“2012 NASA Unequipped Nationals Powerlifting Meet”

Love Field Hotel & Suites
Ranked #153 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Buna, TX
“2012 NASA Unequipped Nationals Powerlifting Meet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I liked the overall look of the hotel. Rooms were nice and roomy. Very nice view of Dallas skyline from room 1113. Had a problem first night , had no hot water. But, problem was solved. Never could get wake up call service to work. Found a few small black ants in our room on second day. Would have loved to try restaurant but they could not take credit cards. Our sleep number bed's remote didn't have batteries, so couldn't try it. Overall a few problems, but we would love to stay again in the future. Staff was very friendly. My wife love the StarBucks just up the road.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
onelmurf2, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at Park Inn. I have shared your concerns with my staff and we will do our best to resolve those issues for our future guests. We hope to see you again at the next meet.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Mulvane, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Spent two nights at this hotel. The staff was very friendly including those that worked over night. The resteraunt was good a little more then I expected but it was good food with friendly service. The room was neat clean and cozy. The sleep number beds were AWESOME! I look forward to the next meet we have that I can attend for another stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We were delighted to host this very unique event and look forward to future meets at Park Inn. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you and the group again!
Montreal Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

After checking in,( Saturday,November 3rd,23:00pm) I was first given a room on the first floor, with an uncloseable window that opened onto the outside stairway. Anyone could have easily broken into the room.
I complained immediately,and was told by the female receptionist that all other rooms were taken.
When I chanced upon the other receptionist ( young guy with an Arabic or Hispanic name),He sought for me a room on an upper floor,that was secure,clean, and acceptable. I regret losing his name,but he saved the day for me.
Another plus is the hotel shuttle bus,that will take you within a radius of 5 miles

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your remarks regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that your first room assignment was not satisfactory but I am delighted to hear that our staff was able to relocate you into a room that better suited you.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had a great stay! Check in took less than a minute, the room was amazing we were upgraded for being gold point members, and were treated very nicely. I have stayed at quite a few hotels this year & this one is my favorite so far. The location was good & the room was very clean! I will for sure be making my way back! :)

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your very kind remarks regarding your recent stay at Park Inn. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was by far, the worst hotel I ever stayed at... I called priceline to question their star rating because I have stayed at other two star rated hotels that were much better than this one.... When I checked-in @ 10pm at night, the front desk told me that they did not have my reservation (hotel claims they never received the fax or email confirmation from priceline, however, priceline told us they had the fax confirmation from the day we made the reservation...2 days prior). It took almost 45 minutes for a priceline customer service rep to answer the call and finally resolve the issue for us to check in. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful even though they were very busy... After check-in, I had to walk down dark and old hallways for 5 minutes to get to my room.. As other reviewers mentioned, the carpet was dirty and old, the bath room was so small.. AC unit was loud and smelly.. I will never bid on priceline for hotels in the Dallas area since their star ratings are not very accurate... This hotel does not deserve 3 star rating...

Room Tip: Do not bid on priceline on this area... Also, confirm your reservation before check-in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Abby W
Truett P, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Abby W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Dallas Love Field.

I'm glad you found the Front Office staff very friendly and helpful. After a long day of travel, we want you feel welcomed and comfortable at our hotel. I apologize that there was a mix up with your reservation and sorry you had to wait to check-in to your room. I'm glad the matter was resolved and eventually settled.

We are currently working on plans for updating the guest rooms and carpets at our hotel. I appreciate your patience during this time and hope that you will try us again to see upgrades in the future.

We hope to see you again the next time you're in Dallas. Please contact me personally if there is anything special we can do for you the next time you're here.

