“Best Bagel I've Ever Had”

Cindi's NY Deli Bakery - Forest Lane
Ranked #340 of 3,691 Restaurants in Dallas
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was in Dallas on business and stopped here for breakfast because my conference had a delayed start due to icy road conditions; it was recommended by front desk staff at my hotel. On this Friday morning it wasn't very busy, but weather was bad and with schools closed due to the ice many Metroplex residents were staying home. Lucky for me. We had no trouble parking, we were seated immediately, and service was attentive. My breakfast was delicious (Early Bird special--eggs, link sausage, grits, and the best toasted bagel I've had in my life), and my dining companion ordered the corned beef hash (which he said was very good). We both got the "Everything" seeded bagel, and I would've ordered a dozen of those to bring home if I hadn't been traveling. I highly recommend Cindi's for breakfast. Our server was Karan, and she was great.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have driven by Cindi's for years and finally stopped in with a client for lunch. Very difficult to find a parking spot, the strip shopping center is very busy on top of the normal lunch rush. We didn't wait to long, staff was friendly and she made numerous suggestions. My favorite deli experience is Kenny and Ziggy's in Houston, so that is what I have to compare to. I settled on the club sandwich since that is my favorite at K&Z. Well, the name is the only comparison, sorry Cindi, but I was disappointed. It is not that the sandwich was bad, but it was an average sandwich I would make at home. Maybe I was expecting to much, but sorry.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

All we have tried is breakfast done right!! One of the few places in the area that serves breakfast all day.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This little place is in our neighborhood and our favorite meal to eat here is breakfast. The prices are reasonable and the food is prepared and served promptly. My brother really likes the corned beef sandwich with the hot mustard. Sometimes there is a bit of a wait on weekends, but we don't mind.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I chose Cindi's because we are new to DFW and wanted to find a good Jewish-style deli. I cannot comment on the quality of any traditional Jewish-style deli sandwiches or soups, as we had breakfast. The service was very good and our food arrived promptly. My wife had bacon, eggs, and pancakes, and I had the potato pancakes (one of my favorite breakfasts.) The bacon and eggs were average to very good. Regrettably, the potato pancakes were poor - they were deep fried, not pan fried, and were very dry and doughy inside. The regular pancakes were just average.

We are going to give Cindi's another try for lunch or dinner and try their deli sandwiches and soups. Perhaps our average experience was just a sampling error.

Been to Cindi's NY Deli Bakery - Forest Lane? Share your experiences!