“Not really anything to do”

West End Historic District
and up
Dallas Food and JFK History Tour
Ranked #49 of 248 things to do in Dallas
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We went to the West End District because we heard there was shopping and things to do. When we got there, there were no shops, and only the JFK museum. We walked around for about 10 minutes, and then left.

1  Thank Alex R

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I work down here and live closeby. It's a shame the area has lost a lot of its charm. Very few restaurants are still open and only one store that I know of. I can say, though, this store has the best Texas souvenirs of any place I've been (I have a lot of friends overseas and out of state).

I would only suggest this to someone that likes one stop shopping. You can get a bite to eat and shop in a short amount of time.

1  Thank Theodora8
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Years ago I brought friends from out of town here, but the last few stops were just not worth our time. very sad. dallas should have a great "go to place" like Allen, Plano and Ft. Worth (sundance square i.e.)

4  Thank Brad P
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Lots of boarded up historic warehouses that are teeming with potential. Looks like many cities in large, Northern States. Need to try again.

2  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hey get your mind out of the gutter. There are several different restaurants in the area that offer musical entertainment for just about any tastes.

2  Thank RalphR2