“Not the best Hotel/service, NEGATIVE”

Love Field Hotel & Suites
Ranked #153 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Not the best Hotel/service, NEGATIVE”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked this Hotel via Priceline, it said there is high speed internet, fridge, microwave, gym etc...I showed up, checked in, the Hotel looks fine from the outside, once inside the room you can tell it is not super clean:
- CARPET was stained big time, used used and over used, so if you have allergies, not sure it is a clean carpet. I got sick 3 days after sleeping in this room.
- INTERNET was not high speed, I could not have wifi on my iphone, i had to use my data pan and I am sure it cost me lots of $ having my 3G AT&T iphone always using my data.
I called the technician to tell him about the very slow internet on my laptop and no internet wifi on my cell, he said:
The manager told him to put the frequency on low so the customers can not upload download files etc... so this is meant to be.
- FRIDGE??? There was no fridge, no microwave in the room, I asked them to have one, they said they have none, and offered me to pay 50$ extra every night to have a suite that have a fridge. Seriously? why they advertize on net that they have all the equipment? so all food i had went to garbage. The manager didn't give a damn about the matter, they said we have fridge only for suite not regular rooms.
- SHOWER: low, no power, barely can remove the soap from your skin

The only cute thing they have is the cute small ducks they offer in rooms that u can use in the bathtub.

I was really not happy during my 5 nights there. They knew I booked 5 nights and they didn't care to find me a small fridge. to get me normal speed internet...I am NOT happy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank travel g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
United States
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a reunion. It's a has been hotel in a not very good or attractive part of Dallas, very industrial and tired. I would not ever call it downtown Dallas. You have to drive to everywhere you need to go. We did not use Love Field to fly in/out of so I suppose it would be convenient for that.

Service was average. Front desk was not particularly knowledgeable about directions or where things were in Dallas every time we asked for help. The housecleaning crew was pleasant at least.

Value was average for a group. The hotel did accommodate the reunion with space for meeting in their ballroom. Breakfast was not included in the room rate and there was no food w/i walking distance that you would feel safe except for the restaurant in the hotel (captive audience). The food was average chain restaurant type. Since we weren't in the organizing part of the reunion, we can't speak to how easy it was to work with the staff.

Sleep quality was between poor and average. One pillow was moldy. We asked for foam pillows and what we got was a lumpy mess.

Cleanliness was average...what can you do with an old hotel?

Rooms were average/small. The air conditioner sounded like a freight train in the room with you. Bathroom was so small one could hardly turn around in it. The sheets and white comforter were good.

This hotel needs a major redo. Would not stay there again or recommend.

Room Tip: Away from the freeways on the north? side.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank comtn
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The folks at the front desk went out of there way to accommodate me when my card was having problems. Also, the hotel itself is pristine and well placed in the downtown area. I'm confused by so many other middling reviews because we really, really enjoyed out stay here. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Park early, as it's free, but the good spaces fill up quickly.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2011

The shuttle service that the hotel provides is wonderful. We were able to spend the night, park and leave the car, and take their 24-hour shuttle to Love Field to catch our flight. Once we returned, a phone call to the hotel sent the shuttle back to pick us up. No hassles and very nice staff. Room was nice for the one night. We're not a fan of the sleep-number bed we had, but I think they offer other types of mattresses in other rooms or packages.

Room Tip: The parking lot is one-way - we ended up having to go around the world to get back to the parking lo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Waco, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel dozens of times over the past 5 years. Although the name has changed a few times, the hotel itself remains very pleasant with helpful and friendly staff. There is a restaurant and bar that has pretty good food, which is very helpful when I'm in town on business and don't have access to transportation. The rooms are always very clean and beds very comfortable. I do wish that the showers would get upgrades, as sometimes I get a room with older fixtures. But in the end, I am always pleased with my stays here and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business