“Will visit again soon”

Dallas Farmers Market
Ranked #41 of 248 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Dallas Farmers Market has been operating since 1941. The Dallas Farmers Market is The Shed and The Market. The weekly farmers market (Friday - Sunday) located in The Shed is a great way to find local produce and artisanal goods. The 26,000 sf Market (open daily fro 10 am - 6 pm) includes local restaurants and gifts stores. Urban Farmhouse and Charming Flower Shop are opening in the Harvest Retail in 2018.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Since my wife and I were staying in a nearby hotel for our anniversary, we decided to finally visit the Dallas Farmer's Market. We've lived near Dallas for almost a decade, and this was our first visit. Shed #2 contains various restaurants, including the Pecan Lodge (which I also reviewed on Trip Advisor), and various specialty-foods vendors. Sheds #1 and #3 contain a lot of great produce for anyone to purchase in large or small amounts. Shed #4 is for wholesale buyers. Although we walked there, we noticed that many people had the challenge of parking. We noticed that there were plenty of spots at Shed #4 while most people tried to mark at #2 and #3. We look forward to returning with our teenagers to buy some fresh items that we will use to create dishes together.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

So glad they have not torn it down. I go there every time I get a chance. I like to buy produce but I like the flowers and shrubs even more.

I have been in the greenhouse business in a big way for 30 years and have a large collection of container plants for my home patio but make the trip from Oklahoma to the market to find new and pretty things.

Give it a whirl

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

What a great morning. Loved the many stalls of fresh veggies and fruits at bargain prices. Super friendly and helpful vendors. Look forward to cooking my fresh asparagus, red potatoes and cantaloupe

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

In comparison with many European produce markets, and some such as Victoria Market in Melbourne Australia, this place disappoints. For fruit and vegetable, in one of 2 covered areas, this one covered but open on sides, good range and attractively priced but from a limited number of producers on this Thursday. Plenty of parking available. The food and general market hall, a separate enclosed building, disappoints. A limited number of speciality stores and only a couple of fresh food takeaway options, although grill was popular. Only one fresh meat butcher and half the area empty. If need fresh fruit and vege, a great place to shop, otherwise would give a miss. 6 block walk from Main St.

1  Thank Emanpee
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stopped here on our way too San Antonio. It was small but a nice farmers market and we got some delicious snacks for the rest of outer trip. I would definitely go again if I'm ever in Dallas.