a much more expensive hotel. It is super clean, has a unique decor, and the breakfast included bacon and sausage and most important to me, REAL coffee (not the watered-down version at so many hotels recently). The staff was friendly and helpful. The only down side is that there aren't many restaurants near the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites...large and nice with a divider.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello David M,

Thank you for participating in our survey and thank you for complimenting us on our breakfast. I am sad to say that that wonderful decor will be taken down as we are getting ready to renovate. The same exceptional service, however, will still stand and we will be delighted to see you back.

Yes, there are not as many restaurant in our area, within a walking distance that is. We only have one close by but there are many others on the next exit, going north. Again, we hope you come back to see us soon.

Kind regards,
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stay here often for work. I have tried many hotels around the area and most of the hotels have poor internet service.This hotel has excellent wireless internet. The rooms are always very clean.The hotel has good strong hot water in the restrooms. Breakfast is always good. Usually Tuesday through Thursday evening's they have beer complimentary beer, wine, and snack foods. I will continue to stay here when I come to Dallas. I almost forgot to mention, the rates are very good at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear 1less,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We strive to provide our guests exceptional services and I am glad to hear our staff did an exceptional job. I am, however, sad to inform you that we no longer offer our happy hour but we are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town

Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. The air conditioner was out in the suite they put us in so when I called down to the staff they were quick to put us in another suite that was very close to our first one so we didn't have to move everything very far. The location was easy off/on to I-35 and only one mile from the DART system. Close to a few good restaurants and fast food places as well.

The pool and hot tub were very well managed and nice to get into after a long day of walking at the State Fair. The breakfast in the morning was well equipped and had very good food. I especially liked the egg omelets. They had eggs, bacon, biscuits, bagels, waffles, yogurts and a whole lot of other things.

They also do a nice thing for their customers. They have fresh baked cookies at all times right next to the front desk. :-)

Room Tip: We saw airplanes flying by landing at Love field but inside our room with the fan on we couldn't...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dutt P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Susan,