“Excellent Staff, Nice Hotel”

Hilton Dallas Park Cities
Ranked #41 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I typically stay at five star hotels however I needed to stay here for business. The service was excellent from the front desk (Ramona was great) to the restaurant and the housekeeping. The hotel is clean, recently remodeled, and the rooms are a good size. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Dallas Park Cities

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Just can't say enough about this place. It almost has the feel of a bed and breakfast located a block from town, all in Dallas. From the time of arrival to check-out, everything was as good as can be expected. I had asked for an upgrade because it was a special day for my wife and the GM took care of that for me, even though I am a HH member. Very much appreciated. Room was large with very high ceilings and just overall perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway or for business. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Rooms were remodeled, clean and nice. I just personally do not like the ultra-modern look. Very good black out shade made for excellent sleep. Bell service was very good. Location is great is great during the holiday season. Close to North Park for shopping, and University Park for Christmas light viewing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stay here often when in Dallas for family occasions. Recently renovated with beautiful results. Great staff in every department. Must have a new chef and menu. The food in the dining room and bar was really good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I'm HIlton Diamond and got a room with a broken TV, busted bathroom tile, and a view of a parking garage. When I enquired as to why I didn't get an upgraded room (or at least a room in good working condition), the front desk associate's smug response was "You should have checked in earlier". Adding insult to injury, Park Cities forces you to use valet ($23 per night IN A SUBURBAN LOCATION with a giant parking garage attached to the hotel!) and it took 15 minutes to get the car in the morning. Checked out four days early and moved to the Hyatt Place Uptown. Less expensive, nicer rooms, cheaper parking.

Room Tip: Don't stay on floors 5 or below. Your view will be of a parking garage 10 feet away from your w...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
MAHDallas, General Manager at Hilton Dallas Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2014

Thank you for your review on you stay in 2012, I appreciate your honest feedback about your experience while parking and staying at our hotel. As you may know, the property went through an ownership change and a $6M renovation, in 2012/13. I was proud to be selected as the new GM, in May of 2014, and many things have improved since your last stay. We apologize for the poor level of service you received and, if you have not returned, please reach out to me to see if we can arrange a return visit. Your review provides a constant reminder of how important customer service is and we want to make it right. Thanks for your consideration.

My email is michael.hammer@hilton.com

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights. This is a great little boutique hotel in a nice area of Dallas. Within walking distance to several restaurants and a short cab ride to a ton of great shopping. Only negative, no self parking and valet is pretty pricey at $24 day. Overall, very pleased and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank cwilker792
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I just finished a 2 night stay here at the Hilton Dallas Park Cities hotel. I lived in Dallas many years ago for many years and know Dallas quite well but I honestly never knew there was a hotel back on this street.

Most people will probably never be on this street but it was a nice gem. I'm puzzled by some of the negative reviews as my experience was great. I travel over 100+ days each year and have stayed in many hotels and this was really fabulous.

I am a Diamond member so they upgraded me to the Executive floor (10th floor). I'm not sure about the other rooms but my room was really great. It was spacious and very clean and had high ceilings which was surprising. It felt more like a boutique hotel vs. a plain Hilton room.

I had a King bed that was very comfortable. The room had a work desk and a sitting chair to read as well. There was a spacious El Safe programmable safe. And they had a spacious refrigerator to put things in. And being on the Executive floor they had free bottled water and ofter soft drinks in the executive floor lobby (cokes, diet coke, sprite, etc).

I was in room # 1011 and the room was very quiet even though it was not too far from the executive lounge. I always prefer to be near the elevator and this room is one of the first near the elevators. It's important to note you need your room key to go up to the 10th floor.

The executive lounge had some drinks and food at the end of the day and in the morning they had a mini breakfast with eggs, toasts (various bread and bagels), cereal, fruits and steel cut oatmeal.

Something nice is they also have a mini mart type area near the front desk where you can buy snacks, drinks, etc. It made it really convenient as it was always open. (You just pay the cashier at the front desk or you can charge it to your room).

The only slightly annoying thing is they had valet only parking and it was $25 a day. Many hotels in Dallas have this so that wasn't the annoying part. The annoying part is sometimes it would get backed up. In fact when I checked in I had to wait a while as they had some event and the cars were backed up in the street.

One day (saturday) they had a wedding reception event going on and the bar/restaurant/lobby area was totally packed with people. The lady at the front desk told me they have a wedding there at least once a week.

I didn't mind the wedding reception event there as it was quiet in my room. The only thing to take note is during these events, the valet area gets backed up.

I booked this as my friend lives in the Park Cities and I wanted to be close to him. It was a nice discovery and I'd definitely recommend this hotel based on my experience there.

The area is very convenient as you have easy access to Northwest Highway which will take you over to I-75. Also, the Dallas North Tollway is right there as well so you have easy access to I-635 (heading North) and I-35 (heading South).

Northpark Mall (which was a Zoo!) is just a 5 minute drive and there are many restaurants and bars within walking distance. Also, many ATM/banks within 2 blocks as well.

Room Tip: If you can get upgraded to the Executive Floor it's well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo