“Very Nice!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Very Nice!!.comfortable beds roomy and very clean only dislike is u have to pay for parking..workers are very friendly and helpful pool was nice hust a all around good experience we will go back there any time were in dallas area..

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I really, really wanted to like this hotel. I am normally not one to complain and very easy to please, but as someone who worked in customer service for about 10 years, I was horrified at the the staff behaved and the way management handled things when problems came up. Let's start with the positive: the hotel is chic, clean and has a great sports bar.

The problems with staff began early, when my sister (who was sharing my room) discovered most of the lightbulbs were burnt out in our room. It took about 45 mins for "engineers" to come fix the problem. We went to the pool bar, where the bartender ignored us and refused to wait on us. We had just driven in and weren't dressed up yet, so he focused on the group of cougars next to us who were dressed to prowl. After about 15 mins of no service, we gave up and went to buy wine at the gift shop. There was a horribly rude, homely girl working at the gift shop. We were trying to decide whether to buy wine since the cheap openers were priced at $8 (ridiculous) and the girl rang it up anyway and just kept repeating "THAT WILL BE $_____" in an annoyed, condescending voice. We hadn't even decided if we wanted it or not, then the other girl who was nice opened the wine for us so we didn't have to pay the additional $8.

The biggest, worst problem of all occurred the next day when it was time to leave. The parking attendant told me I had to pay with credit card when I handed her cash for parking. Then the machine ate my card. No one seemed to think this was a big deal, but I had to get my friend to the airport in 2 hours. The first "manager" who came down was of no help. He just stared at me like I was stupid for being upset about my card being stuck. I had to ask him for an apology. 45 mins later, another manager came out and apologized and offered us snacks from the gift shop. She assured me that I would not be charged for parking and that my card would be retrieved shortly. About 30 mins after that, I got my debit card back and we raced to the airport. On the way out of town, I tried to get gas and guess what? My card's magnetic strip was ruined and wouldn't read. Thankfully I had enough cash to get home.

It gets worse.....when I got home, I checked my bank statement and saw parking charges and an additional $15+ charge. I waited a few days thinking it would clear. When it didn't, I called and a manager was supposed to call me back and didn't.....so I called back. Eventually I finally got a girl who had been trained in customer service who saw the notes on my account and told me I had "accidentally" been charged by the gift shop girl for the "complimentary" snacks when my card was stuck in the machine. She was not able to help me and two phone calls later, I finally spoke to a manager who removed the charges.

Maybe this was a freak accident that all this went wrong, but I did not appreciate the way the staff handled it like it was no big deal. I will avoid all Omni hotels after that horrible experience!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank CrystalAnn56
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were there for 3 days for a small group meeting. It was our first time to Dallas. Hotel is modern and well maintained. Rooms and beds were comfortable. Restaurants and lounges were nice, food was good and wait service was attentive. The downside was that there was a large convention in the hotel and the bars and restaurants were packed and waiting for a seat was a bit painful. But by far the biggest disadvantage was that there isn't much nearby to walk to so we were somewhat limited. Would need a car or have to take taxis for any other restaurants. Next time I would rent a car at the airport. The taxi one-way is between $50-60.

San Antonio, Tx
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Omni is a new hotel located on the edge of downtown Dallas and is very convenient to the Reunion Tower and the AA Center. It's LEED certified and very attractive. The room was very clean, comfortable and modern. Loved the bathroom and the TV!!! The layout of the conference floor is a little confusing and folks had trouble finding some of the break-out rooms. The hotel is a little removed from the rest of the world; so you have to take a taxi or walk a long way to get to restaurants, bars, etc. Other than that, a very pleasant stay. The views are stunning.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip and was impressed with the room and facilities.
The room was spacious with 2 queen beds, lots of pillows and a roomy bathroom with TV in the mirror!

The gym had a lot of equipment, open 24 hours a day with free headphones.

The restaurants served great food, the buffet style lunch eaten outside was perfect and staff attentive.

Only drawback was the very slow service at the conference lunches, however they were trying to serve 1100 people and its some distance to the malls (taxi ride away rather than walking distance).

Would recommend.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
1 Thank Wineelf68
East Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for first time, service was great. The atmosphere and location cannot be beat. Our room had view of downtown and the night skyline view was out of this world. Room was very comfortable. The outside pool area is really neat.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple