“Nice quaint restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lucia
Ranked #144 of 3,560 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New in Bishop Arts District....charming.
Dallas, Texas
“Nice quaint restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Quaint SMALL restaurant in the Bishop Arts (Oak Cliff) district. Hard to get reservations both weekdays and weekends with weekends being booked 2 months in advance. Oustanding appetizers with the salumi (home cured meats) being top notch. For $1, you must try the foie gras stuffed prune. Not a fan of either but it was excellent!!! The main entrees vary -- the pork chop was delicious. My partner's pasta dish was a spring pea and pasta which she said was very good, but not outstanding. Have heard that the Rabbit dish is wonderful. Great wait staff and good Italian wine selection.

• Visited April 2013

Texas
“I just don't get the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

A friend made this reservation, as this restaurant is famed as one of the hardest seats to get in Dallas and I understand that to be true, but it just didn't live up to the hype. One: we are Italian food lovers, and if you peruse my reviews, I am in Italy often, and have traveled the country quite a bit. So, I know Italian food and this isn't it. What is with the Dallas restaurant scene trying to be so 'creative' and outside the box that they lose the aspects of the foods they claim they are making? I had the scallop appetizer (which are uncooked) and while it seems to be an attempt at ceviche type food, it was too raw for my taste. For main course I had the scallops with beans and while independently they tasted great, together they were a mess. As a whole for the group, The salumi plate was fine, and they gave us some Foie Gras because our table ran 30 min late. Foie Gras isn't an Italian food. The raw oysters made my friend ill. You must order all your food except dessert up front ( SO not Italian style, where you can order as you go)
The staff was attentive, and there is an honest enthusiasm from the owners wife who is the hostess. In summary, we won't ever be going back. All the meats are somewhat exotic, no chickens or cooked fish at all either. Overall was a disappointment.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank texas_traveler750
London
“Pretty impressive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Special treat and reservation took 6 weeks for a 5:30 Saturday night slot oh well. The place is cute, service charming and food decent to outstanding. Starters of home cured meats were excellent as were their signature dates with foie gras. Pasta was a mixed bag with their duck confit pasta lacking texture and being a bit dry. Mains of Wagyu beef coulotte was Outstanding. Wines are on the expensive side but the primitivo ww had was great. Altogether a great little restaurant with good food that plays maybe a bit too safe.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is probably one of the best restaurants in the Dallas area. Our favorite: Rabbit canneloni with mushrooms, Wagyu with salsa verde and arugula, and Duck confit with shallots in red wine.My husband and I even loved the Fennel and orange salad. The place is very small and reservations are hard to get but we love this restaurant.

Chicago, Illinois
“Mostly great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here on a Friday evening, and the atmosphere was cozy. The food seemed inventive, and I thought the service was good. My only knock on this place is they served me raw oysters that made me sick. Classic food poisoning. It may be awhile before I order oysters anywhere again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Lucia? Share your experiences!