7,858 results
All reviewstexas spiceconvention centerbathroom mirrorowners boxbob's steakhousesports bargreat hotelroom serviceself parkingrooftop poolbusiness triptvconferenceamenitiesdowntownvaletmeeting
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This brand new hotel is really quite nice. The rooms are huge with expansive views of downtown Dallas. The colorful room decor is probably the best I've seen at any hotel including any 5-start resort hotel. The restaurants are top-notch and the service impeccable. One of the best experiences I've had in a long time. The only thing I'd like to see is bottled water in the rooms. Otherwise, A++.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you for your comment on the bottled water, and we look forward to an A+++ rating on your next visit!

Reviewed December 8, 2011

I attended a mortgage conference this week in Dallas at the convention center located next to the new Omni Hotel on Lamar St. I stayed at the hotel in a room on the 17th floor. The hotel is one month old and is beautiful. From the clean, chic lines, the natural materials, beautiful art work, the colors used in decorating, the gift shop, use of natural light all speak of quality. Friendly and helpful staff, good food and drinks in the restaurants and bar areas and they were fun and hip. Location just on the fringes of downtown so convenient but no feeling of being in a crowded downtown street. What a convenience to have the convention hall attached. Great gym with state of the art equipment, and it was spacious.

Room Tip: I always prefer rooms on the higher level floors for the views and less noise. I understand that the rooms on the 5th floor have to deal with the ever-changing lights of the exterior hotel which reflected from the roof on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2011

OMNI DALLAS -- A truly captivating hotel. I loved the ambiance of this hotel. Only disappointment was the romance package execution. I had to call a few times to remind the concierge/front desk. Anyways, the new hotel and the staff is still learning (trial & error). I'm glad the staff did hear me out though. For future reference... just make sure you call concierge or front desk to double check that it gets done for any special requests. Since there were a handful of issues this stay, I knocked off a star. Other than that, it's a pretty close to a 5 star.

THE HOTEL: clean, new, LOVED the brand new scent

DELUXE ROOM: select guests get a customized room. I LOVED THE HOTEL ROOM. Comfy beds, soooo clean and new! The artwork was pretty awesome. Bathrooms were spacious and the tv in the mirror was just genius!

RESTAURANTS
- Owner's Box: probably one of the coolest sports bars I've been to. plenty of projecter screens and tvs. 2 pool tables in the far back. A reallly good happy hour is available EVERYDAY! 3-7pm. $2.50 bud lights and $4 house margaritas and buy one appetizer get one free! Nachos and potato skins are pretty tasty!
- Texas Spice: what a vast array of breakfast items for you to choose from! I loved the wall of pastries/bread/croissants/jams. The whole decor and set up was very rustic.

SERVICE
- Since this is a new hotel, there were some minor requests that did not happen so I had to call the front desk/concierge. They were understaffed and I"m sure they were still learning. Hopefully this wont happen my next stay.

SELF PARKING
$18

Room Tip: Do sign up for the Omni Select guests program. It's complimentary!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed here for a huge event last weekend. The rooms were so clean and the bathrooms were remarkable. I was amazed by the television in the mirror. This new hotel is a great addition to the surrounding area. I tried to book a room for new years eve, but they are already full!! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2011

We can't wait for you to return either. Make sure you come and visit soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Being from Dallas, I don't stay in area hotels all that often, but with all the hub bub surrounding the new Omni and their opening rate specials, we figured we would try it out for a night.

The hotel is nice, new and shiney, I liked the feel of the main lobby area. We also took the escalators up to walk around the open common areas by some of the hotel conference rooms. It was also very nice. It would be a great place to have a conference.

The rooms were new and nice as well. pretty high tech when it came to a tv in the bathroom mirror and the room welcoming you when you first arrive. We got a room with a view of the city, and knowing Dallas, I would recommend that over a view facing the other direction if you have a choice. The hotel is next to the convention center and set off a few blocks from the bulk of downtown which actually allows for some pretty cool views of the Dallas skyline and none of the rooms should really have blocked views, although higher is still better.

There were three main restaurants that we saw in the hotel. One is Texas Spice which is supposedly local ingredients that come from within 200 miles. Not entirely sure what the menu genre is though. Also there is a sports bar called the Owner's Box which was really neat and had a great feel. Tons of giant TVs. We went in and had a drink before dinner. The drinks were very reasonably priced for a brand new hotel sports bar. The other restaurant is the Bob's steakhouse in the hotel which is where we had dinner. Bob's is one of the oldest and most famous steakhouses in Dallas and now they have a couple locations besides their original on Lemmon Avenue. It is a nice and expensive restaurant. The food was really good and truthfully better than I remember it being at other Bob's locations. The feel of the restaurant was nice. The oddity was the restrooms. To go to the restroom as a restaurant patron, you have to leave the restaurant and walk half way across the main lobby to the common hotel lobby restrooms. For a ground up new construction, someone should be fired for making this happen. In some places that are historic or older, it is kind of quirky and fun that the restrooms are tucked away in an odd places becuase of a strange remodel, but for a very nice resturant in a brand new hotel to have to walk what seems like the distance of a football filed to go to the restroom is ridiculous.

The location of the hotel is on the least developed side of downtown Dallas, which the powers that be hope will help spur development in that direction. It is walkable to the main parts of downtown (Main Street, the West End, Dealy Plaza,Victory, etc), but depending on where you are going, the weather, etc, it is also a very short cab ride and you won't be missing anything along the way. I would probably say walk if you are going to Dealy Plaza or the Nieman's on Main Street, but take a cab if you are going to the American Airlines Center or the Arts District.

I think this hotel will serve the convention business very well. It would also be a good option if you want a nice hotel in or near downtown. If you are going very high end on a hotel, I would recommend, the Mansion, the Crescent or the Ritz, but it you are going one half star less, or are coming to Dallas for business, than the Omni would be a pretty good option.

Room Tip: The view are better facing the city than facing to the south.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple