“Great steak excellent service”
Review of Dallas Chop House

Dallas Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dallas Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 3,981 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: St. Paul
Description: Updating the Texas and American steakhouse experience, DRG Concepts’ Dallas Chop House debuted in 2009 to additional culinary acclaim in the Comerica Bank Building in Downtown Dallas at Main and St. Paul Streets. The upscale bar and patio sit directly across from the beautiful Main Street Gardens. Voted on the list “Best Steakhouse in DFW”, DCH offers in house dry aged beef, grass fed filet, and gourmet dishes leaving every guest with a perfect taste of Dallas!
Reviewed November 17, 2017

We had a great meal. The steak was excellent. The service was fantastic. The deserts were good too. Expensive but great place to eat.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

The best part is the outdoor patty area which is ideal for drinks afger work or meeting friends before the start of the evening.

The food and service are both average. I had a steak which was tender but rather cold when it arrived. The service level was a bit slow as I was nearly done with dinner before the waiter managed to make it back to my table with a condiment that I had requested.

ManuelM2013, D.O. at Dallas Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Hello Mark,
Thank you for your comments on your visit to Dallas Chop House. I'm so sorry to hear that our food and service was not as perfect as we always expect it to be. I've passed your message about the steak temperature and slow service on to our manager and chef. They are working with our team to figure out what may have happened and to ensure it does not happen again.hanks again for your feedback and allowing us this chance to improve. We would love to see you back at Dallas Chop House again sometime soon so you may see how great our food and service usually is and can be. If you'd like to send me your address, I can send you something in the mail to use on your next visit. Also, please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions. You can reach Alice at akezhaya@drgconcepts.com

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Pay attention to the parking. The location is in usually busy downtown Dallas. If driving there for lunch, suggest you use the $5 valet parking. Be headed toward the West on Main as you approach the restaurant, Have your smart phone on the ready and be prepared to say the phone number used in making the reservation. The valet will ask at once for and enter it on a handheld device - an automated process to ID you and your reservation. This will send you a message immediately (with a valet ticket number included) for you to retrieve your car later. You will need this number because you won't be given any paper stub or other ID for requesting your car back. NOTE: A short distance away on Main there is a "Chop House Burger" eatery, and I was probably not the first who wasted a few minutes assuring that it was not my destination. Building numbers on Main are mostly missing or otherwise not easily visible from a moving car.

The restaurant has a good atmosphere and the wait staff attentive and helpful. When you first reserved you were assigned a table number, and that is where you will go. The tastiest steak on the lunch menu is said to be the rib eye. Ours in fact were delicious. They brought me beautiful asparagus with my meal. I had asked before ordering if they would be well cooked, as raw and chewy ones sometimes seem to be the style now and are not my favorite. Was assured they were thoroughly cooked. Would call what I was served pretty firm, but the quality was so good that I ate some of it anyway. My two guests had salads and liked them, the coffee was decent, and our lunch together was thoroughly enjoyed. The sound levels and atmosphere were perfect for clear and unhurried conversation. Steaks take time to cook, so we shared deviled eggs for an appetizer. These were mighty fine. Did not try the desserts, as we were completely filled up by the steak. Would like to see a full size Ahi Tuna entree, but for lunch it was only available in a sandwich.We had no alcohol and paid a tad over $50 apiece for lunch and a decent tip. Methinks with a little more attention to a few details - like parking procedures and options for the uninitiated spelled out in more detail via their website, and perhaps a bit more lunch menu selection - the total lunch experience here would be closer to equaling the fine quality of the food.

Hello, 1earthlover! Thank you for your comment! I would just like to clarify that we also offer parking below our restaurant, in the Comerica Bank Tower parking garage, which we are happy to validate for our guests! Thanks again for your comments and feedback!

Reviewed October 29, 2017

I am torn on this restaurant; I don't think I got the full experience possible. This restaurant boasts a ribeye that is "dry-aged in Himalayan Sea Salt." My waiter did not seem to know much beyond that standard script. When I asked for a good wine to pair with my ribeye, he suggested a Cabernet Sauvignon--they had several, and I know enough about wines to know that a Cabernet goes well with a powerful steak. He showed me the wine menu, which was very nice of him, but neither he nor the menu had anything to say about the flavor profiles of their Cabernets. I guessed on one, and that turned out well.
The steak was perfectly fine. I will give them credit for not starting the steak until after the appetizer is out of the way, but I knew something was off when my steak came out two minutes later. The steak was seared, and it came to me rare--I had ordered medium rare. I considered sending it back, but a steak never comes out good when it is twice-cooked. It's like re-lighting a cigar or a pipe; it just doesn't work well. I don't terribly mind a rare, seared steak, and I decided that was the lesser of two evils. The steak itself was fine, but nothing outrageously mind-blowing. I was expecting better in Texas. Texans may take umbrage at this, but I have had much better in New York City.
The restaurant itself is very nice. The decor is modern, but not weird.
Demetrius, the Maitre D', is very friendly and helpful. The seats and the atmosphere are excellent. I was really hoping for a better steak. I had an appetizer, a side (the steaks come a la carte), the steak, and a glass of wine, and wound up paying $125. I don't mind paying over $100 for an outstanding steak dinner (Ruth's Chris and Morton's definitely merit such a price tag), but this was not at that level.

ManuelM2013, Guest Relations Manager at Dallas Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Hello RoanokeGeoff,
I'm so sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience at Dallas Chop House! Thank you for your feedback and allowing us this chance to improve. I have forwarded your message to the manager and chefs, who are working with our team to figure out what may have happened during your visit. We would love to see you back at the restaurant soon so you can see how great our food and service usually is and strives to be! If you'd like to send us your address, we could send you something in the mail for your next visit--my associate is ready to assist you at akezhaya@drgconcepts.com. Thanks again and we hope to hear back!

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Went with my partner at the end of September. Great steaks, cocktails and above all excellent service. It is pricey but the food, service and ambiance make up for it.

Been to Dallas Chop House? Share your experiences!