“Awesome staff!”

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #4 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Laura was excellent! We told her it was my daughters 16th birthday and she had the valet call her by name as he opened the car door. He also said "Happy Birthday". Laura met her at the curb with 3 long stem roses and welcomed her personally to the hotel. The rest of the hotel staff was great too! Bed were comfortable and the pool is awesome. The pool does need more seating areas though. Better get a chair reserved by 9 AM or prepare to sit on the concrete. Service is impeccable!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (7,125)

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I recently stayed there with some friends. It was a huge upgrade from where we were staying before near DFW. Location alone is excellent, not directly on the main strip, but close enough. It is a large property, very contemporary and fashionable. There is a lobby lounge, sports bar with a nice outdoor seating area and a sort of tex-mex restaurant. The good: The check-in process was quick and friendly, Hunter was a excellent. We were checking in early and a large convention was checkin-out (mass exodus seemed like) but the hotel staff were prompt in getting our rooms ready by lunchtime and to my surprise, i got a complimentary upgrade to a huge room (queen bed) but very nice. I also joined their rewards program and took advantage of the complimentary shoe-shine service offered. Unlike Cameron S, I was fortunate to find my shoes in my room later that evening without any hiccups. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom elegant and modern (mirror TV is a nice touch!). The pool area is very nice, although on this weekend there were 4 wedding (hopefully no funeral) and it was slammed. We have to find a little patch on the astro-turf to lay out, but the bar scene was great, the Mojitos were awesome and the people are friendly, good music and lively vibe. That evening we went to the Sports bar to enjoy a few pre-dinner cocktails, again, very nice atmosphere and good drinks.
The not-so-good: Although the room was ample and for the most part clean, there was a lot of dust by the head-board shelf area, the cable management for the telephone, ipod docking station and floor lamps is horrible and diminishes the look and feel of what would otherwise be a top class resort experience. Also, the restaurant by the lobby has a long wait time for seating, so I went to the bar, ordered a Muesli and fresh orange juice (I asked specifically if it was fresh squeezed). 1st, the juice was not fresh squeeze but Tropicana at best, 2nd, it took 25 minutes to get my Muesli to go! This is beyond unacceptable, considering the restaurant wasn't even full, and most of the patrons were eating at the self-service buffet.
Other than that, my overall experience was excellent. I would definitely stay here again, as a matter of fact, i just booked 3 friends that will be in town this week at the Omni Dallas. Cheers!

Room Tip: 637 is a queen bed, but huge room with couch, nice bathroom (Shower only, but spacious) and near the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Dallas Omni is a very comfortable, contemporary hotel. The staff was uniformly courteous and helpful. The sleeping room was large for a business hotel. I really liked the green efforts, including the use of your key just inside the door to provide power and turn it off when you removed it. The bathroom had a wonderful, walk-in shower. But there were some little things that were disappointing. Two of four lampshades were torn. The hangers in the closet had clips that were tired and a couple of them wouldn't hang a pair of pants. The tv in the bathroom mirror had a contrast problem and just didn't work very well. I'm sure all these things are the result of high traffic. And there's some kind of a project on the west side of the hotel involving dump trucks and other heavy equipment that starts about 6am. Regardless, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Away from any construction
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2014

GREAT place to stay!! The Convention Center "Sky Walk" was a big hit...very easy to walk from hotel to convention center INDOORS!! The rooms are VERY NICE with lots of "Extras". The restaurants were very good. The staff very helpful. This hotel has plenty of options most hotels only wish they could offer. I WILL be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Beware. This is a great hotel, excellent location with delicious restaurants. We stayed in a corner suite which was massive and had great views. Everything was close to perfect except they kept losing our stuff which is not good when you have a wedding to attend the the stuff happens to be your outfit. They also entered our room when we were sleeping despite the privacy sign on our door. Let me elaberate. All started at check-in. It's Thursday, the wedding is Saturday. The groom and other guys from out of town are staying at the hotel whilst the bride and the girls are at the house. I'm never one for giving my bags to the bell boy to bring up as too often (as I did here) I see bags left unattended for anyone to steal. The groom had lots of stuff, so he put it on a trolley upon which he also hung his suit. When the trolley made it to his room, it was minus the suit pants! Panic mode as these were specifically tailored for the wedding. Hotel denied their were pants hanging up. He called home to see if he'd forgotten them. He got hotel valet to check his car in case they were still in it. They searched and said no. He asked to look in his car himself, they would only bring up his car. As he was waiting, he told his story to an employee who said some pants were found on the lobby floor. Found, but a horrible experience for him with everything else going on. We took advantage of the free pressing service for our tuxedo shirts on the Friday. We didn't hear anything, despite being told it was a 3 hour service. On Saturday morning, whilst we were sleeping, and with the Privacy sign on the door, someone entered our room and threw our shirts on the lounge. We thought that was rude enough, but it gets even worse. Later that day, at the wedding, a fellow wedding guest and guest at our hotel recognised our shirts and said he'd come across them by chance hanging in his closest that morning. Had he not noticed them, not sure what we would've worn. When you're off to a wedding, it's totally unacceptable for a hotel to start losing outfits. This hotel is beautiful, but I can't trust the staff to look after my property. I wouldn't stay there again for this reason. Otherwise, it's lovely, although the valet parking system is a mess!! Glad we didn't have a car ourselves.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cameron S
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Price, location, and room exceeded my expectations. For downtown Dallas, this is a no brainer. I will be staying here again. Hotel had "life" in the lobby, but was extremely quiet in the room. No ambient noise from the busy streets below. Slept like a baby.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Spent 5 days at the Omni in downtown Dallas. Good/consistent experience, excellent service, good places to dine, very good experience overall. I was part of a 300+ people group and throughout the stay logistics and facilities were properly managed. Definitely a hotel I would go back to.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business