“Beautiful big new hotel -great value.”
Review of Omni Dallas Hotel

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for conference. New rooms with nice high tech features (floor lights, TV in Bathroom mirror) and great bath and shower. Nice club and pool. Texas Spice was delicious. Rooms were < $200. Friendly service. Lights on the outside of the bldg are a kinetic sculpture.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank am170
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thanks for taking a moment to provide some feedback of your recent stay at the Omni Dallas Hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Omni Dallas Hotel

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel was very nice, rooms were gorgeous with floor to ceiling windows, large tub, television in bathroom mirror, clean and modern. Down fall of staying here, The did not have many food options- a sports bar, upscale steak house, cafe and this odd Texas spice restaurant. The cafe was the only spot to run in and get a sandwhich (limited selection) or a starbucks coffee. The area was not great,however was great being connected to the convention center as Dallas is so large it would have been a hassle to commute. Ball room area is very nice, overall it was a great venue

1  Thank alodovico

Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you had such a great stay overall. We regret you found the food choices lacking as we certainly feel our seven different dining possibilities on site provide a myriad of options for our guests. We do hope this does not discourage you from choosing the Omni Dallas Hotel again for future stays.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been thinking for the past couple of days, of how this hotel could stay in business. We will start from the beginning. We arrive from the airport and check in, the staff at the front desk is friendly and efficient. We are given a room on the 17th floor, I asked for a quiet room. We get to the room, it is large, nicely furnished, clean and has a nice bathroom. We decide to go down stairs to have a glass of wine, since this is Superbowl Sunday, we decide not to go to the sports bar, we go to Texas Spice, which we think will be quieter. We are the only people sitting at the bar, the bartender comes over and we order a bottle of wine, he opens the bottle half way, puts the bottle and two glasses on the bar and walks away and continues to watch the game. My husband and I look at each other, thinking, this must be the way you get wine in Texas. My husband pulls the cork the rest of the way out of the bottle and pours us two glasses of wine. We sit, no on leaves the TV to see if we want food. We call the bartender over pay the bill and take our wine and glasses up to our room, figuring it might be easier to get food from room service. We order salad, grits and a chicken fried ribeye steak. The food arrives in about an hour, the salad is tasty, the grits okay, but neither one of us can cut the steak, I finally get a piece cut off and we cannot even chew the steak. We call room service and tell the the steak in inedible, to please come pick their food up. They did comp our whole meal, which they should have. Our quite room ended up being below a Super Bowl Party and finally at 10:30 PM I call down to the front desk to ask them to please quite the people down. The girl tells me, well she just got to work, I do not know what that has to do with my request, but I am placed on hold. I wait awhile, hang up and call again, she says, what do you want me to do, I said call security and send them up and quiet them down. I did not know that I was suppose to train their staff. Finally a half hour goes by and it is finally quiet, I do not know if the party broke up or if security broke it up, I only know I finally got some sleep. In the morning we order breakfast (I know what are you thinking) we order one order of griddle cakes and some coffee. We asked for extra cream. Breakfast arrives no extra cream. The griddle cakes stick to the roof of your mouth like peanut butter, my husband says if you put some banana's in your mouth you can almost get the griddle cakes off the roof of your mouth. The coffee was good. The staff does call up to see how we like our breakfast, my husband says everyone has a different take on griddle cakes. They comp us breakfast, which I thought was quite nice. My husband goes off to his business meeting. I stay in the room put do not disturb on the door and get a little more sleep. My husband calls at 5PM, and I say lets go down to the lobby, I hear they have a wine bar. We meet in the lobby, the lobby wine bar has many opened bottle of wine most of them three quarters empty and no wine preservation system, just the cork in the bottle. I see one bottle of Zinfandel that is only a quarter down and ask when it was opened, she says, I don't know. I ask for a taste, it is vinegar. The gentleman next to her says, we only keep the wine open for three days, if she doesn't know when the wine was open, how do you know it was only opened three days and at $15 a glass it should not be oxidized. We decide to go to their upscale restaurant Bob's Steak and Chop House. It is a very nice looking with wood paneling and a nice bar. We decide to sit at the bar and order a bottle of wine, thinking the Omni does not know how to store wine. We look at the wine list and are quite shocked, a wine we order quite often by the bottle at restaurants at $40 is $125 here. What are these people thinking? We finally decide to blow the budget and order an $80 bottle of Champagne. The bartender comes back and said that is an old wine list that they have not updated yet and they do not have that Champagne. We decide to leave, and go to the sports bar, we sit down at the bar and ask what kind of wine they have, we are told red, white and pink. I said what kind and by who, I am told red, white and pink and it is only $6 per glass, we leave. So it is back to Texas Spice and the surly bartender. We get there totally different personality from the bartender, he opens the bottle all the way and pours us two glasses, we order a flat bread that is quite good. We stop by the front desk to ask if they will have a cab ready for us in the morning about 5:30 AM. They say there are always cabs available. We sleep fairly well that night. Get down to the lobby the next morning, check out, ask about a cab and the front desk says they are out in front. We get outside, there are no cabs. I go back in the lobby, the person is on the phone and will not look up. Finally a gentleman gets dropped off and says do you need a cab, I work here, I will call one for your. Finally a cab shows up. Unfortunately, he gets lost trying to get to the airport, pulls off the freeway into a seedy section of Dallas, my husband is yelling at him to get back on the freeway and I start calling 911. He gets back on the freeway, I put the GPS on my phone and direct him to the airport. All and all the cab is not the Omni's fault but it is a company they use. This is the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel and I doubt I will ever stay in one of their hotels again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Vickinbobyo

