“Exceeded our expectations!”

Omni Dallas Hotel
Ranked #5 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed a night at this hotel for his 30th birthday and we were both very impressed. We showed up at 1:30 pm and checked in right away. The lady at the front desk was very courteous and professional. We spent the afternoon at the pool relaxing and enjoying the amazing view of downtown Dallas. Service at the poolside bar was exceptional and the drinks were good. The pool, hot tub, cabanas, and outdoor view alone are worth a night at this hotel! At night there are fire pits and festive music/lighting that make the pool a great place to hang out and enjoy the view of downtown!
Our room was comfortable and well decorated with an awesome view of downtown from the window. The bathroom and shower were very well done and the TV in the mirror was a great touch! The only thing negative I can say is that the complimentary beverage process is a bit confusing. I called the front desk in the morning to get our complimentary coffee and was asked if I had filled out the request and hung it on the door??? I searched the room and never found any such piece of paper! Was I supposed to let them know the night before? Not a huge deal at all, but would have been nice to know about the process ahead of time. Regardless, we still received our coffee in a very timely manner and it was delicious!
Breakfast at Texas Spice was outstanding also!
Overall, this hotel is wonderful and I wish we could have stayed longer. My husband has also stayed at the Omni Fort Worth and it does not even compare to this hotel! We will be returning!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of downtown! It is amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Omni Dallas Hotel

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here for the convenience of attending the Mecum Auto Auction at the Convention Center. Admittedly we don't normally stay in downtown hotels, just not our type of vacation. Upon entering I had to ask if that was the check-in area. There is no signage, no Omni, no welcome, no may I help you. We had requested, as had several people that checked in prior to us, that we all be on the same floor - we could not be accommodated. The room was nice but the lighting in the bathroom was poor (probably had something to do with the TV in the mirror - which I liked but would also like more light). Nice large showers but only ledge to place toiletries is on the very back ledge which includes a couple of steps to get there from being under the shower head. The bed and linens were wonderful; had restful sleep.

Turn down service was performed and we had joined the loyalty club but no morning beverage service (which I may have missed seeing how to do that but when there isn't any hotel info in the room how would you know?). When we got back a friend asked if we got our complimentary Hail Mary snack at turn down as she is related to the owner - I had to tell her no, we just got a turn down, tv turned on (waste of electricity), lights on. To turn the lights on when you arrive you need to put your card in a special slot, not sure what the purpose for that is, after that housekeeping keeps something in there so your lights come on when you come in the room and flip the switch. They do have complimentary in-room safes but they are right on top of the fridge. If you keep your medications in there, they get rather warm from the heat of the fridge which probably isn't the best thing.

The Sports bar grill was good but Bob's Steakhouse was superb. It isn't cheap but it was probably one of the best steaks ever - everything was excellent, calamari, shrimp appetizer, asparagus and mac & cheese - yes mac & cheese. Fried shrimp was also very tasty and a nice large size. Waitstaff handled our large table of 13 expertly and kept the glasses refilled.

Our stay overall was pleasant but we found the hotel to be sterile, lacking in warmth (at least in the lobby/check-in area) and overall a bit uninviting/cold. Guess we just don't like the modern decor. Staff that is out and about performing their jobs are friendly and always asked if they could help us with anything.

Would stay again if attending an event in the Convention Center, otherwise probably would not.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Mandy S, Executive Assistant at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us a detailed review of your recent stay with Omni Dallas Hotel. I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit.

As you stated in your review, you are correct that the complimentary snack and beverage that our Loyal Club members receive should have been available to you. It also saddens me to know that you felt our lobby and check-in area to lack the warmth and friendliness for which the Omni Brand is so well known. Omni Hotels strives for perfection, and please know that this issue is being addressed within the appropriate departments and will be discussed during our daily Issue Prevention meeting.

Najune, you business is greatly appreciated and I hope that you will stay with us again to give us another opportunity to at giving you the experience that you deserve. Please contact me at 214-979-4511 for any questions or concerns that you may want to discuss, or to let me know when you will be making the next reservation with the Omni Dallas Hotel.

