“Party Time :(”

Ranked #111 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Party Time :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel was easy to find dispte the road construction. Friday night was fine. Breakfast in the morning was good. Saturday night was very bad drunken girl bohooing outside of room at 2:30, party upstairs still going at 3:30. Rooms need better sound proofing to the hallways.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevator must be avoided (X15)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Antioch, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed for two days starting 9/30/12. Service at the front desk was very good, no matter what time of day or night.!!! Breakfast had a varied selection of hot and cold items and the quality was quite good.. The hotel's location is easy to find off of I35E and though it is near the freeway noise was not an issue. The business center is very good(2 computers and printers) and is open 24 hrs., you need to get a key from the front desk to access the business center, you will undersatnd why this is necessary when you check-in. Parking is easy....WOULD STAY AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Longview, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

dont stay here with a family/kids!!!

BIG warning!!!! Had to sign a waver if your car gets vandalized its not their fault.

Old inside too. Pics make this hotel look new and comfortable.

Simply misleading info/pics/location.

Only stay here if your a man, flying out the next morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

While many guests tend to complain about the location of the hotel, I did not have any issues or feel unsafe upon arriving at 12:15 a.m. alone and of the female gender, nor did I experience any troubles upon my departure at 7:00 a.m. the next morning. In fact, the location never became an issue. Although a short in and out stay, my entire experience was very good. The staff was courteous and friendly at all times, and the room was clean and equipped with all the essentials. I did not partake of the hot breakfast the next morning, but my parents did and seemed to be quite satisfied with the selection and taste of everything. Not that this is important, but what I was most impressed with was how cool and odor free the hallways seemed to be compared to the way hotel hallways usually are....hot and musty. I'd definitely recommend this location to another traveler. The

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RunninTheRoads
Dutt P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites-Dallas NW. As General Manager, I try to hire people who are friendly and want to aid my guests with any and everything possible. At the same time, I understand that the area has its share of clubs and bars; however, my security officer has been tremendous in helping keep away troubled customers. Please stop by and visit with me next time you are in the area. Take care.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The convenient location next to I35 caught my eye online. We have been pleased with our stays at Choice Hotels in the past.
First of all, immediately turning onto Composite Drive, it was obvious to us that this hotel is in a terrible, unsafe location, as also agreed by other guests.
Secondly, our room did not have sheets, blanket, towels, and pillows needed for all of us when we arrived, and checking at the office, they could not give them to us because housekeeping was closed, and they had no keys.
Thirdly, as we learned, with the elevator directly across from our room, with laughing and loud talking, comings/goings approximately every 45 minutes from a very nearby room, it was definitely not a positive family atmosphere.
If that wasn't enough, the following morning my wife awoke with a fresh row of bites, and after researching, discovered that they were bed bug bites. Immediate decontamination of our personal items, as well as the items of other family members, had to be done. Stressful, embarrassing, and expensive. More Choice Hotels? "...ah, I don't think so!". Wildcatfan67

• Stayed June 2012
Dutt P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
In response to your thoughts and comments, I would like you to know that this hotel is now under new management and will be undergoing an extensive renovation. We are striving to update TV screens to plasma TV, new furniture, new upscale theme, thus making it a more pleasurable experience for our guests. In regards to the area, our hotel staffs a security guard throughout the evening hours and he helps deter unwanted guests from stepping onto this property. I appreciate your comments as they help me ensure a better stay for my guests.
Menasha, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I had made reservations at this hotel for May 2012. The centralized location and low rates caught my eye online. When I actually got to the hotel it became clear why prices here are cheaper than others. To be frank: it's a terrible, unsafe location. The streets are lined with adult strip clubs. Peddlers and junkies will approach you and ask for money. Airplanes frequently travel overhead. Although the staff is friendly, the professionalism is poor. I'm very particular about cleanliness and detail -- it didn't take an eagle's eye to spot some of the problems. You step into the elevator and question its maintenance record (I'd like to know if it's even up to code... it would have been nice to see a posting). Look up and you can see a few dead critters in the light screens. The rooms are no better. Smoke alarm batteries are missing from the detectors, and sure enough, this hotel allows smoking (I'm sure the fire marshal won't be too please about that). Dead ants and chiggers can be be seen in the bathrooms; they're even smushed onto the walls. I don't believe the window sills have ever been wiped down (definitely a problem for people allergic to mold and dust). Stains and residues found on the carpet and chairs. Need I go on?

Room Tip: Should you choose to venture to this hotel, or other hotels in the area, trust your gut. I didn'...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Michael D
In response to your recent stay, I would like to inform you that this hotel is now under new management and will be doing an extensive face lift. All rooms and public areas will be upgraded to a more contemporary theme. Plasma TV's will be installed in every room as well as new furniture and case goods. Our goal is to re-image the entire hotel thus making it more satisfying of a stay.
Big Spring, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

First of all this place is next door to a Gentlemen's club!!! It's in a bad part of Dallas, very scary! One street over and your in china town?! This place NEEDS a makeover!!!! there is only one elevator and it was a MESS and took FOREVER!! The TVs were not flat screens which is not a big deal but the picture wasn't even clear!!!! The service was HORRIBLE! During check in there was a paper on the pool windows stating it was "closed for repairs" but there were people swimming, the attendant Mary Ann told us it was closed but we could swim now. Later that night we asked her what time it closed and she stated it was open 24 hours as long as we were quiet. We went swimming but when we asked for towels Walter told us we couldnt have any because THATS WHY WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SWIMMING, like its out fault because its under construction!?!?! Mary Ann told us we could? So we couldnt get towels, even though in our bathroom a sign tells you not to take your towels that some would be provided for you. OVERALL, it was horrible, the beds are not comfortable, it was messy in the hallways, the breakfast had waffles but they kept sticking to the machine because the breakfast attendants came out to spray it with the non stick spray every once in awhile, instead of leaving it out like the other places. THIS PLACE IS WAY OVERPRICED! the 3rd night we stayed at Baymont Inn and Suites same price, indoor pool and it TOPS this! Same price and it is a FULL UPGRADE, flat screens modern room. GO THERE! I left a great review! This place was a total disappointment :(

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Amber V
In response to your comments, I would like to inform you that this hotel is now under new management and will be undergoing an extensive renovation to its public areas and rooms. This entire face lift will re-image the hotel making it more appealing to customers. Our spacious guest rooms and suites will have plasma TV's as well as new case goods and brand new contemporary feel. The renovation should be complete by end of this year. Thank you for your comments as they help us ensure a better stay for our guests.