“Omni Dallas TX” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 199 Hotels in Dallas
Naperville, Illinois
“Omni Dallas TX”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great place, nice large rooms, good service
Had a highway/open field view - not bad, bu city view is better
Very convenient to Conference center, but also very nice hotel conference rooms
Few blocks to JFK - Sixth floor museum

• 4 of 5 stars
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and we look forward to you joining us at the Omni Dallas Hotel again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great place to stay if you are attending a conference. The hotel location was close to downtown Dallas. There were many restaurants within walking distance. The restaurants in the hotel were great too. The only reason I gave a four instead of five is because housekeeping can do a better job. My room was dusty and the maid service was just OK. Other than that the hotel staff was great. I would stay at that hotel again.

Room Tip: Views from the rooms are fantastic. Ask for a high floor.
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are very pleased to hear that overall you had a very enjoyable experience at the Omni Dallas. We are disappointed to hear of the dust found on a shelf in the room and have passed this feedback along to our housekeeping team for review. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wanted to surprise my wife for our anniversary, so I booked us a room at the great Omni in Dallas. The hotel looked very nice and the experience would have been great but...
The tub stopper was broken and maintenance had to come and repair it.
And after that problem was resolved, we waited an hour for housekeeping to clean the tub.
Upon checkout, the valet lost my car....yes I said they lost my car!
It took an hour for the to scour the parking garage and locate my car.
The only good thing about my visit to the Omni was the front desk staff and manager were very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
We are very pleased you chose to join us to celebrate your anniversary and that you found the front desk staff to be so friendly. We are disappointed to hear of the maintenance and housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay and have passed this feedback along to our Director of Housekeeping and Director of Engineering for review but please feel free to reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com if I can be of further assistance in this matter. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with this review and we hope to have the opportunity to celebrate more special occasions with you in the future.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed at this Omni the last weekend of January. There was a very large Verizon convention and several other conventions going on. Checkin and checkout both went quickly and smoothly. The room was spacious, well appointed, and kept clean. Nice bathroom with TV in the mirror that you could watch from the tub. Wifi worked well in room and within the grounds. Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice gym and pool area but kind of small for the size of the hotel. Gorgeous seating area in the lobby with fireplace. They set up a bar there at night. Great location. I would recommend and return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that overall your stay was an enjoyable one and we hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Omni for a convention. SInce there were 6000+ members attending the conference, I felt fortunate to get a room there. We had a room that faced the city and the statues of cattle in a nearby park (Lit up at night). Make sure you get a city view and not a highway view!
The service was great with a couple of hitches. Check in was a problem. The clerk didn't know what traveller's check are or if they accepted them. (They do.) I paid in cash (my employer's rules) and she insisted everything get paid up front. I have never had to do this before. Most hotels hold the room on a credit card and then I settle up with cash at the end. She said that my card would be charged every night during my stay, not just to hold the room. It was a good thing I asked. So, I didn't leave a card for charges (wasn't asked for one). This became problematic when after a room service order came and was "charged to the room", I couldn't make a phone call because there was no card to charge the room service to and they had blocked the phone . . .duh!!! Other front desk people were much more knowledgeable about their system and more helpful.

The room was clean and quiet. The beds were super comfortable! The artwork (decor) was odd but we survived it.

Room service was okay but make sure they bring you everything you order. We realized the OJ was missing after delivery but were in a hurry and didn't call. We mentioned it to the person who picked up the tray in the PM but he just shrugged his shoulders.

The restaurants at the Omni are okay but expensive. The problem with Dallas is that there really aren't that many choices of restaurants, or at least we couldn't find them, within walking distance to the hotel. We managed to find a great Steak place one night, and a Mexican restaurant another night both within walking distance.

Speaking of walking. The connection to the convention center, and the center itself is huge so for those of us with disabilities give yourself plenty of time. The convention center had scooters for $50 a day and there was an agreement with the company and the Omni about leaving them on checkout. I ended up not renting one but if you need to get around with help, this might be the way to go.

I would stay here again as everyone was nice. The front desk problem was important but it worked out.

• 4 of 5 stars
We are very pleased to hear that overall you had a very enjoyable experience at the Omni Dallas. We are disappointed to hear of the delays in getting you checked in and apologize for this negative first impression. We are glad other members of the front desk staff were able to quickly resolve the situation for you. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with this review and we hope to see you again soon!
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here in February. We live in the Dallas area, but my daughters were competing in a cheer competition at the Dallas Convention Center and they had to be there very early on Saturday and Sunday, so we decided to stay here in order to be near the Convention center and not have to get up quite so early to be there on time. It is attached to the Convention center, so it could not be more convenient, which is especially helpful if it happens to be very cold, rainy or very hot.

The staff was very helpful. We had waited until the last minute to book a room (which actually worked to our advantage because when I tried to book a room about a week early, rates were more than $100 more for the same accommodations). Since we waited last minute, I was unable to book a room with 2 queens for both Friday and Saturday night. I had to make one reservation for Friday in a room with 2 queens and another on Saturday for a room with only a king bed (we were going to ask for a roll away). When we arrived, I explained that they were booked on Saturday for rooms with 2 queens, so we would have to change rooms. The guy who checked us in (I don't remember his name, but he was so tall I could have sworn he played for the Dallas Mavericks) said he would take care of it and he found us a room with 2 queens that we could have for both nights without changing rooms. That was very nice. However, when we got to the room, it was right next to the elevator and right next to the ice machine. I didn’t protest because I figured that he had already done us a solid by finding us a room we could stay in for 2 nights with 2 beds when they were by all accounts through online and phone reservations completely booked on double rooms for Saturday night. I would not ever stay in a room so close to the ice machine (sounds like a jackhammer every time someone gets ice) or to the elevator ever again even if it meant changing rooms after one night. People getting off elevators tend to have extremely loud conversations and linger by the elevators after they get off no matter what time of day or night (especially 2-4 a.m.). I think the ice machine should be off limits (they should lock the door to it) from 11 pm-7 am. Why so many people need ice in the middle of the night is beyond me, but it is crazy loud every time the ice comes crashing down.

The view of the Dallas skyline was awesome from our room. We had room service one night for dinner. It was okay--nothing to write home about, but not terrible either. The rooms are very nicely appointed and new and clean. There was a TV in the mirror in the bathroom, which my daughters thought was SO cool. We didn’t have any time to take advantage of any amenities other than room service. I would definitely stay there again, especially if I was attending something at the Convention Center, but I would absolutely insist next time that I was no where near the elevator or ice machine.

Room Tip: The reason I gave "sleep quality" a poor--it might have even deserved a "terrible&quo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank mom2three70
We are very pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable experience at the Omni Dallas Hotel although we do regret the negative impact being so close to the ice machine and elevator had on your stay. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with this feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at the Omni Dallas during a recent conference. Whilst this would not be my first type of choice in hotel (my company chose) - huge, lacking in character, a little bland - it is of course a modern, clean hotel with good facilities.
My disappointment came in the service - little things from the start at checking in, to servicing of my room, to delays/mix-ups with room service - all added up to a disappointing experience for a hotel which describes itself as 5 star. To be frank, for the expense of the room, I expected absolute top notch service like I've experienced at other high end hotels.
Some of the staff were great - the guys on night duty who helped me with a photocopy drama at 6.30am, to the cheerful British bellhop, to the helpful concierge.
Overall though, I feel the hotel has a way to go on it's service. It's a huge hotel and busy when conferences are on, maybe they need to resource it better.

• 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Omni Dallas. We are disappointed to hear that the level of service fell below your expectations and have passed your comments along to our Management team for review. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback and we hope to see you again.