Again, my apologies. We are looking forward to the opportunity of serving you in the near future.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights at the Omni in Dallas. The hotel is brand new and the rooms are large and stylish. The hotel is located near all the cities best restaurants however if you are feeling lazy, the hotel itself has an excellent steak house as well as a number of good bars. I'd be staying there again the next time I am in Dallas.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MXKBrisbane75
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Everything about this hotel earns 5 stars. The room I had on the 20th floor facing the city was clean, large,smart and very relaxing, the tv built into the bathroom mirror was outstanding (I only used it once, but a great touch)
Service was outstanding, every member of the hotel was attentive and helpfull, thank you all.
The bar and restaurants are a great place to be, once again ++++++++++
I was attending a 3 1/2 day car auction at the convention center next door thus I really did not want to travel away for food or entertainment outside of auction times, the hotel served me very well, hats of to the Omni group and the great staff

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank R_rodan
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a great hotel with amazing service. I would rate it 4.5-5 stars, on a scale that reserves 5 stars for hotels such as the Peninsula in Chicago, Ritz Carlton or JW Marriott in Orlando. It is clean, quiet and on the 23rd flr (top) I had great views of downtown. The service was very good also, everyone went out of their way to make sure I was happy with any request. The rooms are fairly spacious, and the Electric Mirror in the bathroom with a built in TV was a nice touch. The shower was spacious and tiled.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, the view from the floor to ceiling windows is excellent!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vista30
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great hotel. Great conference center. No door goes unopened for you. Superb spa amazing fourth floor outside pool. Great bars. The bartender Heath at the pool bar did a great job got my drinks fast was very educated on the drink menu. 5 out of 5 hands down

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank 764,883
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Hubby and I stayed here 4 nights for a car show, our first trip to Dallas, travelling from the DC-Baltimore area.

Pros - The Omni facility is exceptional -- contemporary, beautiful and comfortable rooms and beds. Special reading lights, wireless, generous outlets, nice bathrooms with a TV embedded in the mirror! Wow. Flat-screen TV, in-room movies. [Bath products plentiful, but those caps do NOT snap on well! A pain. ] Newspapers delivered daily. Pool and patio area with bar - lovely. Workout room, well equipped with TVs on the treadmills, water cooler. Do bring your own earphones! Texas Spice restaurant - delicious, fresh food for both breakfast and dinner. Morsels - convenient for morning coffee.

The Staff-- some exceptional folks I want to mention: Sherry, Justin, Michelle (evening cleaning supervisor), Cedric (or Hedric -- did not remember his name but it was unusual - young, African American gentleman at the front desk.) We had a King, handicap-accessible room on the 11th floor with a panoramic view of the city, thanks to Cedric. [The first front-desk staff person--female, young African American gal -- gave us an awful room at first, after I had requested a city view; we had to return to the front desk, and I was NOT speaking to her again, as she just did not 'get it.' ] Cedric searched for this lovely room, and even gave me a Dallas map. Fabulous. Many thanks to him, as he 'made' our stay!

Our last day, however, something quirky happened when our room was to be cleaned. The maid made up the bed, but totally missed the bathroom, trash and failed to clear away our breakfast dishes. At around 8pm, when we returned to our room, I called the front desk and Sherry, Justin and Michelle bent over backwards (!) to see to it that our room was cleaned thoroughly. For our trouble, the Omni comped us with 2 breakfast vouchers & dessert! Talk about going the extra mile! We were impressed. Omni will get more business from us, just from this gesture that these staff members made!

Con - The only real criticism I have, is that Gayle, the concierge, gave me 'attitude' when I asked if there was a tour of Dallas I could take. [Hubby did not want to go.] I was willing to join a bus tour, if there was one. She suggested a $175 customized tour, when it was just me and I wanted a 2 to 3-hour overview of Dallas. When I told her that is what I was looking for, she suggested I WALK to see all the city sites! Duh?! I had to get on my smart phone, find FUN Dallas Tours, and book it myself !! It was $50 for a 3-hour private SUV tour that I took the next day. Just what I wanted. I will say that the tour guide had a thick Russian accent, BUT Gayle should have, at least, mentioned this as an option that ** I ** could decide on. She did not. Instead, she gave me a lecture about the poor economic times in Texas [as a reason for no other tour options] ! Honestly, I did not travel to Dallas for such 'attitude,' and did not feel that the Omni would appreciate such unprofessional behavior from one of its staff members.

Apart from that, we had a truly enjoyable stay at this Omni. My husband usually doesn't like high-rise hotels, but we would both return to this one! Good job, Omni & staff !

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a city view. Otherwise, you will be looking at a tangle of highways!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple