“Good experience”

Hilton Dallas Park Cities
Ranked #40 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My experience at this hotel was really good. Starbucks inside hotel. Very comfortable beds. Room was clean except for the coffee maker. Fitness center had great equipment. Pool was nice and heated (outside).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is a hidden gem....it's in a suburban neighborhood close to Southern Methodist University in northeast Dallas. Friends came to visit while I was there and our service was outstanding. The downstairs has an inviting bar and restaurant and computers for guest use. The staff was extremely accommodating (just the opposite of the previous reviewer's experience).
Rooms are quite large and housekeeping does an excellent job answering needs. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view, especially if you are staying on weekend.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Let me start with saying that I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last couple of years. However, I will not return to this property in light of my last experience. When I presented myself for check in around 11:00am on November 15, I was told to return back to the hotel at 12:30. I returned at 2:30pm and the room was still not ready. I was told it would be ready in 30 minutes. I left the hotel and returned at 4:30pm and the room was still not ready. Let me also say that I am a Hilton Honor Diamond member. The clerk then decided to give me another room. I took my luggage up to the room and when I arrived, the walls were literally shaking from the noise from the adjacent room. I called downstairs and was put on hold. After holding for 10 minutes, I went back downstairs and saw Henry Arevalo, the director of front office operations. I have never been treated as rudely by an employee of a hotel. He started by telling me I was making it up in that there was no noise upstairs because it was on the executive level. I told him to go up and check it out for himself if he thought I had made it up. After a considerable amount of time listening to his rude comments, he finally went up stairs. He came back and told me that I was correct in that the guest was playing a boom box. I told him I was not staying in this room because this would be a continuing issue. He told me this was all they had. I know this was incorrect because I contacted the hilton honors help desk. I subsequently left the property and will never return. Prior to leaving I asked for a cancellation number and he would not provide one to me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank John H
henry a, Front Office Manager at Hilton Dallas Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I understand your disappointment with your check in experience. After not having your specific room request available for an early arrival we did our best to provide you with an upgraded room available. When you spoke to me at the desk your first comment to me was that there was a live Band in the room next to you. I assured you we did not have a live Band in this room. You requested I go see for myself in which I did, then asked those guests to please lower the music stemming from their own player which they did. When I returned, you were insistent on room changing. However, did not want any of the options I had available at the moment and instead asked to be checked out. I informed you that since your reservation was checked in, No cancellation number is generated, and instead could provide you a receipt with no charges.

Again, i apologize for any inconvenience and truly did my best to meet your needs. We value all of our Diamond members and their feedback.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Park Cities Hilton is a wonderful place to stay if you are visiting north Dallas. It is small and somewhat European in feel from the exterior. The rooms are large, and the beds are very comfortable. Room service is pricey, but other than that, I love this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from 16th -25th October. We had an executive room on 9th floor with amazing views of downtown Dallas. The hotel was the perfect location and all the staff friendly from the valet through to the cleaning staff. Great bar for late night drinks and would highly recommend if wanting a central location in Park Cities.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I continue to be amazed that the Hilton brand doesn't offer free room wifi. If you have to stay here (which I wouldn't recommend) park at the public parking structure on Luther between Douglas and Preston on the top floor rather than pay the usuarios valet parking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
henry a, Front Office Manager at Hilton Dallas Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with feedback from your stay. We apologize if we did not meet your expectations. Complimentary internet is available in all of our public space as well as for our Gold and Diamond members. Additionally Hiltons are AT&T hotspots. Our all Valet system provides our guests with a superior level of service and peace of mind that the vehicle is protected in our secure garage. The public parking structure 2 blocks away in between Douglas and Preston is not affiliated with the Hotel and parking is only meant for the surrounding businesses not overnight parking. Thank you again and we hope to have you as our guest again the next time your travels bring you to Dallas.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was a great place. The Valet was great as never had to worry with the car but you pay for it. Very nice and clean hotel. The decor makes you feel your in Texas. The location was great as close to the malls, SMU, and the George W Bush Museum. The hotel has a great bar with lots of TVs to watch the games. The staff was very friendly from start to finish as would stay here again next time in Dallas. We were in Dallas to visit family and go to the Cowboys game. Had a great trip overall. The staff and valet always had a great food recommendations and driving directions.

Room Tip: Get a high floor for better view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family