“Delightful dining”
Review of Oddfellows

Oddfellows
Reserve with OpenTable
Oddfellows is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #278 of 3,734 Restaurants in Dallas
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend and I stopped in at Oddfellows last night for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised by the warm atmosphere and excellent customer service. I'd heard that their service is really slow, so I was really surprised by how fast everything arrived and by the attentiveness of our server, Genesis.

I love the atmosphere at Oddfellows. Wood panelling and booths combine with the low lighting to create a relaxing and homey feel. The food was excellent too. Our appetizer was especially delicious - whatever else you order there, be sure to try their in-house made pita chips and hummus. Yum! It was a bit too late for coffee (which, as a former barista, I've been eager to try), so I got an iced Chai tea. It wasn't my favorite Chai of all time, but definitely still enjoyable.

The menu had a good selection of wines, specialty drinks, beers, and coffee, as well as a wide variety of dinner options. The prices are really reasonable and portion sizes are generous.

Oddfellows is a must visit when you go to the Bishop Arts District. Great food, good service, amazing atmosphere... I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've been to OddFellows twice to try and see what all the D Magazine hype was about.

The first was date-esque and the second was a family brunch. I thought it did well for both situations.

Ambience:
Light, clean with a small diner feel. There's a lot of white painted wood and big windows letting in the sunlight through hand painted lettering...this place just feels like sunrise. If you were to put Rossini's famous beginning to "The William Tell Overture" in the background, it would not be misplaced. It is nestled between some cute shops:)

Service:
Both times, the service has been exceptional. Especially, the host at the door...who even remembered me from a month prior which is just impressive.

Food:
Now coffee connoisseurs, this isn't Starbucks (thank goodness!). They don't have a long list of coffees to choose from and to a point, I appreciate that style of restaurant operation. The brew we did receive was delicious.
As a vegan, my only option (without the usual special ordering) was the oatmeal and it is quite good and filling. It comes with blueberries :).
My parents ordered migas and devoured them quickly.
I wish they had more veggie options or substitutions for us hipster kids to play with but at the same time with the coffee, I understand the vision of the establishment and as a Native Texan, I've acclimated (and The Spiral Diner is right up the street, lol).

I will definitely return with my meat eating friends/family.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

From the lovely latte, to the draft cider, to the chorizo goat cheese egg taco, to the brisket potato hash, this place is lick the plate good. Hard to understand how it could have Been better. The staff was terrific. Eclectic top rate beers on tap. Winner in every way.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Brunch is my favorite meal of the day...so it's no surprise that on my recent trip to Dallas to visit friends, that I would plead to be taken to a great brunch. After pouring over reviews with my friend and husband, we settled on oddfellows! It was so good!! I had the chicken and waffles and honestly, it was the perfect combo of savory and sweet...I'll be honest though, I ended up eating it like two separate meals! The waffles were served with syrup and a sweetened ricotta cheese with fruit on the side. The chicken was served with a DELICIOUS white gravy on the side, it was quite the meal! My husband had their famous Mac and cheese, it was rich and flavourful! The bloody Mary and bellini's were great as well. I don't think you can go wrong with Oddfellows! Pretty sure I'll be back on my next visit!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Brought in some friends from overseas and looked forward to eating at Oddfellows (I had been there a few months before...before they changed their menu.). We ordered varied items off the menu and ended up with extremely greasy chicken (the 3 piece was two wings and a thigh), disgusting beignets that were hard and tasteless, mac and cheese that was...well...uninspiring...and the list goes on. I politely asked the waitress if she had personally tried the beignets lately, because apparently they had been fried too long. She replied that they were "hand rolled" and the best around. Newsflash....I know what a beignet should look and taste like...and that wasn't it. Got the impression they were getting by on their location and doubt they will have repeat customers. Oh! And by the way....they didn't offer to remove the beignets from our bill. Just paid it and left and will never be back.

4  Thank mmcdowell

Been to Oddfellows? Share your experiences!