“Awesome Stay at the Omni”
Review of Omni Dallas Hotel

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights starting on Thanksgiving Day.

From check in to check to check out, the entire stay at the Omni was flawless. I can honestly say that this visit ranks in my top 5 of hotel stays. We have stayed at many high end "resorts" such as Disney and "luxury" hotels like The Peabody, Westin, etc... and this experience ranks right up there with the best.

Every employee that we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. The check in process literally took less than 5 minutes. At check in, our daughters received a complimentary back pack that included a frisbee, some candy, and other trinkets. Certainly unexpected.

Our standard 2-Queen room was located on floor 20 with a great view of downtown Dallas. The room was extremely clean, well laid out, and plenty of space for our family of 5. In fact, we had a very difficult time even finding a hotel that would accommodate 5 without requiring 2 rooms. Space was definitely not an issue. In addition, the restroom was pretty large, with double vanities, separate tub and shower, as well as a television embedded in the mirror. A real plus was decent water pressure in the shower which meets my criteria for a great hotel stay. Our room was serviced quickly and efficiently and in fact housekeeping checked in with us every morning prior to cleaning our room to inquire if we needed anything such as extra towels or toiletries. That has NEVER happened at any previous hotel stay with any chain. The chocolate chip cookies and milk for the kids were an added surprise when we returned each afternoon.

Self parking is $18.00 per day, or $28 per day for valet parking. We chose valet parking and the attendants were professional, pleasant, and made car drop off and delivery a breeze.

We did not dine at any of the restaurants, but did visit Morsels for a quick breakfast and some coffee. They serve pastries, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, and they brew Starbucks coffee. They were reasonably priced also.

Overall, I have absolutely no complaints with the Omni. It was a truly wonderful stay and we will DEFINITELY stay here on our next visit to Dallas.

One tip: booking directly on the hotel's website saved us a lot of money, so I highly recommend that route. Priceline, Expedia, etc... returned much higher quotes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JHM0101
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

We are so happy to hear that your stay at the Omni Dallas was a "top 5" and such a flawless experience! Thank you for taking the time to submit this review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Omni Dallas Hotel

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Omni is my favorite luxury hotel chain. I always try to stay with Omni in any city I'm visiting. But I won't come back to this hotel. They won't miss me -- being attached to the Dallas Convention Center. But this hotel had so many lapses, I felt I was staying at a Marriott instead of a luxury brand like Omni. Inexperienced staff. Inept valet service. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger king on a high floor for a spectacular city view. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

We are very sorry that your stay at the Omni Dallas did not live up to your experiences at other Omni Hotels. As a loyal member to the Omni Family we do hope that you will decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed in a Premier room for our anniversary. Room was on the 19th floor, great view of downtown, very clean. Really comfortable bed and bedding. TV was huge but there seemed to be some issues with the cable, which kept cutting out. We had loud drunks on the floor at 2 a.m., called the front desk and it quieted down within 5 minutes. The steak restaurant attached to the hotel was incredible! Greatlocation, easy walking distance to all of the good stuff downtown. Great stay overall!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniHotelsManager, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your review. We're sorry you experienced the noise of a few unruly guests at 2am but we're glad to hear the staff was quick to respond. It is great to hear you had an incredible experience at Bob's Steak and Chophouse and a great stay overall. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Got amazing personalized service (omni black member) and got upgraded to a suite (#1202) which was huge. Hotel is new and finishings are very high quality. Top luxury experience all round. Will be my first choice for future trips to Dallas.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for the review...we always appreciate feedback from seasoned Omni travelers. We're very happy to be your new #1 choice in Dallas and look forward to rolling out the red carpet again on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed at the Omni Downtown Dallas over Thanksgiving holiday. I am a bit of a hotel snob, but this place FAR exceeded my expectations. The room was impeccable, the lobby is beyond elegant, and the pool and jacuzzi was the best hotel pool I have ever visited. The views from the pool and the room were excellent and despite the weather being a bit chilly at night, the pool was still a very comfortable temperature. The room was just gorgeous and I can honestly say the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. I actually got a good night's rest! Amazing! Everything was very, very clean and the rooms are beautifully decorated. I really can not say enough about this place.

I also had the pleasure of visiting the spa during my stay. It was also a wonderful experience (thanks Rosie)! It is a bit pricy, but worth every penny.

The only two aspects of my stay that could have been improved were breakfast (room service) and the friendliness of the front desk staff. Breakfast wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. Next time I will try out the buffet. And as far as the front desk staff, it was just the typical snobby attitude you get at many hotels. Nothing unusual, just irritatingly rude. The staff seemed put out when asked for assistance. Ehhh...

All in all, I really did not want to leave. I won't stay anywhere else when I am in the Dallas area. I'll be back as soon as I can!!!

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We're always pleased when we can exceed the expectations of those that hold hotels to a very high standard. We are sorry to hear that your interactions with the front desk staff did not equal the rest of your experience and will make sure the front desk team gets this feedback. We will also ensure Rosie and the rest of the spa staff are made aware of your kudos. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This a fantastic hotel, perfect staying for a number of nights as the ameneties are top notch. Also a comfy bed, great room. The concergie super helpful and friendly. Gym is terrific. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind review...we're glad you had such a primo stay and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Dallas!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Omni is your best bet for a hotel in Dallas! Beautiful hotel and amazing price! The bathrooms are great with a TV in the mirror! Beds are super comfortable. Make sure to get a room on a high floor to get the great city view!

My only issue was the $18 parking/night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We're sorry you found the parking rates steep but very glad that overall you consider the Omni Dallas to be 'amazing' and 'the best bet for a hotel in Dallas'.