“I love this place (sushi)”
Review of NAAN Sushi Uptown - CLOSED

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cole St.
Dallas, Texas
“I love this place (sushi)”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I don't understand the bad reviews Naan gets. I have eaten here almost monthly since it has opened, and I have had uniformly great experiences.

First, the sushi is great. Get there during happy hour, and the prices are pretty good. It is expensive at other times, but what I really like are the rolls: rich man's roll, vocano roll, SMU roll, etc. They look and taste different than other sushi I have had in Dallas. The super tataki and unique roll in ponzu sauce are also awesome, and the rest of my family loves the ahi tuna tower. I have also tried the rice bowls and enjoyed them as well. The only thing I did not care for was the new seafood pizza, but wanted to try something new.

Second, my service has been good. The servers have always been attentive and responsive in my experience. From looking at the reviews, others have not. I do agree that this is not a place to rush through your meal.

I also ate here when it was the Geisha House, and this is a big improvement.

• Visited December 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Good Sushi and Specials”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Been here several times, Groupon or LivingSocial run a deal for NAAN frequently, when you see it, get it! That's how we tried it and liked it. You won't be disappointed - good, fun food and nice place. Also they have weekly specials, like half price sushi or appetizers, drink specials and roll specials.

Visited October 2012
Frisco, Texas
“Poor service”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

It seems nobody was assigned to our table. After sitting there for 10 minutes, I asked the hostess if a waiter is coming to wait on us? So she got a guy to come by and he was like this is not my table but guess he will wait on us. Slow service. Sushi roll is good.

Visited August 2012
“Good experience!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We enjoyed a Sunday lunch with a friends here. First of all, PRICE on Sundays is half price and they have wonderful deals. The food was great and the dishes well presented too. Try sushi that you don't know, so you will see how innovative dishes they have. Our friends went back in a weekday and they found the restaurant expensive. Also, the bloody Mary is very well done.
I wish you enjoy like us.

• Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Expensive but underwhelming. Portion sizes were average. Taste was ok but nothing special given the extra high prices. Atmosphere was really low class. More of a sports bar feel than a high quality Japanese restaurant. I really couldn't recommend this place for any reason aside than that it is downtown. Worst miso soup I have ever had.

• Visited December 2012