Truett Pool
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This stay was better than expected, after having read the earlier reviews. I got the reservations from a three star rating on hotwire.com. Upon check-in, I asked for a room that did not face the freeway or have a sleep number bed. Front desk people were polite and accommodating. Haywood at the front desk told Cassie the 5th floor did not have sleep number beds. They put me on the fifth floor, but it had was a connecting room, which I don't like. Went back down to Cassie and she said no problem, and switched me out to another room. It was spacious, clean. Had a microwave and refrigerator as well as coffee maker. The coffee maker is one cup at a time, which is okay if you're alone. But they only give one regular coffee pouch and one decaf. So if you are staying with someone, you will have to flip a coin. It was clean, i had no problem walking in my bare feet. And the walls are relatively soundproof. I did discover later that night that it was a sleep number bed after all, but it worked fine for me. There is a computer w/internet and printer available in the lobby at no charge. I asked them to fax a couple of things, and they did it right then, no problem, no charge. They have a fitness center that is well kept, and has dumbbells as well as a cable machine in addition to two treadmills and a riding bike. Towels and water were there. I ate in the lounge a couple of times. Draft beer is $4. I had a steak salad and it was fine. It is a bag salad, and the marinated steak is too thin to do rare, but medium rare was fine and plenty of steak ($12). Had a cheeseburger and fries another time. Burger was thick, juicy, and cooked medium rare, which is what I had asked for ($10). Lots of fries and they were right out of the fryer. I don't know where they cook them at, but order early as it takes at least 20 minutes to get your food. And that's when they are not busy.
I did ask about a drug store nearby, and they pointed me to a CVS, told me it wasn't within walking distance, but they had a shuttle and would be glad to take me there. I had a car and didn't need one, but again, they were very accommodating all during my three night stay.
Didn't see anything that made me think of CSI. Some of the carpet is worn, but it's a hotel and is supposed to be walked on. The only drawbacks I saw was that the only other food within walking distance is the jack-in-the box across the way. And they apparently put some sort of air freshener in the hallway air conditioners, so it is pretty strong at about the halfway point. Plus parking is tight. There is a garage, but it won't accommodate SUV's. There was some sort of an event one night, and I got what appeared to be the last outside spot available. There are a lot of mid priced restaurants about a mile away. It also has convenient access to I-35E (stemmons freeway) and hwy 183 (which goes towards fort worth). I would go back.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool. Those will be the most quiet. You won't get the freeway o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Ugh. Stuck in this place again. Every weekend, this hotel hosts some huge gathering, and if you're unlucky enough like me, you get a room next to some moron who's the life of their party, and they're hooping and hollering. Previous comments regarding the condition of the property are "spot" on, if you'll pardon the pun. I've stayed here when it was the Sheraton Brookhollow, the Radisson, and now Park Inn - and it's been in steady decline every step of the way. The staff are extremely friendly, and I feel sorry for them trying to serve at such a run-down place. Continual "makeovers", "updates", and rebranding have been the equivalent of slapping another layer of lipstick on a pig. The place just has a very shabby, run-down, dirty feeling to it. They do have an airport shuttle, so if you've got a super early flight it would be alright. The beds are quite comfortable, and the free wi-fi is up to speed. So, the highs: The staff, the beds, the wi-fi. The lows: Rowdy weekend groups in the hotel conference facilities and then loud guests, horrid parking (I Hate parking in their underground parking garage as this is not exactly a nice neighborhood), extreme dated property with a general unclean feel to it, like the carpeting, walls, ceiling, ventilation system, etc., is in need of a very deep and thorough cleaning.

Room Tip: The hotel's split into a 4-story portion and a 10-story tower. Get a room in the tower. Severa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tcm_crew
Truett P, General Manager at Love Field Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear tcm_crew,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience here at the Park in by Radisson Dallas Love Field. During these busy times, we know it takes a lot to make room in your day to give us specific details about your stay and we appreciate the effort you made.

I am very happy you enjoyed the Front Office staff, the FAST internet, the airport shuttle and comfortable beds. We are very fortunate to have such great employees working with us and try to instill that positive personality with all of our staff. We also try to offer great amenities to be competitive in the market and are happy to have the fastest internet in the city. We went from 3 MB circuit to a 100 MB circuit and are very pleased with that upgrade.

I am very sorry about the loud folks next door to you. That would be very irritating and I'm sorry you had to endure that. We try to quiet any noise complaints as soon as possible with our security on property.

I apologize that the condition of our hotel was unacceptable during your stay. Our Housekeeping and Engineering staff are working very hard on raising the cleanliness levels at the hotel, specifically focusing on all carpets throughout the property. Our company is also putting together a scope that will include public area and guest room upgrades as well.

Thank you for your patience during this time. I hope that you will use our hotel again and see the improvements that we make. Please call me if I can be of any assistance to you on your next visit to Dallas.

Truett Pool