“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!”

Love Field Hotel & Suites
Ranked #160 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We only stayed at this hotel because of an event being held at there. Elevator broken (12 stories). Toilets backed up on our floor in several rooms. Staff was extremely rude and unaccommodating. Zero hospitality. Sleep Number beds horrible. No water pressure. One ice machine for entire hotel on second floor; all others broken. Restaurant was closed with sign to eat in bar but no wait staff. Bedding torn; zipper on duvet broken and rusted. Requested towels and were brought floor mats. Finally got three towels and five wash cloths. Staff just rude. Clock in room broken. Food on breakfast buffet was not fit to eat. Watery eggs, watery gravy, hard biscuits, crusty hard Danish. Did I mention the staff was rude and unaccommodating with an attitude -"BAD"? We will NOT recommend staying here. To end positive; as we were checking out and having attitude once again from desk the Director of Operations stepped in and apologized and exclaimed we should not have had to endure what we did and he (Chris) would be meeting and working with Corporate officials next week to discuss improvements.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dan B
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Dan B, We received your comments in regards to your stay and wanted to thank you for the feedback. It really upsets us when we fail to meet or exceed our guest's expectations. Please know that we are in the design phase for our new look and improvements to the property have already started.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. Could use a little fixing up, but over all clean with big rooms and friendly staff. With that said, I don't sleep well here. I don't have a sleep number bed at home, so how am I supposed to know my number on this glorified air mattress? I tried 5 different numbers last night. Slept a total of 3 hours and my back is killing me. Same thing happened last time. And I'm here for another night. Maybe I'll try the fold out couch.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our bid on a site won us this hotel and when I read the reviews on TA I became quite concerned! However this hotel is fine. It is an older hotel but our room was clean and spacious with a good fridge freezer and microwave. We had to move rooms after our first night as the tv next door was on til 4am but this was all handled with ease. Cynthia on the front desk was great and sorted it all. We stayed on the 12th floor. We used the gym every day and it is a great fitness centre, very modern. We used the shuttle one to go to inwood station to go into town and the driver was very heldful. I think this hotel is a perfectly fine place to stay if you are not looking for a luxurious newer property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel rooms and fitness center. Cynthia is over the moon about your comments!. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here for a conference for a week. They have a free hotel shuttle which proves to be very useful.The room was ready when I arrived. The reception staff are friendly but the shuttle staff are a little oddly behaved. The breakfast is decent and the bar is decent as well. Joe the Barman is extremely friendly and the food served in the bar is also decent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for a dance conference. Having the shuttle is a HUGE draw for us - so we don't have to rent a car. We were travelling as a group and had 3 rooms - only one was ready when we arrived, and I was told they would call me when the other rooms would be ready to check in. Check in time is officially 3pm - when I went to the desk at 3:30 - our rooms were still not ready, but the kind desk clerk scrambled to put us into our suite. Our other rooms were the tiny standard rooms.

Our Suite however was HUGE! However, the on the way to our suite, we encountered very dirty carpet, marks on the walls and smoke and mildew odors. Once we were in the suite, everything was made up just fine, but they'd forgotten to empty the kitchen trash.

Sleep number beds and flat screens made this room cozy, and we spent more time in the room than anticipated. Refrigerator was big and worked great, was nice to be able to fix small meals in the room, store leftovers etc. We found plenty of extra pillows, and blankets in the drawers, as well.

We did have some drainage problems and had to call maintenance repeatedly, we also had problems getting towels the whole time we were there. The staff did come to our aid and were pleasant, I assume since the hotel is older, that the drainage issue is a common one. And with many people staying at the hotel towels were a hot commodity.

The bar/restaurant was extremely slow and overwhelmed with the number of guests that decided to try and eat there. Food was okay, but took a long time for just sandwiches and salads. We ate elsewhere the rest of the trip.

Overall, it was a nice place to stay - staff was very friendly, I think they hotel could just use a good scrub down/replacing of carpets and it would be much better. Our room was fine, but the hallways could use updating. Great Value for a suite! We'll stay here again if the conference is held here next year.

Room Tip: Go for a suite - they are newer than the rooms in the tower.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the friendliness of the staff and your hotel suite. We are in the design phase of the hotel renovation and your areas of concerns will be addressed during this process. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Southwest airlines booked me a room here because my flight was cancelled. Very strange group of customers, some looked like hourly visitors. I ended up booking another hotel and having them pick me up here. The room was nasty, bed was gross (weird mattress and foam) and the front desk staff was rude. I lasted long enough to get my pizza ordered before it was too late and left. Do not suggest.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jessica A
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact me directly at 214-640-9200.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed on 9/7/13 and 9/8/13. The room was very nice and clean. The staff very friendly and took care of all our needs. Special thanks to Christopher Morgan, Director of Operations. I had read some of the negative reviews so was a little concerned. The room assigned to us (my wife & I) was exceptional. Very clean and plenty of room. I went to other floors to look around to see why there were negative reviews. Saw no noticeable problems. It is an older hotel but very well maintained. When it was time to take the shuttle back to the airport Mr. Morgan waited outside with us and other taking the shuttle to make sure we had no problems. Even helped with our luggage. If I saw him or other staff in the lobby they always asked if all was OK with our stay. Great Stay. Recommend highly. Will stay again when in Dallas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Chris, and he was honored that you mentioned him by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize him for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

All the best,