“One of the best”

Cuisines: Mexican
dallas
“One of the best”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Always a good experience for consistent Mexican food! The slasa is plentiful as are the chips. We have been to several locations throughout Dallas and envireons and alway the same: good service, good food, hard to miss.

• Visited November 2013

Austin, Texas
“The Flame Remains The Same”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I started eating with my family at the El Fenix off of Illinois Street in Dallas when I was 5 and it was Buffet and a little lady walked around with a basket full of Hot Sopapillas and you could ask for as many as you wanted free! I ate at these restaurants for over 30 years and whenever I go back to Dallas this is where I go and I get the same thing and i has never failed me...Soft Cheese Tacos!

• Visited November 2013
richardson
“The first in Dallas is right along side the new Perot Museum.”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We love going there.....I have been going since I was a child....now we take our grand kids. We go to the museum and then have lunch at the original El Fenix.....their Juarez is my favorite......the saltillo is my husband's and the kids love the quesadillas. The service is really good....some of the staff has been there for decades.

Visited November 2013
“Family friendly”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was good but what truly made this restuarant was the waiter we had serving us. We were a large group and he did excellent with keeping up with us.

• Visited September 2013
Austin, Texas
“Good old fashioned Tex Mex”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a late lunch at the downtown location, across the way from the Perot Science Museum. The ambiance was traditional, the server was quick and pleasant, and the food was flavorful and ample. The price tag was quite reasonable. It can't get any better than that. Well, yeah it could have been a tad quieter, but with few customers yelling, I could talk to my wife.

Visited August 2013

Been to El Fenix? Share your experiences!