“Beautiful hotel, great for meetings too”
Review of Omni Dallas Hotel

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I really liked this hotel and I am hard to impress. The hotel is beautiful and I loved my room. I had a king bed room which had a large flat screen TV, comfortable bed, floor to ceiling windows and a nice chair and ottoman and desk area. The bathroom had a large wall to wall lighted mirror with a TV in the mirror (which was great for watching the news while I was getting ready in the morning), a separate lighted makeup mirror, and a large shower. People in our group that had rooms with two double beds had a tub/shower combo instead. The hotel was modern and pristine yet comfortable. It is near the conference center, walking distance to Dealey Plaza (grassy knoll area), downtown restaurants and convention center. It is a large hotel that caters to groups holding meetings. I saw mostly business people at the hotel for this reason. But there is no reason non-business travelers would not want to stay here. Some rooms have a city view, but some have a freeway view so if the view is important make a specific request. The hotel has made efforts to be "green" so you have to insert your room card in a slot by the door for the lights to work (ensuring that the lights go out shortly after you leave). The meeting facilities are nice and they make sure that all the food provided is labeled for people with restricted diets (e.g., gluten free). Service was excellent. I highly recommend, but can't comment on the pool, spa, or other amenities since I didn't use them.

Room Tip: If a view is important, ask for a city view on a high floor. If you need a tub you will need to req...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you had such a wonderful experience and that so many aspects of the stay left you with such a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at the Omni from May 4th to 6th for a trademark conference. The location is amazing; its only a short walk (maybe 3 or 4 minutes) from here to the Dallas historical district up N. Market Street, where there are nice restaurants, and sites including, of course, Dealey Plaza. This area around there kind of reminds me of Old Montreal in Canada. Anyways, the hotel is immaculate; very clean, rooms are spacious. Staff is very friendly, and efficient. I really liked the fact that you could basically use a keyboard they provided in the room to turn the huge TV there into a computer monitor. If I am in Dallas again, I will DEFINITELY stay at the Omni. If you are a business traveler, you cannot overlook the fact the convention center is connected to it. Huge Plus! Restaurants and the Owners Box Sports Bar on site too (also a must visit), and I can safely say this was maybe the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Kudos to the staff at the Omni!

1  Thank Shaun M
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear your experience was so wonderful and especially the fact that your encounters with our staff were friendly and impeccable. We appreciate you taking a moment to provide us with your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The rooms are beautiful, spotless, impeccably clean and beautifully decorated with great art. They are fully equipped with state of the art flat screen TV, WI-FI, iPod docking station, a mirror incorporated into the bathroom mirror for al those who must bathe with their TV on. .. service is super fast and the maid service is first rate--they go above and beyond what they are technically required to do. The beds and pillows are super comfortable. I was just at the Dallas Marriott in for a conference meeting and was absolutely blown away by the hotel's beauty, it's impressive size and the great customer service. I would definitely recommend for anyone staying in Dallas to try this hotel. You will love it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear your experience at the Omni Dallas Hotel was so spectacular and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Love it best hotel ever me and my wife stay here for our anniversity and just love it we got the suit we looked down town just beautiful, the staff is so nice and welcome best customer service best room, the bar awesome and theres restaurants at walking distance we will be staying here again. Well spend money

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and for choosing to spend your anniversary with us! We are delighted you found the Omni Dallas to be an exceptional hotel experience and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at a couple of Omni's before. This one did not disappoint. The hotel is beautiful...clean and comfortable with everything you'd need or want. Excellent staff from the minute you step out of the cab until you leave...which you won't want to do!! The location was perfect for me. The restaurants in house are great plus you have the convenience of being walking distance to several other great places. I'll definitely be back there if work takes me back or, even better, if I have a chance for a few days of vacation in Dallas.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We are very pleased you found our staff to be excellent and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you back to Dallas (whether for business or vacation).

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I feel it was poor service that the rooms that I requested in advance weren't what they were suppose to be. I had to wait an hour & a half to check in after the check in time since our rooms weren't available. Staff just said sorry they couldn't do anything about it

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

In Dallas for a conference, this brand new hotel (opened November 2011) was a very pleasant surprise. I always assumed Omni Hotels to be superior, but that was more based on game show advertisements I saw as a kid and never based on actual experiences. This hotel certainly supported that lifelong assumption. If you are attending a multi-day conference at the Dallas Convention Center, this is the hotel for you.

The arrival was as smooth as could be, multiple valets, porters, bellmen, and a quick check in process. Two elevator cores (floors 1-15 and 16-29 if I recall) with a number of elevators in each allowed for minimal wait times going to the room, and throughout the week.

The room was fantastic. Very comfortable beds with a lot of pillows, a large work surface, good size flat screen TV with a wide variety of cable, movie, and Pay Per View options (plus on screen TV guides), and a very well appointed bathroom (large shower, Kohler fixtures, and a TV in the bathroom mirror - love it!). Our conference provided Wi-Fi, I would have been a little bitter if I had to pay for it (I believe loyalty program members receive complimentary Wi-Fi). The Wi-Fi had decent bandwidth for multiple devices (laptops, iPad, iPhone).

The hotel has a number of dining options. The Owner's Box is the sports bar with a ton of TVs, including a ridiculously large (Texas sized) projection screen. Some booths had their own TVs. If your game/sporting event is televised, a simple request would get one of the TVs in your vicinity tuned into your game. The staff was quick, the bar food was good (the cottage fries with dipping sauce was ridiculously good), the beer selection was solid. Texas Spice is the more casual of the two restaurants. Breakfast offers some options, the full buffet was excellent (fruit, juices, yogurts, muffins, omelet bar, Texas shaped waffles, pancake bar, fresh hot meats, plus a lot of other Texas type options - everything well marked including gluten free and other similar options), at $17 not too bad considering what that gets you at other hotels. This is the only time I'd recommend Texas Spice. For lunch and dinner, the service was consistently slow (multiple experiences), food was just okay. Bob's Steak and Chop House was fantastic, exactly what you would expect of a steak joint in Texas. Excellent service, wonderful menu selections, food prepared perfectly, one of the best Kobe steaks I've ever had (not on the menu - it was a special). Everyone at our two tables (12 people total) couldn't stop raving. I highly recommend Bob's. There is also Morsel’s, a little coffee and snack shop for those needing their caffeine fix, or a quick snack. Due to the weather (early spring, cold and rainy for most of the week), the Uptown Terrace wasn't open except for Friday. I stopped by for a few beers that Friday, and wow: great views of the city, an infinity pool, full bar, grill area, and a lot of people lying out in the lounge chairs. It is not huge area, so lounge chairs are limited, but a wonderful little breaks after being inside all week. I'd imagine in the summer this place will be packed - get out there early.

Off site there are a few fast food joints within walking distance. There are an abundance of cabs and limos available, so if you want to venture out, there are a ton of options in downtown Dallas. We went to Perry's Steakhouse and Grille (2000 McKinney), a short ride from the hotel. Absolutely wonderful, over the top service, unbelievable food (steaks in Texas, you can’t go wrong).

A very good hotel, especially if attending an event at the convention center. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of the Omni Dallas Hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and your time in our city overall. We are glad you were able to sample so many of the dining options that we offer and found the rooms so clean and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you back to Dallas!