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and provide us with feedback. We value your opinion and thank you for choosing to stay at the Omni Dallas Hotel. We regret that your recent stay at our property was fraught with so much disappointment and your comments have been passed along to our food & beverage management team. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything else that I may be of assistance with at ddelk@omnihotels.com and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had to come to Dallas on business...a charity auction event at the Omni followed the next day by a jewelry trunk show. Having never been to Texas let alone Dallas I was TOTALLY unprepared to be impressed but I soon found that all my preconceptions were 100% wrong. Not only is the hotel superb but the staff (and I mean EVERYBODY!) goes out of their way to be helpful. As an example, when my colleague and I decided to grab a quick lunch in Spice Restaurant because we wanted to dash out for some quick shopping before our plane, Deanna, the server, was beyond accomodating, making sure that she gave us THE best recommendation (the BBQ pizza!). When we couldn't finish and asked for to-go boxes for the plane, she actually had Ryan (the chef) make us a fresh pizza to divide for the plane. Suffice it to say, I AM returning to Dallas with my husband because I also discovered Wild Bill's (thanks to Deanna!) where I purchased not one but THREE pair of THE most awesome cowboy boots!
The Omni will be OUR hotel of choice...well-located, full of amenities and a big old Dallas welcome!

Room Tip: Upper floors since the view is spectacular!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your feedback! We are delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay at the Omni Dallas and in our city. We will ensure your kind words make it back to Deanna and Ryan and we definitely look forward welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a beautiful newer property connected to the Dallas Convention Center. The rooms were very nice and reasonably large. It was so nice to enjoy a newer hotel that has been well built and well maintained. Staff and service were excellent throughout. If you are going for a convention this hotel is by far the best and easiest option.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We are delighted to read that you were well taken care of during your time at the Omni Dallas. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to a future opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend. The hotel is nice and central to downtown Dallas. Stayed in a suite which was nicely furnished. The couch is HUGE cause they say everything is big in TX. The bed was very comfortable and the staff were friendly and attentive. My only negative is that there was dust on the shelf above the bed the whole time we were their. Housekeeping should have seen and cleaned it. If you are staying in downtown Dallas stay at the Omni it's a great Hotel and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013

We are very pleased to hear that overall you had a very enjoyable experience at the Omni Dallas. We are disappointed to hear of the dust found on a shelf in the room and have passed this feedback along to our Director of Housekeeping for review. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with this review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I travel to Dallas every year for business, and invariably stay at the Omni. It's comfortable, clean, roomy, and pleasant. The views are quite lovely, too -- the rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows. The desks seem a bit too narrow for my liking, but there are plenty of outlets, even on the nightstands.

I appreciate the fact that the refrigerator is actually empty and not stuffed full of overpriced service-bar drinks, as I could make good use of it for water and leftover snacks. The room service is also good, and every staff member I encountered was unfailingly helpful and polite.

The wifi is good, but, like as with many upscale hotels, not included with the room rate, a trend which I find increasingly annoying especially in light of the fact that most budget and mid-range hotels usually offer free Internet access.

In any case, I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We are glad you had a great stay at the Omni Dallas. We do offer free wifi when you sign up for our Select Guest Program which only takes a few minutes and is complimentary. This program also includes many other perks which would be a great benefit to a business traveler such as yourself so we do hope you consider it. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon!