“False alarm alarm clock :(”

Love Field Hotel & Suites
Ranked #157 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel was pretty nasty. The carpet could use some serious updating! Between me and everyone in our group we had 4 rooms, with 7 beds...... And not one sleep number bed worked...! The second night of our stay we were RUDELY awaken by a loud alarm, flashing lights and a recording repeating over and over about a fire alarm. Not once..... But TWICE! Dallas FD was just as irritated as I was..... I won't be back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sabrina S
Larry M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time for post your comments concerning your recent stay at Park Inn Dallas Love Field. I apologize for the conditions you found and we are recently under new ownership with great plans for making this a great hotel. The fire alarm was the result of a faulty smoke detector and it has been replaced. Again, thank you and we look forward to an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Can not believe this was a Raddison brand. Not even close to a 3 star. Nothing works in the hotel. I checked in, which took way to long as there was only one receptionist. As I walked down the musty smelling hallway, I noticed water was pouring out of a room. Behind me was workman I suppose to fix the problem. Got to the room, the bed didn't work, their was no hot water and the air conditioner didnt work as well. I called to get a new room which they did. The next room, the TV didn't work at all. I had to change to a new room. Got to it and the AC made all sorts of noise.

This is a DUMP. There appears to be no desire to improve this hotel. Motel 6 would have been a better stay than here. HORRIBLE. Avoid.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank raiderred0
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay here at Park Inn by Radisson Dallas-Love Field, TX. We sincerely would like to apologize for the state of our hotel ,and please be assured we are taking the correct steps to improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further do not hesitate to contact us via our website. Again we apologize we dropped the ball and hope to be able to make it up you in the future.

Thanks.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

You can tell it was a nice property at one time but seems a little frayed now. I didn't pack shampoo because I thought it would be here. Nope. Not even the tiniest bottle. No ice Machine. I put 2.00 in the vending machine and there were no drinks in the machine. I call to the front desk and they say to wait til the gift shop opens at 4pm and they will deal with it. I waited til they opened and got a drink from there. What kind of hotel has no ice and empty drink machines?

Stayed: January 2013
Larry M, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear JDRED,
Thank you for taking the time fo let us know of your recent experience at Park Inn. We recently have had a few difficulties getting our guest bath amenities from our vendor but this has been resolved. I apologize that we were out of shampoo (and probably coffee) during your stay. We are working on adding more ice machines in the coming months and I am sorry that there was not a machine on your floor. The gift shop operator also maintains our drink machines and I will speak with him on the problem and also to our front desk on how to better handle that situation in the future. Again, thank you and I look forward to better serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Where do I start? First off the location isn't great. Yes its fairly close to the airport but seems like its in a bad neighborhood. I'm not from the area though so I could be wrong. The underground parking is a little scary. Its not very well lit so its pretty dark at night. Once you leave the parking garage to head upstairs its like a maze getting back to the hotel rooms. The rooms were a little small and the bathrooms were even smaller. Even though they had sleep number beds most of the didn't work (we had 3 rooms). We went through Priceline so we paid ahead of time. When we got there they wanted us to pay again. Good thing we had our receipt. The ONLY good thing about this hotel was the wonderful shuttle driver. She was so friendly! I would let her drive me anywhere!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
onelmurf2, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write concerning your recent stay. I sincerely regret that we did not measure up to your expectations and I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and they will be shared with my team to help us find ways to continually improve our hotel and services. The issue with your advance payment not showing on the original reservation is disturbing but I am glad that we were able to resolve it. We look forward to better serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

upon arriving from a park n fly stay, not having prompt shuttle service (45 minute wait), I arrive today to find the exhaust system on my truck had been sawed in half and stolen. No one at the hotel seems to have any information on the incident yet says it happens all the time here. No security cameras or anything. The hotel was clean and i had no complaints except having to take a taxi to the airport and walk back to the hotel but the stolen cadelidic converter beats all i saw. Someone must have saw something or it was an inside job.....beware!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ron S
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience here at the Park Inn by Radisson Dallas Love Field. We use this information to constantly critique, and look for better ways to improve the service and condition of the hotel.

If you would like to speak more about the incident that incurred at our hotel as we would like to get more details about that experience, please feel free to contacting us directly via our website.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I arrived a very tired traveler here for a trade show. I informed the front desk that neither phone worked in my room, but they could fix this later as my rest and privacy were more important at the moment.Upon returning after my show this evening I found that not only did no phone work, but the sleep number bed also did not function and was horribly uncomfortable. The water pressure was also such that it took 35 minutes to fill the tub. The faucet just spins round and round....also not working. The heat,which is necessary as the temps are below freezing,is so loud that one can not get any rest even with earplugs. I had maintenance check the filter cleanliness....also filthy and had to be cleaned. TV is very old with picture distortion. The chair for the desk was not room furniture, it came from some old meeting room, a banquet chair that does not function for work. The seals on the windows are also not tightly secured and provide little sound protection from the outside freeway. The closet has broken glass mirroring and the doors hit your clothes as the hangers don't clear the sliding doors, missing by a good inch,thus damaging my valuable clothes if moved. The staff is very nice and friendly. I am on a very tight business schedule which barely gives my a minute. This is such a shame....There is NO INTEREST or REGARD for property maintenance. I need to simply be checked into a clean and functioning room. I certainly would warn any traveler to stay away from any Radisson property, I am sorry to be the one experiencing this unacceptable situation and hopefully can assist someone else from such an unacceptable situation. Also, when speaking to the front desk if the phone to the hotel rings you must wait until the person answers the phone and completes a full conversation with the caller to continue your conversation.

Room Tip: Not at this location
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank denise p

We are excited about upgrades to our public areas and sleeping rooms that are happening in the near future. I hope that you will stay with us again to see the improvements as they happen. However, I'm concerned about Front Office agent's manner that checked you in and would like to get more details about that experience. Please feel free to contacting us directly via our website.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I like the location, very accessable and good locations to eat. However, I did not like the fact that it is not user friendly for handicap, wheel-chair bound guests. When we stayed there we were at the very bottom meeting room and one of the guests had to use the freight elevator. Also the dining area had stairs, how can a person who uses a wheelchair get thru there. Other than that it was great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
onelmurf2, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Please accept my apologies concerning the various levels of the hotel. We do have a chair lift to move persons up to the Restaurant and I regret that we did not inform you of this. I do understand the concern with your speaker taking the service elevator down to the lower level. I hope that future events can be scheduled in more accessible meeting rooms. Thank you for your suggestions.