“Mucho delicioso”
Review of Komali Restaurant

Komali Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Komali Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #397 of 3,610 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fitzhugh
Description: Komali in Nahuatl, the Aztec language, means Comal, the griddle were Mexicans cook their tortillas. Komali serves a menu of Regional and Modern Mexican Cuisine. Komali serves hand-made tortillas, fresh salsas, great seafood and meat dishes.
Dallas, Texas
“Mucho delicioso”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

What a wonderful Tamarind Mimosa and Lump Crab Meat Crepe I enjoyed at Brunch today. What a surprise, I found a chic, upbeat , friendly and lively location to enjoy a really well made drink and a gorgeous lunch . The bar was so fresh and inviting. The mixologist, Lynn made a stunning cocktail. I watched as all the very best ingredients were muddled together and poured into a spiced rimmed wide mouth glass with a delicious blend of premium tequila and fresh squeezed juices just as the freshly fried tortilla chips were served with perfect guacamole. My husband was so impressed with the tantalizing cocktail he managed to enjoy two! He loved the Chicken enchiladas with black mole, so authentic. Better than moms, what can I say. Not a Tex Mex ala On the Border style restaurant but much richer, deeper authentic style Mexican cuisine. We will be back with friends. Definitely lively environment to meet with friends on Sundays. We are excited to enjoy patio dining in the warning summer months. Menus is worth exploring.

• Visited March 2013

Flower Mound, Texas
“Beautiful website not representative”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Five of us for dinner, and since we had been to a reception prior, only 3 of us had a cocktail. I don't usually drink margueritas ~ too much sugar ~ but these were touted as the best in Dallas. They were good, but not $12 worth. The salsa tasted like tomato sauce out of the can with a bit of cumin added. I think the entrees were all very good, and my shrimp with crispy polenta and arugula was excellent. The bill for 3 drinks and 5 entrees was almost $200. I don't know...it's hard to see $200 worth of value in last night's meal, and so even tho' the food was very good, (except the salsa) and the service was very good, I can't rate this more than average.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We felt this was one of the Most Overpriced ,for what you receive, that we had experienced..

I had fish tacos..My Husband fajitas,..In both cases, we honestly had to look for the meat..
somewhat tasty but nothing exceptionable.,,Also served cold and I was surprised to find you could do that with Fajitas.....The presentation on their website is impressive, but I can promise you, ours looked like a TV dinner Extremely small portions for what they charge....
It seems to be more of a Bar Scene than a place to relax..
.It is a beautiful place..with nice staff. but feel it is NOT worth the Price you Pay

• Visited February 2013
Vancouver, WA
“Yum”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Had brunch on Sunday morning and the wait staff was very kind. Queso was amazing, so was tamarind mimosa. W live in Portland, OR so I am sad this will not be available as one of my regular restaurants. Very good though :) if we come back to Dallas I'm going here just for that queso!

“Over priced”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Not overwhelming...food only ok. I can make the guacamole better at home. Over paid for food. Service only ok. I would have rather gone to a dive