“Modern, comfortable and friendly hotel”
Review of Omni Dallas Hotel

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #4 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Was at a 2-day conference at the 1-year old Omni in mid-November. The room was spacious and comfortable with a very modern but subdued decor, consistent with the rest of the hotel. Good food at the sports bar and throughout the meetings. Large fitness center and a newsstand/gift shop that also serves Starbucks coffee and food beyond the usual packaged stuff. Very helpful, friendly and courteous staff. I did not have occasion to leave the hotel during the conference so I don't know how convenient it is to the downtown. I had not been to Dallas in 15 years, but if business takes me there again I wil ldefinitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (7,264)

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our daughter was in camp so we did an in town runaway. Had not been to Downtown Dallas in years and had seen the light show at the Omni so chose this hotel.
fantastic room, got an upper floor looking at downtown Dallas, room was great, first class amenities , empty fridge (that I love), TV built in the bath room mirror, great large bed, priced under 200$ night.
One problem was they charge lots for parking, since you must park at the hotel they should build in garage parking into the room price, but that did not deter from the great room.
Sports bar was great and packed, Bobs Steak was to pricy so we went to Main Street and had dinner at Iron Cactu.
Business or pleasure this is a good pick.

Room Tip: We requested a city view room high floor. Fantastic iews.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very nice hotel and clean comfortable room! It is a very busy hotel and I don't believe they have enough staff to accommodate for the traffic. Had to wait at least 10-15 minutes just to check in and make sure to call ahead for your car or else prepare to wait a long time for valet. The valet area was always a mess- they need to triple the staff there to be efficient especially when you are paying that much for parking!! Also had a pretty long wait to get bell service when leaving and ran into another customer who had been waiting so our bellman doubled up all our stuff together in one trip down which was a bit odd but not a big deal- just again shows they are understaffed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Modern up to date rooms that were clean and perfectly comfortable. Excellent bed and pillows. Very quick check in at the front desk and with super friendly staff. Noise is a factor worth the managements review. At 3:00 AM the alarm clock in the adjoining room went off and since the room may have been empty it went on and on and on. Lack of wall insulation made every minute more painful. If it were not for this single negative experience the balance of my stay was terrific. The sports bar on this property is a must experience. Excellent staff and a solid offering of delicious food items. This is a big down town convention style hotel so their service formula is designed for the business traveler. If in down town Dallas for business its a must try. Also, if you get a chance fit in a Mavericks game at the American Airlines Center. What a wonderful experience. Superb!!! The hotel should do a promotion with the team. Could be a terrific family experience that would make this business hotel even more popular.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Sleek and modern yet warm, bustling environment. The staff was friendly in every area with a hello each time form the snack shop to the lobby bar, to the gift shop. The room was large with a nice bath/shower, good lighting with a TV embedded the bathroom mirror. Energy saving light fixtures, comfortable beds with multiple pillows on the beds. This place takes care of the little things like a sturdy ironing board, and spray starch with the iron. Water bottles that I didn't have to pay for, large wide screen TV, couch space, and many outlets.
Somewhat difficult to figure out the layout the of hotel the first day. Lively night life with a sports bar, casual bar , and lobby bar and restaurants. I was here for a meeting: the food was good for our large group. Close to most anything downtown.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Self parking customers are treated as second class, you enter the lobby from a back door and no bell man service is offered at the front desk. Check in was quick and painless. The hotel grounds are beautiful and the room was superb. The only problem is when building this hotel they must have skimped on insulating the rooms for noise because we could hear everything in the hallways, and even though we were on the 7th floor we could hear vehicle traffic on the road out front. Also house keeping woke us up at 9am trying to clean our room. For the price you pay to stay here it didn't meet our expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel because of a convention in the adjoining Dallas Convention Center. My wife and son came along and we extended the trip by two days. Let me first say that this is not a cheap hotel. You pay for, and get the service.

Day 1 - I requested early check-in when I booked the room. Not a problem, even when getting there at 10am. The only problem I had was that when getting out of our taxi, no one helped us with our bags, etc., and we had to carry them to our 11th floor room ourselves.

Day 2 - I went to my convention, my wife and son went exploring. Came back to a nice clean room. Ordered room service for dinner, and it was prompt and excellent. The Ranch Burger was awesome! And the prices were very reasonable for room service.

Day 3 - My wife went to the pool, and said it was amazing. It is on the 4th floor rooftop, so be warned, it can get windy at times. I went and picked up our rental car from Avis, which was only a 10 minute walk from the Omni. Self parking at the Omni was a breeze, just use your room key to go in/out. After exploring Dallas that day, we had room service again because it was a Friday night, late, and especially with our toddler son, we would have trying our luck with a restaurant. Food and pricing was great, and we even got warm cookies and milk as a surprise.

Day 4 - Check out. A bellman brought our bags to our car in the parking garage. Checked out via the TV.

Pros:
Comfy beds
Nice 42" flat screen TV
TV in the mirror in the bathroom!
Friendly staff
Awesome Room Service

Cons:
The one I mentioned above
No little shop to buy forgotten toiletries, snacks, magazines, etc.

Overall a great stay, and will come back if given the chance to!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business