“Great location, dirty room”

Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway
Ranked #152 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Homestead on the Dallas North Tollway suits my work needs so I frequent it often. I am always amazed the chain allows this kind of filth representing thier name.
At one point I was told the carpet was new....I took a white washrag to the floor, it was dark grey from the nasty carpet.
I found one of the front desk girls to be very rude and unwelcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The cleanliness and staff attitude you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will be reviewing with my staff, using your feedback for opportunities of improvement. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tol@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Worse experience of my life. There is no upkeep on these rooms, they are dirty and smell horrible. Being the cheapest place in town, you can imagine the kind of people that are your neighbors. They are very loud through the night and it generally feels like an unsafe place.
STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank MErickson11
DFWCC, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The cleanliness issues and noise you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing your comments with the entire team. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. I invite you to contact me at TOL@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed at this location off and on for several years due to business in the Dallas area. The location is easy to get to and has fast access to the Dallas Tollway as well as local restaurants and attractions. On my last visit it went from a 10 day stay to almost 9 months. If it were not for the staff and the home style feeling that I have when I am there that time could have been a lot worse. The room was very reasonable, up keep and maintenance were handled very professionally, quickly and done taking my schedule in to account. With this trip this really is my home away from home and staying here is like staying with friends.

Room Tip: Rooms to the west end of the complex are a little quieter but not by much. Not a bad room to be had...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
TOL9707, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your glowing review of our Tollway hotel. My staff and I work hard every day to make this place "home to all of our guests". The longer a guest stays with us, the more they become part of our family! While we may not have all the bells and whistle of some others, we do have a fantastic location here in the Addison area and we have so many restaurants and events for you to choose from. Thanks again for your kind comments and for increasing your stay from 10 days to 9 months. You really became a long term "family member" here at Tollway.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Extended stay hotels have often been a necessity in my line of work as an IT professional. Some are better than others and some I would never stay at again. My treatment at Homestead Suites at North Dallas Parkway in Dallas, Texas has been exceptional. I can say without reservation my needs have always been met and any concerns I might have are always addressed to my satisfaction. The staff are pleasant and absolute professionals. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well kept. Like any extended stay, it is my home away from home for months at a time. I have been very happy and fortunate to have been a guest here.

Room Tip: I always check out my accomodation
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Dallas - North Addison - Tollway. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Convenient location. Clean rooms with easy access. Great staff and management. Plenty of restaurants nearby and a post office a block away. Rooms have cooking utensils, silverware, plates, cups, coffee maker, fridge, and a two burner stove top. I've stayed here numerous times on business trips and have no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoy our clean rooms and great staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Staff was friendly, helpful, and honest.

Weekly rate was about $38 per night.

Room was clean and quiet. Didn't hear any other people, aside from those passing along the walkway outside. Very little noise relative to many hotels. Room was well-stocked with dishes, flatware, pot, pan, etc.

Neighborhood seemed as safe as I would hope for in Dallas. Convenient location with restaurants and grocery stores nearby (a short drive).

Extended Stays use DISH Network, so not much in the way of television selection. Had Showtime.

I have spent more nights in hotels this year than most do in a lifetime. If my experience at this Homestead Studio Suites is the norm (and I'm inclined to believe it is), it's a good hotel. I would definitely stay there again or recommend it to someone I care about.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights when we went to see our daughter who was hospitalized. The location was good, close to a Walmart and lots of restaurants. The room was very large with 2 queen beds, a table with 2chairs, a small sofa and a recliner. It had a 2 burner stove, a full size refrigerator and kitchen cabinets stocked with basic dishes, cutlery, and cooking pans. There was also a coffee maker and a microwave. The bathroom wad also spacious and well stocked with towels. The breakfast was very skimpy --- only offered bagels, muffins, oatmeal, and coffee. There wasn't even any juice. Also, they only make beds if you stay a week or more. We also had problems with our room key cards. Out of the first 2cards, only one worked and later that day, it did not work nor did the replacement for the other card. We will probably stay there again mainly because the price was so reasonable and the location very convenient to our daughter's apartment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank grandmato2
DFWCC, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room Wi-Fi, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Knights Inn Market Center
Comfort Inn North Dallas Near The Galleria
Motel 6 Dallas - South
Motel 6 Dallas - South
#136 of 212 in Dallas

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway? Share your experiences!