“Very good”

Ranked #147 of 3,640 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: New in Bishop Arts District....charming.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very good quality and table service.
Small place (maybe11 table tops plus food bar) explains the LONG wait for reservations.
The oysters for appetizer on half shell were to die for - some of the most delicate & tasty I have ever tasted.
Veal chops were fantastic, wine selection great BUT pricey for the offerings.
Parking is limited but I would highly recommend you go and experience the food & ambiance.

There are newer reviews for Lucia

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Small but mighty LUCIA in Oak Cliff just south of downtown Dallas is a fantastic treat for lovers of real Italian food.One feels like they are in someone's home especially sitting on a banquette out of the way of the waitstaff traffic.
I waited six weeks for our mid week reservation and it was well worth it. First you are greeted warmly and seated immediately-a great first impression!
Knowledgeable,though I felt a bit pushy waitperson, encouraged us to order too much food for our little table of four. Everything we ate was delicious-the in house made salumi was fantastic-a real treat. A little disappointed that their cheese came from California instead of local Mozzarella Co. that has a great nationwide reputation, but forgave it when tasting all the courses and experiencing great service-unrushed even with people waiting-another good impression for a paying guest. This experience is not cheap, but well worth it. Very good wines by the glass too.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm still kinda learning about this Bishop Arts district. Like. They put great care into what they create here. Do try the pasta, and the veal chop with Polenta. Scrumdillumptious. 5* (Fuenf stern fuer alles da). Service is real good too. The setting is comfortable and semi-rustic. .

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a little jewel of a restaurant. Tiny, we were lucky to get a table without reservations! Probably because we got there really early. Very nice, informal but elegant atmosphere. Great wines, excellent food and wonderful presentatiion. Totally recommend this place!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had kind of assumed that this place was overrated, as has been my experiences with highly rated restaurants in the past. Lucia is not overrated. I had been trying to get a reservation for a few months ~ next to impossible. This place is teeny tiny. My friend and I ended up just getting there about 5 pm to wait outside until Lucia opened at 5:30 so that we could get one of the 4 "walk-up" seats that I'd read about on Tripadvisor. We discovered that they now have two tables outside. I think these are walk-up also, but I'm not sure.
The food was AMAZING and service was flawless without being overbearing or snobbish. The pricing wasn't too bad. We had two appetizers, two first courses, one entree, one dessert, and about 8 drinks for $168 before tip. This was actually more food than we could eat. Next time we would just order one of each and split everything. My favorites were the bread and butter, asparagus rissoto and filet. I know bread and butter sounds silly, but this was the best butter I've ever tasted. and the bread was just cruchy enough on the outside while being soft and delicious on the inside. I'm pretty sure I could have eaten the butter with a spoon.
Well worth the price and the wait. Can't wait to go back. One of the very best restaurants in Dallas.