“Pricey, small portion, slow service.”

Saint Ann Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Saint Ann Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 3,713 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Moody
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I used to love this place, but they changed the menu and jacked the prices up, plus the service was only so, so. I ordered pasta with spring vegetables and it was $16, but the portion was very small, so I had to ask for bread to fill up on. Service was slow, even though they were not incredibly busy. I used to think this place was reasonable, but they changed the menu and increased the prices. On the plus side, the new patio looks really nice, and I have always loved the decor and architecture. However, for lunch, I probably won't be back. I don't mind paying more for a good lunch, but this was expensive and only marginal.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Saint Ann is a breath away from the American Airlines Center in the building of the old Saint Ann School
The patio has VERY few rivals in Dallas…it is worth the trip to soak in the ambiance
The food is great…loved the stuffed jalapeno appetizer, could have ordered two for my meal.
The flatbread…good as well but not enough flavor for me.
Drinks are high, but you're in lower uptown…so that's what you get.
It is not overly trendy…you'll see shorts, jeans, slacks, etc…so be confident in what you choose.
For the price…it's on par. For the atmosphere…it's WAY above par.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

With such wonderful Texas weather an outdoor patio was definately the way to go for our party of 8. Saint Ann's immediately came to mind, as it is within our downtown walking path and always looks amazingly wonderful when strolling by. The website reviews were very accurate. Very trendy atmosphere within a very historical building. Decor, menu and vibe were on target. The repeat review comments about the service being mediocor and even sometimes nul and void were correct. We arrived early for a Friday evening, 6 pm, with a party of 8 for cocktails. Although we were immediately seated our host explained that all though he was giving us a couple of menus for the table we could only order cocktails and appetizers from it and should we want anything other than that we would have to move inside or inside the outdoor tent, which was one table legnth from us. Cool, we could work within those guidelines. Even prior to anyone coming up to the table for our drink order, a seperate hostess came to our table and began gathering up the menus without saying anything. We quickly let her know that we had not yet ordered. In a less than kind voice, she began to tell us that we could not order anything except cocktails at this table. A little confused, I began to explain what our seating host told us, which was just the opposite. She was very displeased and asked us to point him out. Since the restaurant by this point was becoming very busy, I asked if she needed the menus, as we would be happy to keep one, then once the remainder of the party arrived, we would pass it around and be happy to place our order from the single menu (we only had 3 for our party of 8). She actually let our a big huffy sigh, put one menu down and quickly turned to leave. Fortunately, to save face in what was to look like the website comments were verbatem, a waiter appeared to begin taking our drink & appetizer orders. At first he seemed very stoic but warmed up quickly. He had our table and one other across the patio. He was efficient, attentive and billed each of us individually without being asked. The appetizers were wonderful. I had the crab cake and was very good.
When the weather turned quickly, as it alwaysdoes in TX, we asked if we could get a table inside for dinner, our waiter was quick to request an interior table for us. With a 45 minute wait ahead of us, we were patient & continued to enjoy the company. A large portion of the group dispersed through out the restaurant for a closer look at the venue, restroom breaks, etc Two guests were left at the table who were not privy to the details of the dinner table requestt so when same young lady who had earlier nabbed our menus and scolded us for sitting in a non-food table reappeared to show us to our dinner table, she again was very unplesant and moved us two tables over from where we were, yes, still on the patio, the two guests left at the table were rather confused but when posing the question of moving inside she insisted we requested an outdoor table. During this time our water had gone to cash everyone out from cocktails & appetizers. When he returned he too was confused and assured us that he did request an interior table for us. He politely excused himself to help take care of the situation. Upon his return, he lead us to an indoor table and accepted the position of our waiter, even though it added extra efforts to pull it off. After the rocky service start, we had a delicious dinner and a great evening out over all. We will definately return to this establishment, but we now know even greater patience is necessary & self serve bar could definately be a quicker option, should we not be lucky enough to receive the same waiter.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I went to st. anne on a thursday night with some girl friends. we had made reservations but we weren't seated until 30 mins post reservation time. the restaurant was busy and our food arrived 45 after we ordered it and wasn't very good. the waiter was professional and helpful but the managers didn't seem to care even when we asked to speak with one of them, I believe his name was stefan or something. he made some excuse about kitchen being backed up. really?
will not be going there again unless some major changes are done. i.e the people responsible for running the restaurant.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Well there is not many restaurants of this caliber that have such a prime location that you could walk to your next destination. My wife and I dont eat seafood (which menu is 60%) but the appetizers and drinks still make for a good date night. After starting here we easily left our car in the valet and walked over to Ocean Prime to finish off the night.