“Pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #155 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
oxford
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our bid on a site won us this hotel and when I read the reviews on TA I became quite concerned! However this hotel is fine. It is an older hotel but our room was clean and spacious with a good fridge freezer and microwave. We had to move rooms after our first night as the tv next door was on til 4am but this was all handled with ease. Cynthia on the front desk was great and sorted it all. We stayed on the 12th floor. We used the gym every day and it is a great fitness centre, very modern. We used the shuttle one to go to inwood station to go into town and the driver was very heldful. I think this hotel is a perfectly fine place to stay if you are not looking for a luxurious newer property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel rooms and fitness center. Cynthia is over the moon about your comments!. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here for a conference for a week. They have a free hotel shuttle which proves to be very useful.The room was ready when I arrived. The reception staff are friendly but the shuttle staff are a little oddly behaved. The breakfast is decent and the bar is decent as well. Joe the Barman is extremely friendly and the food served in the bar is also decent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, FL
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for a dance conference. Having the shuttle is a HUGE draw for us - so we don't have to rent a car. We were travelling as a group and had 3 rooms - only one was ready when we arrived, and I was told they would call me when the other rooms would be ready to check in. Check in time is officially 3pm - when I went to the desk at 3:30 - our rooms were still not ready, but the kind desk clerk scrambled to put us into our suite. Our other rooms were the tiny standard rooms.

Our Suite however was HUGE! However, the on the way to our suite, we encountered very dirty carpet, marks on the walls and smoke and mildew odors. Once we were in the suite, everything was made up just fine, but they'd forgotten to empty the kitchen trash.

Sleep number beds and flat screens made this room cozy, and we spent more time in the room than anticipated. Refrigerator was big and worked great, was nice to be able to fix small meals in the room, store leftovers etc. We found plenty of extra pillows, and blankets in the drawers, as well.

We did have some drainage problems and had to call maintenance repeatedly, we also had problems getting towels the whole time we were there. The staff did come to our aid and were pleasant, I assume since the hotel is older, that the drainage issue is a common one. And with many people staying at the hotel towels were a hot commodity.

The bar/restaurant was extremely slow and overwhelmed with the number of guests that decided to try and eat there. Food was okay, but took a long time for just sandwiches and salads. We ate elsewhere the rest of the trip.

Overall, it was a nice place to stay - staff was very friendly, I think they hotel could just use a good scrub down/replacing of carpets and it would be much better. Our room was fine, but the hallways could use updating. Great Value for a suite! We'll stay here again if the conference is held here next year.

Room Tip: Go for a suite - they are newer than the rooms in the tower.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the friendliness of the staff and your hotel suite. We are in the design phase of the hotel renovation and your areas of concerns will be addressed during this process. We look forward to your next stay.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Southwest airlines booked me a room here because my flight was cancelled. Very strange group of customers, some looked like hourly visitors. I ended up booking another hotel and having them pick me up here. The room was nasty, bed was gross (weird mattress and foam) and the front desk staff was rude. I lasted long enough to get my pizza ordered before it was too late and left. Do not suggest.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jessica A
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact me directly at 214-640-9200.

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Clarinda, Iowa
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed on 9/7/13 and 9/8/13. The room was very nice and clean. The staff very friendly and took care of all our needs. Special thanks to Christopher Morgan, Director of Operations. I had read some of the negative reviews so was a little concerned. The room assigned to us (my wife & I) was exceptional. Very clean and plenty of room. I went to other floors to look around to see why there were negative reviews. Saw no noticeable problems. It is an older hotel but very well maintained. When it was time to take the shuttle back to the airport Mr. Morgan waited outside with us and other taking the shuttle to make sure we had no problems. Even helped with our luggage. If I saw him or other staff in the lobby they always asked if all was OK with our stay. Great Stay. Recommend highly. Will stay again when in Dallas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Chris, and he was honored that you mentioned him by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize him for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

All the best,
Bedford, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I checked into the hotel The young lady at the front desk very nice I asked her for A room with the microwave she said she would be able to do that I got on the elevator and noticed peeling paint when I got off on the 6th floor I smelled a wet dog I noticed all the scuff marks on the doors and the walls the chipped paint on the doors and the walls and the carpet looks like it had never been cleaned I open my room door and see a patch of carpet missing from the floor the bag that the hair dryer was in had little lint balls all over it the room smelled worse than the hallway there was dog hair all over the sheets the desk both chairs and the floor there was liquid residue that looks like a body fluid on the sheets I got a refund and left unless there are no other hotel and you refused to sleep in your car do not stay here

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Charli P
Juan M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Farmington Hills, MI
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I come to Dallas every October and have stayed at this hotel the last 3 times. I purchased the room from a bidding site so I had no idea what the hotel would be but ended up here each time.

Location is great if you are going to the Market Center or local hospitals. The building itself is a reworked, not real recent, high rise. Lots of parking but part in their underground garage, which is scary in itself.

Front Desk Staff are friendly as are the support staff. Rooms are a little old but not really old. Now the TV is the old standard issue 27 or inch Magnavox, which has been phased out of most hotels by now.

Bonus is the Sleep Number Bed, although my control was probably ready for replacement, it did work with a little effort.

For the price it is value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business