Omni Dallas Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hyatt Regency Dallas(Dallas)
7,565 results
All reviewstexas spiceconvention centerbathroom mirrorowners boxbob's steakhousesports bargreat hotelroom serviceself parkingrooftop poolenjoyed my staybusiness triptvconferenceamenitiesdowntownvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I travel each week with my job so I was expecting outstanding service when I checked into this Omni hotel in Dallas. Not only was I mislead by the shift supervisor like he was giving me a special room "this is a best room" and changed my original reservation request but the room was dirty and the previous guest melted ice water was left in the ice bucket. I was given the special room which consisted of a lumby Murphy's bed. I couldn't sleep on it due to the hard lumps and the floor was probably more comfortable. I tried to get the room changed but the house was sold out and at 2 am I got up to leave but could not get in the Hyatt Regency down the road which has exceptional service. I felt swindled and used by the staff and when I complained about the dirty ice bucket I got "we will send up another bag" The shift supervisor on nights was apologetic provided reimbursement. I answered the survey sent to me with a 2 page response and got nothing more than a canned response from the assistant front desk supervisor who remarked that she was sorry that the Omni didn't "seem to meet my expectations" Is it standard to be mislead and told the single queen bed was exactly the same as the double queen bed room? I asked this question since I only had 2 hours of sleep in the last 24hrs. I am not 10 years old and do not want to sleep on Murphy's beds if Sean had said it was a Murphy's bed I would have refused the change to my reservation. This room is actually part of the King suite combo and you cannot even reserve this room. Is it to much expectation to not have the previous guests dirty water left in your room? The lack of concern from the front desk staff on evening shift and the lack of response to my survey says how much this hotel values my business. I didn't expect the "canned letter" that was sent without lack of concern or investigation. Very Poor at Best. I will go back to the Hyatt and I recommend you do the same.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a Murphy's bed. Camping outside whould have been more comfortable and the price would not have been the same.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Bobsdaughter2014
Bri B, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

I genuinely apologize that you received anything but outstanding service. We appreciate business travelers, such as yourself, and we know how important your sleep is. I am so sorry to hear this situation was not handled better. We would like the opportunity to get you into one of our king beds, which I confidently stand by as being a top contender in comfort and luxury. Please do message me for more details. And thank you for sharing your experience; we truly appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

You will feel luxiously spoiled at the Omni - it is so convenient if you're in for business downtown or at the convention center, and the staff is superb. I start anticipating my stay and eating at Texas Spice a month before I'm even in town! Wish my home town had Texas Spice here... Delicious!!! I ate every meal there & never tired because of the variety and quality. Yum!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Construction surrounds this hotel and we were asked if we were ok with the 19th floor. I said, "I don't know, what is wrong with the 19th floor" Front desk said nothing, just checking. Well, that was strange. We get there and we are eye level with clanging and banging and cranes. We sure didn't expect that. After calling down we were told construction is from 7 to 7. I asked for another room and was told it was unlikely and I'd have to go downstairs. We just left. It seemed like such a hassle for them to change the room. No offer for refund, voucher, nothing.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

I am so sorry to hear such simple request went so horribly wrong. Please know this is not an indication of how Omni Dallas generally operates. Yes, we are in the middle of an expansion project, but it is never a hassle to work with our guests to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I do apologize for this unfortunate circumstance. I do hope we can encourage you to give us another shot. We truly value and appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel over fourth of July weekend and absolutely loved it. My fiancé paid for the romance package so we had champagne and a rose in the room when we arrived. We also had a $100 credit towards a restaurant of our choice within the hotel. The rooms were great, the service was excellent and the options of things to do within and surrounding the hotel was plentiful! We ate at the sports bar and it was great, with decent beer prices as well! We would've loved to try the steakhouse but it was closed for the fourth. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hotel is excellent. I was here for a convention and it was awesome. The food, room, staff the entire ambience. Even with the convention going on and the crowds the hotel never felt crowded or looked anything less that perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business