“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #156 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Vidor, Texas
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here last September for the purpose of visiting relatives who were passing through Dallas on a cross country trip. I booked the hotel using Club Carlson points, and was upgraded to a 2 room king suite. The hotel charges for breakfast, however I was given vouchers for complimentary breakfast due to my high level in Club Carlson. The hotel is old but has been renovated and is centrally located with easy access to the freeways. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if in Dallas.

Room Tip: Higher floors have balconies and are reasonably quiet considering location.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Larry M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Juan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here on April 21,2013. The hotel is conviently located, very clean, has every thing you could want. The staff is friendly. The rates are low (because there is no breakfast) they have a resturant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dianne,

Juan Morales
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The pictures online are old and out dated, the hotel is old and needs to be renovated. When we checked in we were put on the 3rd floor, which smelled like water damage as soon as we got of the elevator. As we walked to our room the lighting and the smell got worse. The doors are in great need of paint and when we entered our room the carpets were dirty and the room smelt moldy. The bed was hard and the bathroom was dark and dingy, the tub had stains that made it look dirty. We complained and were moved to the 11th floor. The smell and the carpets were much better. The furniture in both rooms were beat up and out dated. The room had a sleep number bed but it didn't work so the bed wasn't very comfortable. The lighting in the room was very dim and you had to walk around and turn on each light separately. They only provided us with 3 body towels, 2 face and 2 hand towels and one bar of soap most hotels give you at least 4 body towels and 2 bars of soap (face and body). The next day after they cleaned the room they gave us 2 body towels when all 3 where dirty. 1 face towel and 1 hand towel and didn't give us a new bar of soap when clearly the only one we had was almost gone. The next day I had to call down for soap and towels 1 hour later they brought us 2 of each and no soap. I had to call back for soap and they brought me soap and shampoo. I have stayed in 3 stars before but this is the first time that I felt the rating was incorrect. The hotel has potential to be a 3 star if they take the time to remodel it. Paint, carpets, lighting and new furniture.

Room Tip: Stay off the 3rd floor!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dahlia M
Larry M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your experience with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We are in the beginning process of getting our plans together for a full hotel remodel.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed April 3, 2013

First of all I want to say the staff were very friendly and attentive. They offered a very helpful free shuttle and when there were many complaints to handle they attempted to take care of the best to their availiablity.

First of all the property is in real disrepair, there are several updates in the lobby & a nicely decorated restaurant...that is about it. Televisions are circa 1995, rooms have serious needs of some upgrades. The sleep number beds did not work correctly. Also for the four nights I was there I only got one hot shower. The boiler was "broken", but really it just seemed they didnt have enough hot water for the entire building. I will say I appreciate the discounted rate for my last night. The only thing is even the discounted rate wasn't worth not having hot water. Even the cheapest Motel 6 has hot water.

The ones to blame for the condition of this hotel are the owners, great & friendly stafff...

I can't believe I paid what I did. I would price this the same as a Days Inn at 29.99

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless they have an extensive remodel.....
2 Thank ByWayofTaos
Larry M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am sorry to hear your recent stay with us was not all positive. A new management company has taken over the hotel. We are in the beginning process of getting a plan together to update and remodel the hotel. It does make me happy to know you enjoyed the friendliness of the staff.

I hope you will revisit The Park Inn by Radisson and offer us the chance to exceed your expectations.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was a weekend trip with friends and the Park Inn was chosen by other friends who we were meeting in Dallas for a weekend. The rooms are quite comfortable. The beds are Sleep Number beds making for an interesting sleep experience. The complimentary WIFI service was excellent. The property does have some serious shortcomings. The parking is terrible. It is almost as if it was added on as an afterthought. There is no access from the parking to any elevators so you have to drag your bags up stairs after trying to negotiate heavy fire doors while dealing with your bags. There is also doesn't appear to be any security for the garage and the second night the lower level was partially flooded do to a rain storm requiring us to wade through several inches of water to get to the car. One more thing....for some reason they have removed most of the ice machines and you may have to go up or down 2-3 floors to find ice. I doubt that I would stay here again.

1 Thank denverflier
Larry M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Sorry to hear your recent stay with us was not all positive. Your comments will be shared with the necessary associates so these issues may be discussed.

I hope you will revisit Park Inn by Radisson and offer us the chance to exceed your expectations.

Be well,

Larry M
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The beds were really small, the tub too, the pool was dirty and insanely cold... at noon.
But the cherry on the cake was the shuttle service that never arrived.
Not recommended at all.
.........................................................................................................................................................

1 Thank Sleonhart2
Larry M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013

Lufkin, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was really the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in. I say "slept in" when I really should say tossed and turned in. They are sleep number beds, but if you've never used one and have no idea what your "number" is.....you might as well sleep on the floor.

• Stayed March 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Park Inn by Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed sleeping experience with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.