“Don't be fooled by the lobby..It's actually very nice..”

Love Field Hotel & Suites
Ranked #156 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Richardson, Texas
“Don't be fooled by the lobby..It's actually very nice..”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The hotel staff were courteous, alert and acknowledging of your presence. Never failing to offer assistance when asked or if you looked confused. I never had to deal with bad customer service or bad attitudes. It was all smiles and helpfulness. I personally felt the room was quite impressive. Two chairs, Two Sleep Number Beds, restroom with shower/tub combo, external sink and mirror (not inside the bathroom), plenty of counter space and room for your belongings. It even had a closet. The room was very nice..A++++

When I first saw the lobby I was afraid I would be turning around and not coming back, but after seeing the room, I'm glad I stayed. I would describe this hotel as warm and welcoming. Great customer service and very very clean!

Pros: Excellent customer service, shuttle, room service *20% gratuity and a delivery charge though are a little over the top in my opinion, but it's a nice option*, very clean, very safe, pool, quiet, yet accessible to many restaurants and shopping..I could go on and on.about the positives of this hotel and I will Definitely stay here again.

Cons: No mini fridge/microwave and in my opinion the sleep number beds were not all that great comfort wise, but I do appreciate the effort though. I rested well, but I wasn't impressed with sleep number beds I guess. I don't like firm beds. The lobby is ugly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tinkerbtch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Alexandria VA
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I've stayed here many, many, many times over the years and have seen this property slide further and further since its days as the Sheraton Brookhollow, to Radisson, and now the Park Inn. Within an hour of arrival in my musty-smelling room, my nose was completely sealed shut and closed from what I can only presume to be the overwhelming mold I presume to be present from the musty smell. The "free" wireless internet here has ALWAYS been an adventure, with wireless routers set up in a couple of rooms on (I believe) every other floor. I constantly loose connectivity and experience VERY slow speeds. They USED to put out free coffee from 5-6 AM, but even this has now gone by the wayside. And with the restaurant not opening until 7 AM, you have one cup of in-room coffee, and that's it til 7AM. The work desk chair is horribly cheap and will not stay elevated. Sitting in the work desk chair, I think my seat is about seven or eight inches off of the ground. OLD antique TVs with VERY poor reception and a very limited channel lineup. The bathrooms are micro tiny and very dingy. The street noise from Mockingbird Dr. is CRAZY loud, and the gimmicky "sleep number" beds are EXTREMELY uncomfortable. The air conditioning/heating unit makes enough noise to wake the dead. I don't even know they waste time with the tiny pillows - the compress under the weight of your head to paper-thin. They need to cut with the "renovations" (read: Paint) and just raze this place and start from scratch. They even had to close the parking area on one side of the hotel, for reasons not really known. Spend a few more dollars and book at another hotel in Market Center. Believe me, you'll be glad you did. For some reason, the online hotel bid and booking site I used calls this a three-star hotel. Sure - this place is a three start hotel if Motel 6 is a five-star chain.

Room Tip: If you get a good deal, and are checking in late and checking out early, not a bad deal. But if sta...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank tcm_crew
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have been really happy with Priceline matches before but this was the pits. I checked in to a room ... the sleep number bed was broken (all sunken in), the room stank and smelled moldy mildewy. The place was a dump. I never do this but I asked for another room (had there been a flight out of DAL that day, I wouldn't have stayed there). The "new room" was better and updated some and a little cleaner but the carpet was terribly stained. I wore shoes around the entire time I was there (didn't trust walking around with slippers)I have never had a hotel experience as bad as this one.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first before checking in! Try to stay in the "tower"
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Suzyjenn620
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The hotel was probally good years ago but it is obvious that not much is being done to keep it up. I reserved the hotel through Priceline as a 3 star and almost asked for my money back. It is not a 3 star, perhaps in its better days it might have been. The room had very stained carpet, the aircondition in the hall was falling apart, the bar and restaurant was dead, no one was there. What was good was the jitney driver (yes they had a jitney instead of taxis out front), and the shuttle that took you to Market Street and the airport. The breakfast in the restaurant was not bad either. The location is not bad if you have a car because there aren't many restaurants in walking distance. The Business Center is 2 computers to the side of the front desk when you check in, not great but free, and it was fast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jean b
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Clean and modern interior and rooms. Free parking. They have sleep number beds and fluffy pillows. We had little bags of gummy bears on or pillows and a rubber ducky in the shower. Great deal!

• Stayed December 2011
Bryant, Arkansas
Reviewed November 18, 2011

A short ride or drive from Love field.This is not a 5 star hoel but it is a very good hotel for the price.Not be best area of Dallas but not dangerous.This hotel has great beds,you will sleep like a baby.Nice pool area and fitness room too.The desk staff are great! Dead tired from flying looking to settle in for the night out of Love field this is a good choice.Micky D'S is under the overpass to the left.My kids never turn down breakfast from ronald.2 or 3 exits up the freeway and you have plenty of places to eat,even some texas barbeque (not nearly as good as arkansas barbeque)but the brisket is worth a taste.I little further up the freeway and you can take the kids or the kid in you to speed zone for some fun.Boy you can have lots of fun in Dallas!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked this Hotel via Priceline, it said there is high speed internet, fridge, microwave, gym etc...I showed up, checked in, the Hotel looks fine from the outside, once inside the room you can tell it is not super clean:
- CARPET was stained big time, used used and over used, so if you have allergies, not sure it is a clean carpet. I got sick 3 days after sleeping in this room.
- INTERNET was not high speed, I could not have wifi on my iphone, i had to use my data pan and I am sure it cost me lots of $ having my 3G AT&T iphone always using my data.
I called the technician to tell him about the very slow internet on my laptop and no internet wifi on my cell, he said:
The manager told him to put the frequency on low so the customers can not upload download files etc... so this is meant to be.
- FRIDGE??? There was no fridge, no microwave in the room, I asked them to have one, they said they have none, and offered me to pay 50$ extra every night to have a suite that have a fridge. Seriously? why they advertize on net that they have all the equipment? so all food i had went to garbage. The manager didn't give a damn about the matter, they said we have fridge only for suite not regular rooms.
- SHOWER: low, no power, barely can remove the soap from your skin

The only cute thing they have is the cute small ducks they offer in rooms that u can use in the bathtub.

I was really not happy during my 5 nights there. They knew I booked 5 nights and they didn't care to find me a small fridge. to get me normal speed internet...I am NOT happy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends